Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Key of Destiny Errata

You sure Cam? I don't remember seeing her in SK. I do remember the one described in KoD though....
    “There's always, always a choice. My options might really, truly suck, but that doesn't mean there isn't a choice.”

- Harry Dresden -

Quote Originally Posted by Kendermage
    You sure Cam? I don't remember seeing her in SK. I do remember the one described in KoD though....
    Huh. I must have been thinking of an earlier draft.

Yes, her brief stat block should at least be described in KoD.

Cheers,
    Cam

jelmore Guest

Default Incorrect stats for NPCs?

Blackbird's Goons in KoD have too many skill points; they should have 10 skill points total, but to get the scores they have they need 15.

I think whoever came up with them forgot to apply the penalty for having a low Intelligence; it took me a while to figure out that was what caused it. I was entering them into a PC generation program, and I couldn't make the points add up; I dropped the 3 points spent on Swim and lowered Bluff by 2 points (1 rank) to make it work.

As a 5th Level Monk, the Phaeton scout leader should have a Speed of 40 not 30.

Incidentally, I've read through the Sylvan Key adventure, all of the stat blocks in KoD, and am running a PC through Chapter 1 and still have found absolutely no stat information on Klaudia the half-ogre shopkeep; not even a brief notation in the fluff regarding AL or Class Levels. For purposes of my Key of Destiny campaign I built her as a low-level Legion Mystic. I'm assuming that's the right ballpark.
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 07-27-2005 at 09:31 AM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren_Kai-Jere
    Incidentally, I've read through the Sylvan Key adventure, all of the stat blocks in KoD, and am running a PC through Chapter 1 and still have found absolutely no stat information on Klaudia the half-ogre shopkeep; not even a brief notation in the fluff regarding AL or Class Levels. For purposes of my Key of Destiny campaign I built her as a low-level Legion Mystic. I'm assuming that's the right ballpark.
    In the stat block for Pashin (the town), she's listed under important characters. It's helpful to have this information repeated later on in the main text, but then again that's why we have the town stat block.

Klaudia is a N female half-ogre mystic 3.

Cheers,
    Cam

Thanks Cam!
    Head Moderator &

These are some very minor boo-boos I came across while reading Key of Destiny. For everyone's general sanity, I thought I'd point them out. Well, mostly my sanity. I used to be a proofreader - old habits die hard.

The first one's kind of a funny one because when I saw it I said, "Holy crap! That gully dwarf''s a badass!" On p. 125, in the City Hall description of Kendermore, High Grup II is listed as having 172 hit points. This number is in fact the page number where his correct stats can be found. He should be listed as having 11 hp.

The second one is a pair of mistakes at the end of the Slavers encounter description on p. 125. Instead of listing the ogre slavelord's hit points and the page number where his complete stat block can be found the line simple reads: "Karak: ; see page XXX." The line should read "Karak: hp 57; see page 173."

That's all!
    Head Moderator &

Near the end of the module it started to get sloppy. Page numbers were replaced with XXX in a couple places. I am not going to complain though it is an awesome yet very mean module. Whoever decided to put this many teaps in one book is a sadist.
    "I am a Knight of Solamnia. I am the hand of Paladine, of Kiri-Jolith, and of Habbakuk on this world. You are on Krynn. You are mine, Queen of Darkness."
    —Huma Dragonbane, The Legend of Huma

I see Sir Aldreth Auchuran and a sivak hunter in the appendix, but I don't recall seeing them in the module anywhere. Where are they supposed to be, or did I just miss it?
    Friendly Nexus Rules Editor

Send me some rules so I can edit and post them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinrox
    I see Sir Aldreth Auchuran and a sivak hunter in the appendix, but I don't recall seeing them in the module anywhere. Where are they supposed to be, or did I just miss it?
    Port Balifor. Aldreth's a clandestine Solamnic knight, the sivak hunter's an opponent. The errata mentions these additional encounters.

Cheers,
    Cam