Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Memories of You (All Welcome)

Default Memories of You (All Welcome)

Okay, feeling a little lack of openness of threads, so here's one for everyone! Just feel free to jump in with your bio and an intro... I don't really have a plan or anything for this thread, except that all of our characters somehow already know each other, and are just meeting up at a reunion after many years... Hence the "memories of you"

My only request is that you please try not to use any one liners... they bug me... :p

~*~

My character:

Name: Merynn Halstead
    Race: Human
    Class: Ranger/Rogue
    Alignment: Merynn abides by no written laws but that of her own will, mostly neutral beliefs and ideas (but her brother is a Highlord, hehe :p )
    Description: Merynn is beautiful with her small slender figure, standing at 4’11” and weighing less than 100 pounds. She has slightly tanned skin, long sleek black hair, and piercing emerald eyes. She is well muscled and toned from her sharp skill with the blade, and can most definitely hold her own in combat.
    Personality: Merynn is expressively arrogant and narcissistic, finding herself better than others. She has a very high opinion of herself. Mostly charming, coy, and flirtatious, she never stays in one spot for long in fear of getting bored. Though when one gets to know Merynn and sees her true personality they will see what a fireball she can be. She has a hot temper and a strong head, driving her ambition to achieve whatever she wants whenever she wants it. She is clever and strong, and never turns down the opportunity for a challenge, always having to be number one. Merynn always has to get her way and has the tendency to be overly competitive. On the good side she is witty and resourceful, always thinking of some sort of plan. She is intelligent and quick thinking and loyal to those she deems worthy.
    Appearance: Away from the palace, Merynn generally likes to dress in simple tunics and appears very tom-boyish. Most often in a scarlet tunic with black pants and a midnight black cloak. She will wear her hair long, falling low down her back along with heavy black boots. At her side always appears her two silver and black handled sais which she has practiced with all her life. Also various daggers are hidden along her cloak lining and in her boots, not to mention carries a pack full of random magical artifacts and herbs for spells (and of course a spell book). Merynn has no need for armor, no matter how light. She is normally quick when fighting and doesn’t see it fit.
    Bio: Oh… You’ll see!

~*~

The day was drawing to a close and Merynn was still waiting at the inn, a large mug of hot cocoa and plate of spiced potatoes in front of her, nothing better on a frigid winter day such as this. She let out a sigh and breathed in the warm smell of the Inn of the Last Home, one of her favorite places to stay and just relax without a care in the world. Taking a sip of soup and glancing to the door, she continued to wait for her friends for the reunion of a lifetime…
    Last edited by Merynn; 01-18-2006 at 09:07 PM.
    And thus I clothe my naked villainy
    With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Pam-Mel-Rach...Musketeers forever <3

Nathalinthas Guest

Name: Nathalinthas
    Race: Kagonesti Elf
    Class: Warrior
    Alignment: Neutral. He does his own bidding at his own will, rare for an elf
    Appearence: Tan with a muscular build. Long dark blond hair with a bandana tied at the forehead, a present and momento from his student; Merynn. He is clad in a dark cloak and accompanied by two double-blade short swords, a bow and a quiver of arrows, which it is believed he was born with this weaponry for his skill exceeds his age. He is covered with black boots and a black tunic.
    Bio :Left his home in search for adventure, taking out whatever band of evil he can find, but does not start any commotion. He is silent and stealthy, allowing others to act first.

A tall, dark cloaked figure walked into the inn, seeming to search for someone. Then it seemed he found what he was looking for. "Praise the gods, Merynn, my dear. My how much you have grown in these 4 years. I came as soon as I got your letter. Thoses damn horse riders are to damn slow, I still say give a gyriffon a bag of parchment and they will be delievered days before those accursed horses. Well how have you been? Your mother and father?"
    Nathalinthas took a quick chair, but first noticing everyone in the room- a draconian sitting in the corner, a bazaar by the looks of the medalion. "Bar maid, some potatoes if you will and some wine if you will."

Merynn looked to the newcomer, Nathalinthas, with a smile, setting down the silver spoon she was holding onto the polished wooden table.

“I’ve been excellent!” She announced, positively beaming. It had been 4 years since seeing her teacher, one of the first to show her around the foundations of magic, and some basic art with her ever favorite sais. She had missed him, that was for certain.

“Mother and Father have been good too… Haven’t seen them in quite a while though, not since I left Palanthas about two summers ago…” Merynn shrugged, she quite enjoyed her life on the road, though she did miss her family quite a bit at times.

“And what about you, Nathal? What have you been up to?”

Nathalinthas Guest

"Nothing much really. I was in a battle some moons ago. Draconian raide in the small village south of here. I took the first one by surprise right in the back. The others actually put up a fight."

Nathal stood up and begain to act out his battle. "I took out one sword- you never show everything you have to offer to boot, you slowly introduce it to them- then threw a dagger into ones' throat with my left hand. The other charged in a mad rage. Right when he blocked my swing I grabbed my other sword with my left and punctured his innerds. Now remember young one, you have to remove a weapon from and draconian, unless its a baz, then you run like hell."

Nathal finished just as the maid brought his potatoes. He sat down and pondered. "So young one any battles latly or have you finally realized you should play with dolls? haha. Im playing young one. You have exceled faster than any male I know and a lot more coragous than some of these bastards."

“You better believe it!” Merynn exclaimed haughtily, laughing at Nathal’s re-creation of puncturing a draconian’s innerds, which was immensely entertaining.

