Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Spectre of Sorrows Errata

Quote Originally Posted by clarkvalentine
    I bet I forgot to include the natural armor - good catch!
    How could you have forgotten the natural armor! It's the pride of the minotaurs!

It's OK, I keep forgetting they have that, too. I'm often unsure why minotaurs aren't LA +1.

Cheers,
    Cam

Thengol Guest

Default Devourer?

Two questions popped up while preparing the 6th chapter of SoS, maybe you can help me: How does the traitor conjure the devourer? AFAICS the spell create greater undead won't work as the cleric level of the traitor is just 15.

Another point which is not quite clear for me is: why does the grip from Lothian on Kayleigh lessen, when the second tear is cleaned at the fountain of renewal?

Quote Originally Posted by Thengol
    Two questions popped up while preparing the 6th chapter of SoS, maybe you can help me: How does the traitor conjure the devourer? AFAICS the spell create greater undead won't work as the cleric level of the traitor is just 15.
    Chemosh helped. It's a plot device.

Another point which is not quite clear for me is: why does the grip from Lothian on Kayleigh lessen, when the second tear is cleaned at the fountain of renewal?
    This is a symbolic thing rather than anything direct. Removing the stain of elven blood on the Tear frees the world of more of Chemosh's influence, and it is Chemosh's influence that created the bond between Lothian and Kayleigh. In a sense, Kayleigh's enslavement to Lothian was mirrored in the Tear's enslavement to Chemosh.

Cheers,
    Cam

One thing I have noticed in SoS and KoD is that all Two handed weapons in stat blocks do not give the 1.5 times strength modifer. Such as the Dragonspawn Warriors in the first chapter only had 2d6+4 Great sword instead of 2d6+6 Great Sword damage. Just something to keep your eye out for the PoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagadodo
    One thing I have noticed in SoS and KoD is that all Two handed weapons in stat blocks do not give the 1.5 times strength modifer. Such as the Dragonspawn Warriors in the first chapter only had 2d6+4 Great sword instead of 2d6+6 Great Sword damage. Just something to keep your eye out for the PoC.
    Yep! We have our eyes peeled. That shouldn't be a universal problem for SoS - some of the earlier stat blocks from Chapter One are a little off, though, and I can only blame very late hours. Now that I have additional assistance from Clark and we spot-check each other, we don't have nearly as many of those occasional slip-ups.

Cheers,
    Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    Now that I have additional assistance from Clark and we spot-check each other, we don't have nearly as many of those occasional slip-ups.
    I might add that we're hardly infallable, though, and we continue to appreciate constructive feedback - you can't get better at anything without seeing what you've done wrong.
    - Clark Valentine

Fate Core - Latest incarnation of the Fate Roleplaying engine
    Fate Accelerated - Fate, but streamlined, trimmed back, and Accelerated!

Piper Ogrebond certainly is correctly listed with the 2H-weapon damage x1.5 multiplier. But he's also listed with +16 / +9 on his full attack - should be +16 / + 11 I'm reckoning.

Another point which wasn't an errata with SOS, but an errata of the core rulebooks, is the changes made to "Righteous Might". It's powers are reduced somewhat, which is important to note with the encounter with Makwur-Sal in the Coral Citadel.
    Last edited by Phantomwhale; 04-27-2006 at 01:30 PM.

This thread seemed to vanish in the D20 errata group, but a quick search found it.

Anyway, the Betrayer is noted as having a +1 init modifier - but with improved initiative feat it should be +5. He also has Greater command as a level 4 spell (should be level 5).
    Last edited by Phantomwhale; 07-18-2006 at 05:29 PM.

tomastan Guest

Default Ogre Expedition

In chapter one, in the encounter table for the desolation, there is an Ogre expedition as an unique encounter. I checked thrice and I didn't find the description for this encounter, but I have found the Ogre leader in the appendix.

Thank you Cam for this adventure. I saw some rule problem, but nothing I should bother you about. The storyline is excellent, and my players are having a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by tomastan
    In chapter one, in the encounter table for the desolation, there is an Ogre expedition as an unique encounter. I checked thrice and I didn't find the description for this encounter, but I have found the Ogre leader in the appendix.

Thank you Cam for this adventure. I saw some rule problem, but nothing I should bother you about. The storyline is excellent, and my players are having a great time.

Pg. 14 has the encounter, left hand side by the bottom. Graak is (as you mentioned) in the appendix and for the other 3 ogre brutes see the monsters manual.