Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Favorites

Favorite Novel- Soulforge, with Dragons of Hourglass Mage right next to it

Favorite Character- ammm.. Raistlien is sure at the top, with Silvanoshei almost the same place

Favorite short Story- Raistlien's Doughter from the Second Generation

Favorite Trilogy- Chronicles. Yeah, it got me. I've read it just, like, 20 times...

Least Favorite Novel- Kindred Spirits. Yack...

Least Favorite Trilogy- Kingpriest Trilogy. I don't sure way, but it made me want to hit someone.

Least Favorite Character- Beldinas Pilofiro. Most chances he is why I wanted to hit someone. He was the only one to anoy me more than Steel.
    "Black, White, Red, Gray, Brown..It seems like all of Krynn is divided by Colours- Mortals, Dragons and even the Gods...All of the wars in the world exist only becouse someone is fighting for which colour we will wear, to which club we will belong..Why can't we all just be Colourless?"- Head of the Game

To Do List- Rule of the Overlords (overlords as gods alternative timeline)
    War of the Orb (alternative WotL timeline)
    My 4e Krynn timeline

Favorite Novel- Test of the twins. A very emotional book which had me shed a tear at the end.

Favorite Character- Cathan MarSevrin. I thought he was an amazing character and enjoyed reading About him grow.

Favorite short Story- Raistlin's daughter was a great read for me. Just wish it were true!

Favorite Trilogy- Really enjoyed the Kingpriest trilogy. To see how the Kingpriest that caused the cataclysm develop from someone who seemed so good and pure to then show us how he changed so much that the gods did what they did in the end.

Least Favorite Novel- Fistandantilus Reborn. Found it was slow and kept reading as I thought it was really going to go somewhere and was disappointed at the end.

Least Favorite Trilogy- Think it was the WOS. Didn't leave me yearning for more at the end.

Favourite Duology - Kang's regiment. Changed my opinion on the Dracs after reading these. Was very disappointed to see there was no third to see how the girls grew.

Least Favorite Character - Derek Crownguard was someone I did not warm to at all.

Cool Favourite Character

Who's your favourite character from Dragonlance/ Forgotten Realms? Mine (out of the books I've read so far) is Alias from the Finders Stone Trilogy.

I'll take a stab at this...

Favorite Novel: Dragons of Highlord Skies
    See Favorite Character below.

Favorite Character: Feal-thas
    Between his winternorn abilities, his total dispassion for the world around him, and how he handled Kit, he quickly became my favorite. I'll admit though, Marshall Medan ran a close second.

Favorite Trilogy: Dark Disciple
    Not for Mina. I downright hated Mina, until the last book that is. No, it was the story about Rhys, the fact that the gods were so involved, and the fact that we finally had a kender who was not average and, in fact, had a downright cool character concept.

Favorite Duology: Raistlin Chronicles
    Soulforge was ok, but but Brothers in Arms was pretty good. Loved Kit's story especially.

Favorite Short Story: Ummmm
    I have not read that many short stories so, nothing here.

Least Favorite Short Story: The story that Tas promised he would never ever tell
    I'm sorry. This one was just weird and didn't sit to well with me.

Least Favorite Character: Sturm
    He was way to self-righteous for me. Belindas ranks up there too, but I haven't read a lot on him.

Archives of WotC's favorite novel thread. Seemed like a good place to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrin
    What is your favorite Dragonlance novel?

Mine is Hammer and Axe by Dan Parkinnson

Great book about the founding of Thorbardin.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaithan-kanathar
    Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Weis and Hickman. It introduced the setting and characters that immersed me into that world. Both the Chronicles and Legends Trilogies are great reads. Outside of the "Holy Six" I can also highly recommend the "Elven Nations" trilogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by myriddian
    The Legend of Huma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonhelm

The Legend of Huma.

I would second this. Of course, I may be biased since I wrote a good portion of the comic book adaptation.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0akenshield9
    Honestly, I love the Lord of the Rose trilogy. Despite being after the War of Souls, the rebuilding of Solamnian Empires and the invention of gunpowder makes for an exciting tale.
    Quote Originally Posted by desdinovadragonkin
    For me it's the first three I read that started it all.. War of the Lance trilogy.