“I’ve had my share. Mostly goblins for me though, so no worries about a baz, or those stupid creatures turning to stone around your dagger.” She let out a sigh and leaned back in her wooden chair, now balancing between its two sturdy legs and the girl’s booted heels.

“The way I see it, goblins are dolls… Only not the exact kind I would want to play dress up with…” Merynn smirked, that would be one game she would never play.

“I’ll keep to sticking them with swords.”

Name: Sarser
    Race: Human
    Class: Warrior/Mercenary
    Alignment: Mostly Neutral, will side with the highest price.
    Appearance: Sarser dons an elven travelers cloak. He has brown hair with sharp brown eyes. For weapons, he primarily uses his proud bastard sword but in close combat will switch to a secondary, single handed sword. Both are sheaved on his left side, beneath his cloak. Above all things, He prefers to be called Sar.
    Bio: When he was younger, Sarser dreamed of becomming a Solamnic Knight. He was well trained by his father and was a firece fighter before he was Ten years old. Unfortunitly, he lacked the paitence and tolerance that a Knight is required to have. His dreams crushed, Sarser found a new dream. Mercenary life. Ever since he has been selling his swordsmanship skills to the highest bidder.

Sarser gazed about the village of Solace in silent remembrance. Four years ago he had been in the very same spot in which he now stood. Before he made the promise to reunite with old freinds on this very day. The mercenary stood silent for several more moments, thoughts flying throughout his mind. Why am I hesitating!? Thought Sarser. There is no way they can know what I have done, what I have sworn my allegence to. His gloved hands tightly gripped the railing. They will not think me a traitor, heck, they will probably join me! Sar heaved a heavy sigh. They probably arent even in there...
    A brisk wind suddenly opened some of Sars cloak. Red dragonhide armor gleemed in the twighlight. Cursing the wind, Sar wrapped his cloak more tightly around him, making sure non of his armor was visable.
    "They will never know." said Sar aloud. Once agian making sure his armor was hidden, Sar strode into the Inn.
    Reading a book is like flying through a portal to another world. Roleplaying is when you get there.

OOC:Good to RP with ya again Mel
    Name:Karuan(Karu)
    Race:Half-elf
    Class:Ranger/Mercenary
    Gear:Bow,quiver,two long daggers,and a long sword made of elvish enchanted steel and black obsidian.
    Bio:Karuan was born in the Kagonesti lands,his father was a human sell-sword,and his mother was a Kagonesti Huntress.
    Alignment:Neutral Good

BIC:Karu walked up the stair way silently,his swords hanging loosely at his side made no noise as the jounced against his clothing.He strode through the door not even recognizing Sarser,he looked over at the table and saw Merynn and Nalthal,"You should be a bit more wary of your surroundings Old one" he said silently walking up behid Nalthal without so much as a creak of the floorboard.He smiled and shook Nal's hand,"Good to se you Old friend".He then looked to the girl at the table,"Merynn?" he asked in mock surprise,"It has been to long,you have grown.Are you still as annoying to that brother of your's?" he asked giving her a warm smile as he extended his gloved hand to her.....
    Last edited by Knight Elf; 01-18-2006 at 09:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon..

Nathalinthas Guest

"Damn you Karu! It seems you lean more to your Elvish side everyday. The abyss with that hand come here 'brother'" Nathal grabed Karus' right hand and threw the left around his neck.

He then leaned further in "To be honest, old friend, I forgot I was suppose to come untill she sent that letter to remind me. Im physically young, but the mind is started to fade."

Nathalinthas turned "Sarser! Do you ever speak? let us know you are here, I don't think the gods saw you come in. Here take a seat. Karus leave the bar maid alone. Bar maid two more spiced potatoes, three wines, and one water for the girl."

When they all settled down Nathal looked at Merynn. "She has grown hasn't she. Just yesterday it seemed she was chasing her brother with that wooden sword Sarser made her. Now look at her, the real thing on her belt." The elf looked at the other two. "Her skills have grown but so has her tongue, believe me."

"It is good to see you again Nathal" he said after he got his hand back."I'm glad you are fit as ever".After sitting down he looked back at Sar,"How do you always do that?" Karu asked looking back at the human."Why is it we never see you first?" he asked satanding to shake the man's hand....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon..

Sarser, some time before, had been looking forward to this time when he would reunite with his old comrades... And yet now he dreaded it. Once agian he began to think. I should not have come. He thought. Bah, what else would I do?
    Suddenly Karu walked past him, not even acknowledging Sarsers existence. Damn fool probably doesent even know who I am. Thought Sarser. Never could tell where I was. Not any of them...
    Suddenly Sarser was recognized.
    "Sarser! Do you ever speak? let us know you are here, I don't think the gods saw you come in." Said Nathalinthas. "Here take a seat. Karus leave the bar maid alone. Bar maid two more spiced potatoes, three wines, and one water for the girl."
    Suddenly and unexpectintly, Sarser grinned. "Its nice to see you agian, my old friend." Said the mercenary as he walked over to the table and looked over the rest of his companions. "It is nice to see everyone agian."
    Karu began talking to Nathalinthas. It is good to see you again Nathal" he said."I'm glad you are fit as ever". Karu then turned towards Sarser. ,"How do you always do that?" the half elf asked looking back at Sarser."Why is it we never see you first?" Karu then stood preparing to shake Sarser's hand.
    Sarser shook Karu's hand. "Its a gift. One of the many I have picked up over the last 4 years of my...Services." he said. Sarser then sat down in the chair indicated by Nathalinthas.
    "So," said the mercenary, "What's everyone been up to these past 4 years?"
    Reading a book is like flying through a portal to another world. Roleplaying is when you get there.