Thread: Master Performer and Bard feats

Sword Knight Guest

Question Master Performer and Bard feats

I am wondering if Bard feats like Green Hear, Lingering Song (and other feats which use the Bardic Music ability) can be taken by a Master Performer since some of the Knacks of that class are equivalent to Bardic Music...

Personally I don't see anything wrong using Lingering Song to extend the duration of Knacks like Coordinate or Inspiration...

Any official word?

I would highly doubt that be allowed since they are different abilities. Further it might also introduced more unbalancing elements in the fact that Bards have limit to how many bardic music they can do a day and thereby benefit from their feat. A Master abilities just require them a full-round action and for the ability duration to run out before they could initiate it again.
    Pondering the Mysteries of Dragonlance
    Member of the Whitestone Council

Check out the Dragonlance Forum Chat. Right there next to Quick Link and Log Out on the top tool bar. See who's chatting too.

-SZ

Sword Knight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sephzero
    I would highly doubt that be allowed since they are different abilities. Further it might also introduced more unbalancing elements in the fact that Bards have limit to how many bardic music they can do a day and thereby benefit from their feat. A Master abilities just require them a full-round action and for the ability duration to run out before they could initiate it again.
    I see... Thank you

Not only that, but the Bardic Music ability allows the Bard to utilize supernatural and spell-like abilities, whereas the Master Performer's capabilities are all extraordinary abilities.

Your turn.
    We are Dragonlance!

Sorrow's Explanation of THAC0 for the Mystically Inclined: "THAC0 is merely an infinitesimal quantity of the physical capability to intrude upon an object in four-dimensional space, by utilizing the unyielding laws of the universe rulebook."