Page 301 of 301 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301
Results 3,001 to 3,009 of 3009

Thread: Margaret Weis....we have a question for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Alizar View Post
    Apologies if this is a pernickety question. in the Soulforge, p. 354, Antimodes says about his brother's rival taylor "I myself have been tempted more than once to send Bigby's Crushing Hand to knocking on his door". Bigby is, however, an archmage in Greyhawk setting. Indeed, in the "Tales of Ansalon" world book the authors say "Speels with any of the following names are immediately disqualified: Bigby...etc." Was the crossreference to Greyhawk introduced on purpose?
    We just thought it would be fun. Good catch, though!

It does confirm that there are plenty of wizards running around that can sling a 9th level spell or two. Low-magic setting my foot.
    Sallis the Silver Blaze
    Member of the Whitestone Council
    I don't want to be the bad guy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallis the Silver Blaze View Post
    It does confirm that there are plenty of wizards running around that can sling a 9th level spell or two. Low-magic setting my foot.
    Similarly, in Dragons of the Hourglass Mage, towards the end, it notes that wizards were fleeing from Raistlin on "... the wings of wish spells." or something similar. So not only were their multiple black robes with 9th level slots, they were completely terrified of Raistlin despite their 9th level slots. And this was before he had time to gain in knowledge and power in Palanthas.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Quote Originally Posted by elder View Post
    Similarly, in Dragons of the Hourglass Mage, towards the end, it notes that wizards were fleeing from Raistlin on "... the wings of wish spells." or something similar. So not only were their multiple black robes with 9th level slots, they were completely terrified of Raistlin despite their 9th level slots. And this was before he had time to gain in knowledge and power in Palanthas.
    We were writing novels, not game manuals.

Apologies if this is a pernickety question. in the Soulforge, p. 354, Antimodes says about his brother's rival taylor "I myself have been tempted more than once to send Bigby's Crushing Hand to knocking on his door". Bigby is, however, an archmage in Greyhawk setting. Indeed, in the "Tales of Ansalon" world book the authors say "Speels with any of the following names are immediately disqualified: Bigby...etc." Was the crossreference to Greyhawk introduced on purpose?
    There have been some mentions in D&D lore (and I forget where) that some mages' spells have found their way to other worlds.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Darkness View Post
    We just thought it would be fun. Good catch, though!
    Thanks very much for the reply, and for the book, Ms Weis! Let me take the opportunity to say that I deeply appreciated the test being presented concisely, and the narrative structure building up towards it. Itís a great novel, beyond its Dragonlance nature, which of course I love!

Thanks very much for the reply, and for the book, Ms Weis! Let me take the opportunity to say that I deeply appreciated the test being presented concisely, and the narrative structure building up towards it. Itís a great novel, beyond its Dragonlance nature, which of course I love!
    Thank you! That book was a joy to write!

Margaret

8. Default What about the Wizards Three?

I'm not sure if it counts, but I do recall that in the world-hopping ongoing series "The Wizards Three" which appeared in DRAGON Magazine in the 1990s, Elminster of the Forgotten Realms had supper at Ed Greenwood's abode with Mordenkainen of Greyhawk and (for a time) Dalamar....

Also, let me say that it is an honour to be on the same forum as one of the co-authors of the DragonLance saga! In about a month I shall be live-streaming a hardcore 1e DL series campaign in part for the purpose of comparing it to The Lord of the Rings and apologize in advance for any criticisms I might level at the setting!

Have fun!