Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dragonlance Campaign Setting Errata

Quote Originally Posted by QuentinGeorge
    The Majere family tree posted on the Wizards site has Ulin born 2 SC, and Linsha born 4 SC.

The Age of Mortals book has Ulin's birthyear in the timeline (2 SC).

The early 5th Age material also implies these birthdates (ie the Spirit of the Wind novel has the heroes returning to Solace where Caramon is doting on his newly born grandson).

Unfortunately, the DLCS seems to be perpetuating an error - in the Linsha trilogy, Linsha remarks that she is "thirty-six", which is Ulin's age, not hers.

But there are far more sources that say Ulin is the eldest, and Linsha is two years younger.

As for my other point: Justarius dies in the assault on the Gray Robes.

The Second Generation story "The Legacy" is set 382 AC. Justarius is alive here.

The story "The Sacrifice" is set in the same year, and Jenna remarks that "Dalamar will take over as Head of the Conclave when my father retires", which she wouldn't say if he was already dead.

Anyway, here's a link to a copy of the majere family tree.
    I conceed on the Ulin is older than Linsha remark. Although it seems to me that Linsha should be older than Ulin...the older products do say that.

I also did some research this weekend, and I disagree with your other comment. Palin was born in 361 (according to TotL) and in "The Legacy" Caramon muses that his son Palin has "just recently turned twenty." Also, Caramon states that it has been 25 years since he has been back to the Tower of Wayreth. His last trip was in 356 according to all Timelines.

So, I think that 381 can stand as the year that the Conclave goes after the Grey Robes.

Thanks for the info Quintin! And I found the revised stats for Beryl this weekend, so I've sent v2.0 off to the Nexus.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

"And the words that you fear,
    Will always be, the words you hear." - Collective Soul, "How Do You Love"

QuentinGeorge Guest

Well, the 381 date could work, but then both "The Legacy" and "The Sacrifice" would have to be set before hand, meaning Gilthas becomes King of Qualinesti in 381 AC.

The "Wanna Bet" short story can stay, I think...

Unfortunately, Age of Mortals SB says Palin is born in 362 AC, so either his birth date or the Justarius' death date is wrong.

Unfortunately, Age of Mortals SB says Palin is born in 362 AC, so either his birth date or the Justarius' death date is wrong.
    Oops...looks like there's a new addition to the AoM errata.

AoM and DLCS both seem to have problems with birthdates. Palin is a year late and Silvanoshei is a year late as well.

Normally, I'd say that it would have been easier for them to make the attack on Storms Keep 382 in the first place, but every Timeline I looked up said 381...and since technically both "The Legacy" and "The Sacrifice" can happen earlier in the year (and since they seem to be Spring or Summer...that criteria is met) and attacking the Grey Robes can happen at the end of the year, I decided to leave that one alone and stick with what has previously been said.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

QuentinGeorge Guest

Well, if you want to leave that entry at 381, then "382: Elven Succession*" has to be moved to BEFORE that date.

I still reckon it would be easier to move the other one forward...

*Because, as I said earlier, Justarius is still alive when "The Sacrifice" short story takes place.

Additional: I'd be a little adverse to going solely on the birthdates provided on the character cards in the TotL boxed set. If you look at the "family" section on Palin's card, it omits his real sisters Dezra and Laura, and adds a whole lot of siblings (Leaf, Kalin Dezerell, etcetera) who are not mentioned anywhere else.

Last edited by QuentinGeorge; 09-14-2004 at 05:14 AM.

Well, if you want to leave that entry at 381, then "382: Elven Succession*" has to be moved to BEFORE that date.
    Son of a....

Crap, I didn't realize when you were talking about it earlier that there was an entry for "Elven Succession." Damnit.

Looks like there will be a v2.1 now...

I don't know, what do you suggest? Given this new info...I'm more inclined to change the "Elven Succession" date...but I think I'd rather check out what the SAGA timeline said first (see if this "Elven Succession" entry is new to the DLCS or reproduced for it...if it is not new, I think it'd be better to change the "Storm the Keep" date like you first suggested) Any thoughts?
    Additional: I'd be a little adverse to going solely on the birthdates provided on the character cards in the TotL boxed set. If you look at the "family" section on Palin's card, it omits his real sisters Dezra and Laura, and adds a whole lot of siblings (Leaf, Kalin Dezerell, etcetera) who are not mentioned anywhere else.
    Well...the 381 is the date for "The Legacy" by more than one count (Palin is 20 and was born in 361...and it has been 25 years since Caramon had been back to the Tower, which last happened in 356).

I never take anything in TotL at face value.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

QuentinGeorge Guest

Well, the era started with the timeline in the 5th Age boxed set, as the DLCS basically relied on this for its post War of Lance, pre War of Souls portion of the timeline.

The text is basically the same...

Basically, no matter the years they are set in, it should go in this order:

Palin's Test
    Gilthas becomes King (Palin is mentioned as passing his test)
    Wizards assault Storm's Keep

Because Age of Mortals puts Palin's birth at 362, I'm inclined to move the Storm Keep entry...

In fact, I remember a really old dragon magazine article that had a chronological listing that had them set at 382 AC,

However, the Dragonlance Nexus chronological listing has them set at 381 AC - see here: http://www.dl3e.com/products/chronological.aspx

I suppose either way would work. It depends on if you want one or two years between Palin's test and the Summer of Chaos and one or two years between Gilthas being made Speaker and the Summer of Chaos.
    Last edited by QuentinGeorge; 09-14-2004 at 04:11 PM.

Wolffenjugend Guest

Kiri-Jolith's favoured weapon is listed as a longsword in DLCS but broadsword in AoM. Which is correct? (Note: Paladine's favoured weapon is the longsword).

PAg 214, Death Knight's challenge rating:
    Up to 8HD -> +3
    9 to 16 ------> +4
    17+-----------> +5

Lord Ausric stats:
    Fighter 5
    Knight of the Lily 7
    Total hit dice: 12
    CR: Should be 16 (12+4 as per previous table), but 17 is stated
    Unlive long, and prosper

Default Sivak

I may be wrong here, but as a large sized creature wouldn't the Sivak's Greatsword do more damage than 2d6 (normal sized greatsword)? I noticed this problem because Lightning Dracs in the BoK have 3d6 greatswords.

p. 103
    1st spell from Passion Domain reads "random action"

This is neither a spell from the PHB nor from the DLCS. In fact, I've never heard of this spell before. Or does a "random action" spell exist?

Regards,
    Murmel

PS: Thank you, Sephzero!
    Last edited by Murmel Beutelleer; 02-07-2006 at 10:18 AM.