Page 1 of 301 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Margaret Weis....we have a question for you!

Serena DarkMyst Guest

Default Margaret Weis....we have a question for you!

It occured to some of us on the board that we are both unsure of when it is that Raistlin Majere did die...and where the Staff of Magius currently is residing. If it's not too much trouble could you please enlighten us on those two queries?

dalamar_thedark Guest

Well I'm not Weis, but I think Raistlin died before the War of Souls, presumably by Takhisis (for that disloyalty thing or something) or her minions...the whereabouts of the Staff of Magius currently i have no idea.

No offense Dalamar, truely, but this post is for Ms Weis herself. There are several threads where we're discussing this matter, we'd just like her input here so the matter can be resolved on what is and is not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Serena DarkMyst
    It occured to some of us on the board that we are both unsure of when it is that Raistlin Majere did die...and where the Staff of Magius currently is residing. If it's not too much trouble could you please enlighten us on those two queries?
    In particular if Raistlin was dead or alive during Dragons of a Vanished Moon?

Many thanks in advance.

P.S Will you marry me?

beardies221 Guest

Hey guys, just a little word of advice. I would try re-posting or having this topic moved to the Novels section, because that seems to be the only forum that Ms. Weis checks. She has 11 posts, and every one of those posts is for that forum... Just a little advice .

Consider it moved.

Cheers,
    Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Serena DarkMyst

Spoilers . . .

Raistlin dies at the end of Legends, when he is granted peace in "sleep" (death) by the gods for his sacrifice at the end of that book. His spirit is tied to Caramon's, however, and thus his spirit cannot leave the world until Caramon dies. The bond between the brothers and between Raistlin and Palin wakes Raistlin from his "sleep" and he returns to the world to help in the war against Chaos. Because his spirit is still in the world, Raistlin is caught up in the War of Souls.

The Staff of Magius was taken away from Palin at the end of Summer Flame and since we haven't heard anything about it, I would say that its whereabouts are currently a msytery.

Margaret

easily answered by our Queen

*bows*

Default *** SPOILERS - War of Souls ***

To Margaret Weis

Thanks for answering this question you have helped clarify a lot of issues I had with how the story played out.

To all those involved with this discussion

Like I said, I would admit it when I am wrong - and I am wrong. I guess Raistlin was dead during DoaVM. Thanks for discussing this issue. I found it quite enjoyable and made me think about a few things. Hopefully one day we could have another discussion like this again.

Thank you O' Queen of Darkness
    “There's always, always a choice. My options might really, truly suck, but that doesn't mean there isn't a choice.”

- Harry Dresden -