Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Key of Destiny Errata

Default Key of Destiny Errata

I was reading KoD in preparation for my upcoming campaign, and I noticed the absence of an NPC capsule for Shaylin Moonborn. Did I miss it? I looked multiple times but did not find it.
    “There's always, always a choice. My options might really, truly suck, but that doesn't mean there isn't a choice.”

- Harry Dresden -

Quote Originally Posted by Kendermage
    I was reading KoD in preparation for my upcoming campaign, and I noticed the absence of an NPC capsule for Shaylin Moonborn. Did I miss it? I looked multiple times but did not find it.
    Nope, there isn't one in there for her. Like many NPCs, she just gets a brief stat block line (CG female Silvanesti elf wizard 6/Wizard of High Sorcery (White) 4), since it's not assumed you're going to fight her.

Cheers,
    Cam

I don't necessarily want my PC's to fight her, but having stats for her would make it easier to add the new template (the one I designed for the Monster Contest) to her. As it is, I guess I will just have to come up with the stats myself. On a side note, if I come up with stats for her, is it permissible to submit them to the fan rules section?
    “There's always, always a choice. My options might really, truly suck, but that doesn't mean there isn't a choice.”

- Harry Dresden -

I don't necessarily want my PC's to fight her, but having stats for her would make it easier to add the new template (the one I designed for the Monster Contest) to her. As it is, I guess I will just have to come up with the stats myself. On a side note, if I come up with stats for her, is it permissible to submit them to the fan rules section?
    Sure, but if she ever shows up again in a published product they might be different.

Cheers,
    Cam

I'll take the risk. I just wanted to make sure it was okay, as I didn't want to step on anyone's copyright, I mean toes....

- Harry Dresden -

I'll take the risk. I just wanted to make sure it was okay, as I didn't want to step on anyone's copyright, I mean toes....
    Well, you can always submit it. Whether it makes it on there or not is up to Trampas and Matt, really (based on their understanding of copyright).

I had Shaylin horribly killed by an arrow fired by a Lily Knight archer and wiped all of the Pashin elves out in a massive assault led by Dogah in my campaign, so it wasn't an issue for me.

Cheers,
    Cam

Extrapolation on a copyrighted idea is generally OK for non-commercial uses, right? I'm pretty fuzzy on my copyright law.
    - Clark Valentine

Fate Core - Latest incarnation of the Fate Roleplaying engine
    Fate Accelerated - Fate, but streamlined, trimmed back, and Accelerated!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    Well, you can always submit it. Whether it makes it on there or not is up to Trampas and Matt, really (based on their understanding of copyright).

I had Shaylin horribly killed by an arrow fired by a Lily Knight archer and wiped all of the Pashin elves out in a massive assault led by Dogah in my campaign, so it wasn't an issue for me.

Cheers,
    Cam
    I haven't started KoD yet, but I just thought it'd be interesting to use Shaylin Moonborn as a Shirak Moonborn Silvanesti, thus giving her name added meaning, Plus it's a nice bit of irony to know that one of her greatest natural abilities, Daylight at will, is somewhat useless, due to the sunblight disease.

- Harry Dresden -

While we're on the subject of missing Key of Destiny stat blocks I couldn't find any kind of stats (even abbreviated ones) on the half-ogre woman who runs the Oddity Shop in Pashin; alignment, classes, nuthin.

Am I just blind?
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren_Kai-Jere
    While we're on the subject of missing Key of Destiny stat blocks I couldn't find any kind of stats (even abbreviated ones) on the half-ogre woman who runs the Oddity Shop in Pashin; alignment, classes, nuthin.

Am I just blind?
    She's in the Sylvan Key adventure, in the DLCS.

Cheers,
    Cam