Thread: Mystics and Atonement

Drake Valance Guest

Default Mystics and Atonement

In my post war of souls era campaign, I have a mystic, who was recently involved in a Dragon Vassal style story line, in which he was encouraged to do evil acts on threat of pain and death by a Dragon Overlord, who's mostly laying low for now, but sends her minions after the party every now and again.

The place where I'm seeking advise is, after the scale has been removed, the party kinda subdued him to death, and they removed the scale before having him raised, Should he not have to seek atonement to get back his healing powers? He is arguing that he doesn't see his actions as evil, only self preservative, when I deemed that he has done enough under this evil influence for his alignment to change from neutral to evil, and also his cures to inflicts, but now i'm in abit of a quandry, cause he refuses to seek atonement, on the grounds that his character feels no guilt oer his actions, and he shouldn't have to seek the god's forgiveness, since he is a mystic.

Any thoughts?

Cure to inflicts? Why?
    Was he mind-controlled while doing it? Did he do it by free will?
    If yes, he was mind-controlled, he should keep his neutral alignment IMO.
    If no, he did it by free will and doesn't care about it, change his alignment to evil untill he changes again back to neutral. That's what I think you should do.

What kind of mystic was he? It all depends on his character's personal philosophy and faith. Mystics get their power from a deep, personal commitment to an ideal, a tradition, a principle, or an understanding of a greater purpose that manifests itself within them. They have to really believe in it to use it as a means of accessing the ambient divine that threads itself through all living things, so if they're just paying lip-service, it won't work.

Cheers,
    Cam

He could have gotten callous over the years of his servatude and convinced himself any harm he has done he was forced by the Dragon Overlord

Drake Valance Guest

Well it looks like i might have to eat some crow on this one, it's ok though.