Page 377 of 379 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379 LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 3781

Thread: DL Book Currently Reading?

I WAS READING GREEN DRAGON CODE BOOK AND NOW I AM READING BRASS DRAGON CODEX BOOK
    merlin the wise green dragon master wizard

I just got the two first volumes of the Icewall trilogy.

I'm considering buying the Stonetellers trilogy next - can anybody recommend this series?

I finished Protecting Palanthas and I thought it was a strong, solid book. It was your basic two enemies are forced to work together to achieve a goal. I liked the journey to retrieve the object but the journey of Galdar and Gunthar's relationship was the highlight. Also, I am a sucker for a story with the inclusion of a kender as a character. The nod to Chemosh and his followers trying to recruit was a nice touch. This book entertained me throughout. It was probably the best one of this series.

I am continuing "Elven Exiles" and starting Alliances.

Just finished the Elven Exiles series. There were a lot of plot holes and rushed endings but I found myself really absorbed in it. Couple of questions:

Where is the Valley of Silence exactly?

Who was the god that intervened and then was cast out for 500 years?
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Much appreciated, thanks!
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Continuing the dwarven history theme with a reread of The Last Thane by Douglas Niles.

It's interesting going from books about the early years of Thorbardin to the time of the Chaos War and the horrible devastation that it had on the dwarven kingdom. I miss the unity of the clans but I also understand the desire to see the blood feuds and clan rivalries. Being a big fan of dark dwarves, mainly because of Parkinson's books with more progressive characters like Slide Tolec and Vog Ironface, I'm a little disappointed with the stereotypical Quicksprings and Bellowsmokes. But again, I understand their place in dwarven history and, besides, they make excellent villians!
    Those who would repeat the past must control the teaching of history.
    -Bene Gesserit Coda, Chapterhouse: Dune

I went with Lord Of the Rose instead. I have enjoyed Douglas Niles' entries in this world but this one didn't do it for me. I liked the idea of a goblin army amassing and attacking the knight's homeland and I loved how DN described the battles. My problem was how did we get here with the knights and their three orders arguing with each other that inhibits their ability to defend. I always thought there was friendly rivalry between the Rose, Sword, and the Crown but this was a total different state of affairs. Also, I did not care for the main character or any of the other characters. I had no connection with anyone.

I haven't decided on my next book yet. I am leaning towards Blades of the Tiger as I am getting to the end of this journey. I might try to save the worthy "Elven Exiles" trilogy for when I have a dry spell.

I went with Alliances. I enjoyed the first book and I could not stay away. I thought this book was a step down but still enjoyable. I liked the contrast in dealing with the loss of the homeland. You have Gilthas trying to lead his people to a new land and you have the Lioness waging battles to take back their land. This was more of a character book and setting up the places of the characters for the third book. The highlight of the book was the Scarecrow and his dealings with his wife. I was never a fan of his but these interactions gave me the "feels". I loved the concept of the elves being so concerned with their appearance and when they are maimed they are considered an outcast. This is an interesting insight to elves and this whole book was an insight to characters.

My next book will be ​The Crown and the Sword.