Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonlance Campaign Setting Errata

Wolffenjugend Guest

Default Dragonlance Campaign Setting Errata

The draconian skill points are a little wonky. Specifically, Sivaks are 6 points short from what they should have and have no favoured class listed (fighter?). Bozaks also don't add up, being 4 points over. However, it looks to me like some racial bonuses were left out; perhaps +2 racial to both Spellcraft and Knowledge - arcana ?

edgelett Guest

Default Gnomes

Under all the races (dwarves, elves etc) it says "Elves in DLCS have all the same charactistics as those in the PHB with the following exceptions:" then lists extra bonuses etc they get.

With Gnomes, it mentions nothing about darkvision, but it DOES when you look up "Tinker/Mad" Gnomes.....are regular Gnomes meant to have Darkvision too??

(PS I don't have my DLCS with me cause I;m at work at the moment so sorry if I've missquoted anything)

QuentinGeorge Guest

Default Linsha errata

DLCS, pg 165, Linsha's description says:

Linsha Majere is the oldest child of Usha and Palin Majere.

it should read

Linsha Majere is the youngest child of Usha and Palin Majere.

(Ulin was born in 2 SC, Linsha in 4 SC)

QuentinGeorge Guest

Default Timeline Errata

DLCS, pg. 206

381 - Mages Storm the Keep.

should be

382 - Mages Storm the Keep.

Reasoning: Justarius is still alive when Palin takes his test. Palin's test is in 382 Ac. (Palin is 20). Also, Justarius is still alive when Gilthas becomes Speaker in Qualinesti.

The 2nd Generation stories are my source here.

Well...if we're actually going to do one here (I'm not sure what good it will do, though, since it's a WotC product...and they apparently have no desire to make an errata for it) then I'll just add this:

http://www.dl3e.com/fan/rules/12016.aspx

Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

"And the words that you fear,
    Will always be, the words you hear." - Collective Soul, "How Do You Love"

QuentinGeorge Guest

Maybe we should update the unoffiical errata then?

Quote Originally Posted by QuentinGeorge
    Maybe we should update the unoffiical errata then?
    Actually...v2.0 will be out as soon as I can find what I did with those damned Beryl 3.5e updated stats. That's all that is missing from it to complete it. I've taken everyone's comments over the last year and entered them into the new version. Hopefully I'll have that on the Nexus soon.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

QuentinGeorge Guest

Have you got those minor points I posted above?

Not yet, because I want to double check them both...but they're in the cache.

It's not that I don't believe you, but since it's got my name on it, I prefer to have every entry double checked by me as well.

I'm curious though...where did you get your info on which child is older and which is younger? I'm not sure I've ever seen explicitly. (or if I have, I've forgotten where) That'd help a lot.

Thanks!
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

QuentinGeorge Guest

The Majere family tree posted on the Wizards site has Ulin born 2 SC, and Linsha born 4 SC.

The Age of Mortals book has Ulin's birthyear in the timeline (2 SC).

The early 5th Age material also implies these birthdates (ie the Spirit of the Wind novel has the heroes returning to Solace where Caramon is doting on his newly born grandson).

Unfortunately, the DLCS seems to be perpetuating an error - in the Linsha trilogy, Linsha remarks that she is "thirty-six", which is Ulin's age, not hers.

But there are far more sources that say Ulin is the eldest, and Linsha is two years younger.

As for my other point: Justarius dies in the assault on the Gray Robes.

The Second Generation story "The Legacy" is set 382 AC. Justarius is alive here.

The story "The Sacrifice" is set in the same year, and Jenna remarks that "Dalamar will take over as Head of the Conclave when my father retires", which she wouldn't say if he was already dead.

Anyway, here's a link to a copy of the majere family tree.
    Last edited by QuentinGeorge; 09-10-2004 at 08:18 PM.