Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sylvan Key

Default The Sylvan Key

I am preparing to begin my campaign with The Sylvan Key adventure in the DLCS, but upon really reading through the adventure I noticed that a few things are missing.

1. Class/Level descriptions for Hogart and Kelwick in text.
    2. Stats blocks for Hogart and Kelwick in NPC section.

I can probably make do without the stat blocks, but at least knowing class/level would be helpful.

On second thought; I can do without either of these, seeing as how I am turning Hogart into a noble and the thugs into his body gaurds, and replacing Kelwick with a DMCC (Dungeon Master Controlled Character), who will be introduced to the party via the same incident.
    Last edited by Kendermage; 07-28-2005 at 05:03 PM.
    “There's always, always a choice. My options might really, truly suck, but that doesn't mean there isn't a choice.”

- Harry Dresden -

I am in the process of writing up Kaithanelas if anyone is interested in stats for the curiously missing elf from the synopsis of Sylvan Key.
    “There's always, always a choice. My options might really, truly suck, but that doesn't mean there isn't a choice.”

- Harry Dresden -

I have some concerns with the scene involving the Herald. This scene takes place in the Wounded Crow, but in KoD the Wounded Crow is described as if the players are seeing it for the first time. Should I describe the Wounded Crow as it is in KoD complete with brief allusions to the owner of the tavern. Or should I keep the scene vague and general without resorting to specialized knowledge?

- Harry Dresden -

Rizzen Guest

In my group the scene involving the Herald took place in front of the Five Dragons, because it is said, that this Inn should be the finest in Pashin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzen
    In my group the scene involving the Herald took place in front of the Five Dragons, because it is said, that this Inn should be the finest in Pashin.
    You see that is what I thought too. But the situation would be same. Should you go ahead and use the description of Five Dragons in Sylvan Key or keep the description generalized? It seems a waste not to use the info as presented in KoD but I don't want to kill the mood for any event that happens there in KoD.

- Harry Dresden -

Quote Originally Posted by Kendermage
    You see that is what I thought too. But the situation would be same. Should you go ahead and use the description of Five Dragons in Sylvan Key or keep the description generalized? It seems a waste not to use the info as presented in KoD but I don't want to kill the mood for any event that happens there in KoD.
    I'd put it somewhere else if you'd like to keep the Wounded Crow as it's described in KoD. The Five Dragons is ideal, yes.

Cheers,
    Cam

is the sylvan key a prelude to key of destiny?
    "I am a Knight of Solamnia. I am the hand of Paladine, of Kiri-Jolith, and of Habbakuk on this world. You are on Krynn. You are mine, Queen of Darkness."
    —Huma Dragonbane, The Legend of Huma

Khisanth Guest

Pretty much yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    I'd put it somewhere else if you'd like to keep the Wounded Crow as it's described in KoD. The Five Dragons is ideal, yes.

Cheers,
    Cam
    The reaon I want to move it to the Five Dragon's is that the PC's are supposed to meet Blackbird for the 1st time in KoD. If they run into him during Sylvan Key, then they won't be as impressed with him the 2nd time they encounter him.

- Harry Dresden -

Just play him up the first time. I think my players were a little taken by surprise by his demeanor. Ended up making a friend with the Minotaur monk in the group.
    The Mind conquers all!!