Page 278 of 379 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3783

Thread: DL Book Currently Reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalamar_the_Dark View Post
    The Seventh Sentinel. Mary is quickly becoming one of my fav secondary DL authors. One thing has been nagging me though.

A meeting happens between a ruler of a city and dwarves from the kingdom of Thorbardin. But the Defenders trilogy is supposed to take place before the war of the lance. During that time the kingdom of Thorbardin was closed off to the world, and not reopened until Dragons of the Dwarven Depths.

Right?
    I quite enjoyed Mary's DoM trilogy as well. After I finished the trilogy, I wanted to read her other DL novel, Black Wing but never had a chance to read it. Have you read Black Wing? How does it compare with DoM?

Right now: Shadow of the Flame by Chris Pierson, 3rd book of the Taladas trilogy. And with a little bit of luck this week the 3rd and last book of Jean Rabes Goblin Nation. I already ordered it via Amazon Germany but there is always a few days delay between the US publishing date and the german date (takes a few days to deliver the books to Europe but thanks to the strong Euro the books are cheaper than ever).
    Avatar is a photo of me during a live action role playing week as an undead npc

Frozen wasteland of the Northern realm (aka Minnesota)

The Dragons - starts out interesting
    UP THE IRONS!!!

They're just lookin' out for number one
    And number one ain't you
    You ain't even number two....
    - Frank Zappa

Tower of High Sorcery, Palanthas (Arizona)

Quote Originally Posted by dlfan View Post
    I quite enjoyed Mary's DoM trilogy as well. After I finished the trilogy, I wanted to read her other DL novel, Black Wing but never had a chance to read it. Have you read Black Wing? How does it compare with DoM?
    I finished the DoM, and Im not thrilled with how she ended the series but her writing style is still one of my favorites now. Im currently on hiatus from DL to read Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. When I return I will read Black Wing and let you know.

Inara-- Mal you don't have to die alone!!
    Mal-- Everybody dies alone.

Finished the Search for Power this morning. Liked it but some of the stories were just okay. Wondering what to read next. Want to do the Champions series because the Search for Power had an opening for Alien Sea in it but don't I have to read Rise of Solomnia before Protecting Palanthas?

Hmmm...I'll probably read upto the great white wyrm then Rise then PP.
    Falindrithan Brightmoon
    Silvanesti Elf, Diviner 5/Wizard of High Sorcery: White 8/Loremaster 3/Archmage 2

Currently reading: the Black Talon

Quote Originally Posted by Burren View Post
    On a side note, the editing of the paperback version leaves quite a bit to be desired. Spelling and grammatical errors abound throughout the novel, to the point where it almost takes away from the joy of reading.
    I'm very pleased to say that I'm half way through DotHS and I haven't seen any of the issues that I noted above about DotDD ("Est Sularas est Mithos" was truly tragic)! Highlord Skies is shaping up to be one of my favorite books of the DL series. From Brian Donner's quest for faith to the misunderstood musings of the dark elf, Feal-Thas. I'm also enjoying the internal struggle with Kit, battling an elf maiden she has not yet met. Like Winter Night, HS promises to be a tragic story, one where we already know the ending but now we get all the details we once wondered about.
    Those who would repeat the past must control the teaching of history.
    -Bene Gesserit Coda, Chapterhouse: Dune

Quote Originally Posted by raymo13 View Post
    Finished the Search for Power this morning. Liked it but some of the stories were just okay. Wondering what to read next. Want to do the Champions series because the Search for Power had an opening for Alien Sea in it but don't I have to read Rise of Solomnia before Protecting Palanthas?

Hmmm...I'll probably read upto the great white wyrm then Rise then PP.
    Alien Sea was okay, though the descriptions were very long-winded up to the point where I had to fight my self to not put the book down.

PP has nothing at all to do with RoS except for a brief cameo of Jaymes Markham (sp?).

Just finished the Great White Wyrm. Be prepared to see the characters burning some draconian corpses
    'Were you proposing to shoot these people in cold blood, sergeant?'
    'Nossir. Just a warning shot inna head, sir.'
    - Commander Vimes and Sergeant Detritus, Jingo, p. 127

The tower of high Sorcery in Chicago(aka sears tower)

Cool At last,

Reading Dragons of Hourglass Mage.
    "how did that get into my pouch? you must have dropped it."

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/enelson3?ref=name

Reading The Dawning of a New Age
    Goodbye 4 Now,
    Baloden (Terry)

http://www.facebook.com/Baloden
    http://www.twitter.com/Baloden

"If I don't see you later, Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Good Night to all."
    -Jim Carrey

Saving Palanthas Champions series. have already read about 80% of the DL novels a little obsessive i know! Am very excited about the ogre titans trilogy but just waiting for the 3rd one to be released before starting