Thread: 5th Age

Smak Guest

Default 5th Age

Hi all.
    I used to be a big fan of Dragonlance years ago, and I'd like to start reading them again. I stopped reading around the time Chaos War and 5th Age books started coming out, and I was wondering if there was a list or something that could get me caught up on what's happened in the Dragonlance world since then.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Smak; 11-27-2005 at 12:31 AM.

well alot has happened. u should read the following in this order
    1. Dragons of a New Age Trilogy
    2. Bridges of Time Series (5 books)
    3. Dhamon Saga (optional but a great read)
    4. crossroads (5)
    5. and then u'll be ready for the war of the souls

after that, its up to u dude

I only read the Dragons of a New Age and then read the short story books that came out. Rebels and Heroes, Tyrants and Fools, and the other one that I can't think of. If you ask me read these and save yourself the headache of the rest of those books until after you read War of Souls. It makes those books more meaningful then.
    Chuck

Editor of the Palanthas Herald

Member of the Whitestone Council

Crew on the Dragonlance Canticle

Former Contributor of the Lexicon

The latest book in the saga is probably a decade following the War of Souls and details the lives of the elves in the years following the war. Most of the races are still picking up the pieces from the war and trying to get on with things. The biggest changes that you need to be aware of are with the dark nights and the minotaurs.
    JB Cohen
    Wildrunner Extraordinaire

Atreyu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jbcohen
    The latest book in the saga is probably a decade following the War of Souls and details the lives of the elves in the years following the war. Most of the races are still picking up the pieces from the war and trying to get on with things. The biggest changes that you need to be aware of are with the dark nights and the minotaurs.
    Actually, the book you speak of, Sanctuary, takes place five years after the War of Souls :p

Yeah, pretty much, before I got REALLY into DL, I read the Dragons of a New Age > War of Souls ... I am now going back and reading the others (ie, Crossroads, ect). So far, I have felt secure I did the right thing by reading the two triology's without the supplemental other books.

~ Atreyu

Smak Guest

Thanks for the help.

So far the "new world" seems prett\y depressing, no magic or gods :(

Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    Thanks for the help.

So far the "new world" seems pretty depressing, no magic or gods :(
    Well, things are still in a state of flux and other forms of magic are being uncovered. Some major changes have come about once you reached the War of Souls. From then the next state of changes and flux is taking the continent of Ansalon.
    Pondering the Mysteries of Dragonlance
    Member of the Whitestone Council

Check out the Dragonlance Forum Chat. Right there next to Quick Link and Log Out on the top tool bar. See who's chatting too.

-SZ

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrin
    Rebels and Heroes, Tyrants and Fools, and the other one that I can't think of.
    For those who need to know the titles are Heroes and Fools, Rebels and Tyrants, and Relics and Omens. I think you kind of got them mixed up Gerrin

AA21

Hush my dear
    Let the music fill the night
    And soon itís all we hear