This is it, guys! The contest that YOU demanded!
Think you've got the ultimate Dragonlance monster? Want to flex your creative muscles? Then let's see what monstrous creations you can come up with.
Here's the rules...
1. Entry must be a monster or template using the D&D 3.5 rules. A template must include a sample creature created with the template.
2. The only rules allowed are those from the core 3.5 books: PHB, MM, DMG, as well as the DLCS and Sovereign Press Dragonlance products. No additional WOTC books allowed: nothing from Complete Warrior, or Draconomicon, or any other non-corebook.
3. Monster must be an original entry, not one published before in novels or game products.
4. Monster must be a Dragonlance monster. A half-orc/half drow psionic lycanthrope would not be allowed.
5. Only members of the DragonlanceForums.com message boards may enter. All entries will be posted on the Nexus when the contest is over.
6. All entries must be e-mailed to Dragonhelm with the words “Monster Contest” in the subject line. PM’d entries or those posted on the boards will not be accepted. Please include your e-mail address, real name, and any pen name you wish to use for the Nexus (if different).
7. You may enter as many times as you like, though there will only be one winner.
8. Due date is July 10. No entries will be accepted for consideration in the contest after that point, though they will be posted on the Nexus.
9. Employees of Sovereign Press, members of the Whitestone Council, authors, moderators, and their respective families may not enter.
10. Have fun!
Judging - Judging will be conducted by the Whitestone Council, and will be based on originality, creativity, and rules savvy.
The Booty - The winner gets a custom board user title of his or her choice!
So there you have it! I'll keep this thread open for questions and to discuss the contest.
Good luck to everyone!