Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dragonlance Campaign Setting Errata

Random Action existed back in 3.o D&D. When the DLCS was being made it was using a early edition update form of 3.5 so not all of the changes had been implemented in it so there are some throwback terms to 3.0 that can be found.

Random Action was renamed Lesser Confusion come 3.5 edition.
    Pondering the Mysteries of Dragonlance
    Member of the Whitestone Council

Check out the Dragonlance Forum Chat. Right there next to Quick Link and Log Out on the top tool bar. See who's chatting too.

-SZ

Default Kapak and Baaz Dragon Trait

I checked the .pdf DLCS errata and the following items were not mentioned. This probably has already been discussed, but I could not find it through the Search.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DLCS, Page 34, Column 2, Paragraph 7 (Under Baaz Racial Traits)

Dragon: Baaz are creatures of the dragon type.
    They are immuneto sleep and paralysis effects.
    Baaz have darkvision (60-foot range) and low-light vision.

DLCS, Page 36, Column 2, Paragraph 9 (Under Kapak Racial Traits)

Dragon: Kapaks are creatures of the dragon type.
    They are immuneto sleep and paralysis effects.
    Baaz have darkvision (60-foot range) and low-light vision.

DLCS, Page 215, Column 2, Paragraph 2 & 3

All draconians share the following traits:

Dragon Traits (Ex): Immune to sleep and paralysis effects, darkvision 120 ft., low-light vision, blindsense 60 ft., scent 60 ft.

The darkvision distances do not match and blindsense and scent are not even mentioned.

Also I noticed the following:

DLCS, Page 36, Column 1, Paragraph 3 (Under Kapak Natural Attack)

There is no reference to claw attacks. All other draconians (in the DLCS) have the option of claw attacks.

DLCS, Page 219, Column 1, Paragraph 10 & 11 (Under Kapak Draconian Attack and Full Attack)

There is no reference to claw attacks. All other draconians (in the DLCS) have the option of claw attacks.

Has there been any clarification on these discrepancies?
    Then the horror burst from the well--the horror of his fevered nightmares. Riverwind closed his eyes and saw no more.
    It was a dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by maladaar
    The darkvision distances do not match and blindsense and scent are not even mentioned.
    This is in error. Draconians don't have darkvision 120 ft and blindsense; they aren't true dragons. They only have darkvision 60 ft.

Kapaks don't have claw attacks. This has been true for all editions of the game, believe it or not.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

I thought that darkvision 120 ft, blindsense, and scent was kind of much for draconians as PCs (and NPCs for that matter).

Funny that I never noticed that the kapak did not have claw attack through all of the editions. What is the reasoning behind that I am wondering.
    Then the horror burst from the well--the horror of his fevered nightmares. Riverwind closed his eyes and saw no more.
    It was a dragon.

Funny that I never noticed that the kapak did not have claw attack through all of the editions. What is the reasoning behind that I am wondering.
    They are very fusy about their manicures.
    "A payment. My life will simply be a payment. But only when all are free... My fault."
    - The Prophet, as recorded from testimony in FyxZharar, 431 AD

All must prepare. The Prophet has entered the war.

Projects (Dragonlance, and Non-DL):
    "The Dying Towers of Ryst: An Achanian Tale"
    "Chef Nightly" (iOS/Android)
    The Adlatum Project - Sourcebook Available
    Art of Psycha Durmont

Quote Originally Posted by Carteeg_Struve
    They are very fusy about their manicures.
    While the above has suddenly become my favourite explanation, another theory would be that they just have more, say, humanish hands...

/N

I don't know...in the drawings in the DLCS the hands/claws of the Kapak do appear more human-like to me than the Baaz hands/claws.
    It was a dragon.

Josh Inno Guest

I don't know...in the drawings in the DLCS the hands/claws of the Kapak do appear more human-like to me than the Baaz hands/claws.
    Well each of the different sub-races are different.

And I don't have my book in front of me, but draconians aren't listed as dragons, but rather dragon-kin, aren't they? I mean psudo-dragons, leonines, and dragon-turtles don't have all of the dragon abilities by default either, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Inno
    And I don't have my book in front of me, but draconians aren't listed as dragons, but rather dragon-kin, aren't they? I mean psudo-dragons, leonines, and dragon-turtles don't have all of the dragon abilities by default either, do they?
    Draconians are of the Dragon type, but they don't have the abilities of the True Dragon grouping of the Dragon type.
    Pondering the Mysteries of Dragonlance
    Member of the Whitestone Council

Check out the Dragonlance Forum Chat. Right there next to Quick Link and Log Out on the top tool bar. See who's chatting too.

-SZ

Josh Inno Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sephzero
    Draconians are of the Dragon type, but they don't have the abilities of the True Dragon grouping of the Dragon type.
    Ah. So unlike most dragons they don't have the 'dragon traits' entry under special qualities?