Honestly, I love the Lord of the Rose trilogy. Despite being after the War of Souls, the rebuilding of Solamnian Empires and the invention of gunpowder makes for an exciting tale.

For me, this series missed the mark on a couple of levels. First, I believe that gunpowder belongs in once place in DL - in the hands of gnomes.

Secondly, what killed the series for me was that Niles completely omitted the structure of the three orders of the Knighthood that had been a part of the setting for many years.

Of course, I am biased.
    Quote Originally Posted by milesmortis
    Favorites?

Other than the first six, I'd say Kindred Spirits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Granakrs
    The Doom Brigade, and Draconian Measures,

but then, I'm heavy biased.

Yes this was a good trilogy, not my favourite but highly entertaining.

For me, this series missed the mark on a couple of levels. First, I believe that gunpowder belongs in once place in DL - in the hands of gnomes.

I don't know what series you've been reading all these "many years" because gunpowder has never been just been "in the hands of the gnomes". Undecided

Yes this was a good trilogy, not my favourite but highly entertaining.

I don't know what series you've been reading all these "many years" because gunpowder has never been just been "in the hands of the gnomes".

Examples? There's Ulin, but what else?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaithan-kanathar
    I don't know if I'd say this is a "favorite" but I really liked the first two books in the Lost Chronicles. Third one was just "eh".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt
    1. Soulforge/Brothers in Arms
    2. Doom Brigade
    3. Legend of Huma
    4. Kingpriest trilogy
    5. Weasel's Luck

Sorry, I can't pick just one!

Examples? There's Ulin, but what else?

Raistlin for one. Ulin says his powder is nothing more than a refined version of his Uncle's flashpowder.
    Quote Originally Posted by adembroski11
    The Ergoth Trilogy... felt like the Odessey in Dragonlance form. LOVED it.
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerzodiark
    *looks as list of faves*

Uh...tooooo many
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerzodiark

*looks as list of faves*

Uh...tooooo many

I take that back: If I had to choose, I'd choose The Soulforge
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Weasel
    Love just about everything mentioned here.

But I also loved Villians Series.
    Quote Originally Posted by smc1977
    It is a tough decision. It would have to be either Dragons of Autumn Twilight or The Legend of Huma.
    Quote Originally Posted by DLfan

My favorite is Dragons of Winter Night. I read it in one day as a teenager. Wow. that was a great book.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Favorite Novel - Dragons of Winter Night, The Soulforge, Dragons of the Hourglass Mage, Test of the Twins

I can't just pick one.

Favorite Character - Raistlin

Raistlin is just the most intriguing fictional character ever written.

Favorite Short Story - The Legacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This story was just so well written! I loved it! A perfect sendoff to the greatest mage of all time!

Favorite Trilogy - Legends

Still the best "sorcery" books I have ever read.

Favorite Duology - The Raistlin Chronicles

Least Favorite Short Story - I don't think I have one.

Least Favorite Character - I don't think I have one, unless it is Kitiara. I just hated her and thought she was so terrible. But, I guess that is the hallmark of a good villain?

Hmm… Not seeing a pattern…

Quote Originally Posted by Falconer View Post
    Hmm… Not seeing a pattern…
    It is true I am a huge Raistlin fan. But more, I should probably just say I REALLY like the Dragonlance books in general. They are just fantastic books in general. Tas is a close second for my favorite character. Tanis, Palin, Tika, and Lauranna are a close third.

I should also say that I REALLY liked The Legend of Huma. Dalamar the Dark and the Elven Nations Trilogy were really fun reads too, though probably too much of a stretch to say they were my favorite. Oh, and I should say that Lost Chronicles is probably tied with Legends for my favorite Trilogy. A close second being the War of Souls tied with Chronicles.
    Last edited by Raist'sTwin; 07-19-2016 at 05:39 PM.