Page 376 of 378 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378 LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 3779

Thread: DL Book Currently Reading?

Quote Originally Posted by elder View Post
    Where in the Plains of Dust is Qindaras, as mentioned in the Seventh Sentinel? I cant find it on any map that I have access to.
    Basically in the middle.

It is located where all of the rivers join together to form the Torath River.

Re-reading The Gates of Thorbardin by Dan Parkinson. It's probably been 20+ years since I first read this book and you know what? It stands the test of time (or at least an aging reader, from a teenager to a nearly 40 year old adult ) remarkably well! Anything dwarven related, especially Parkinson's writing, is always a treat and this is no exception. I think I'll have to find my Dwarves Nations books for my next read.
    Those who would repeat the past must control the teaching of history.
    -Bene Gesserit Coda, Chapterhouse: Dune

I finished A Hero's Justice and I was a little disappointed with it. I loved the first two books as Paul Thompson painted a fantastic picture of the Ergoth Empire. To me, it had a little vibe of ancient Rome. The strength of this series was the characters and I did not get that with the final book. Instead we got battle after battle after battle with hardly any character development. The only real development was from two minor characters. The biggest letdown was the ending. I am not a fan of this twist of an ending. It fit perfectly with the character Tol but it is a letdown.

I am starting The Great White Wyrm.

I finished The Great White Wyrm and I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I thought it was going to be about the white dragons which I feel like they have been neglected throughout. When I learned it was this universe's Moby Dick I wasn't thrilled. I tried Moby Dick and it is one of a handful of novels that I gave up on. That being said, this book was pretty good and I thought the author did a good job with the obsession aspect. The only flaw I can think of is that the characters did get lucky with some breaks that allowed them to continue their quest. These breaks were not overbearing to the point where I was shaking my head at them. I really enjoyed this book and it almost tempted me to try Moby Dick again.

I am starting Sanctuary and I am looking forward to this one as I am a fan of the Lioness.

Currently reading Trail of the Black Wyrm, book two of the Taladas Trilogy!

Poor Taladas! Chris Pierson is just beating the snot out of it.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

That made me smile.
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse

"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

I finished Sanctuary. Terrific start to this trilogy. I can see why it is highly recommended. I enjoyed the characters, the themes of the novel, and the action. I have been a fan of the Lioness so it was nice to read more about her. But in this book Gilthas was my favorite. He sure has come a long way with his character growth. Loved the theme with the elves being refugees and trying to find a home. We see this today in our world and I love when fantasy mimics the real world. I really enjoyed this book and I am hoping the whole trilogy is like this one. I am looking forward to the rest of it.

That being said, I am starting Protecting Palanthas and finishing that series.

Yeah, Gilthas emerges as DL’s most sympathetic character of all time, IMO.

I'm about 130 pages into Sanctuary, what is the proper name for the sand beast that is hunting the elves and is it in the beastiary?
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

I've been rereading what is one of my favorite trilogies of the DL series, Dan Parkinson's Dwarven Nations. I went a bit out of order and started with The Swordsheath Scroll then went back to read The Covenant of the Forge and am now finishing up with Hammer and Axe. From the Last Balladine of Thorin to the rise of Derkin Lawgiver, I love every detail of these books. Parkinson's work breathed so much life into the already intriguing world of the fractious dwarven clans of Thorbardin.
    Those who would repeat the past must control the teaching of history.
    -Bene Gesserit Coda, Chapterhouse: Dune