Page 378 of 378 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378
Results 3,771 to 3,779 of 3779

Thread: DL Book Currently Reading?

I finished The Crown and the Sword and I liked it better than the first book. Once again the battle scenes are top notch. Douglas Niles can write battle scenes as he deftly describes the ebb and flow of them. I liked this one better because I could get behind some of the secondary characters. Moptop has grown on me and I especially enjoyed the strong female character Brianna. That being said, the main character James is still a jerk. How are we suppose to even connect with him when he basically
      Spoiler: James & Selinda 
    roofies her
    I find nothing redeeming about him at all and he is one "hero" that I am hoping that dies.

I am definitely going with Blades Of The Tiger​ now.
    Last edited by Clever_name_here; 11-19-2016 at 06:03 PM.

I finished Blades of the Tiger. Chris Pierson has done it again and produced an excellent book. I wasn't sure about being on a different continent but I was immediately swayed to the idea. CP does a great job with bringing over traits from Ansalon but differentiates enough that the reader can tell we are in a different land. It was a little slow to start but I attribute that with the new setting and getting it all into place. When the three stories intersected my enjoyment of this book took off. I loved all the characters and I enjoyed all three stories but I thought CP did an amazing job intersecting them. I like how that there is a conclusion to this book but enough loose threads for the upcoming books of this trilogy. And I am looking forward to them.

That being said I am finishing "The Rise Of Solamnia" trilogy and going with The Measure and the Truth.

Done with the Taladas Trilogy. It seems only fitting that I start the Kingpriest Trilogy.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Default Threads - Candlekeep to Krynn

Hey there!

Nice work! I'm sorting through your reviews here as I was on the Candlekeep Forums.

Did you ever finish all the DL novels?

TH

Default Meetings

Gonna start with the Meetings books first this time and see how that works.

I have just finished Galen Beknighted. I've owned the book for years but never quite got around to reading it, mostly because while I enjoyed Weasel's Luck I found it hard to get into.

Anyway I'm glad I did. Galen Beknighted messes around with narrators even more than Weasel's Luck but once I got over the disorientation it was a fun read, combining a lot of humour and excitement and even a few streaks of genuine pathos. I wasn't sold on the chapter heading illustrations though - for some reason the illustrator seemed convinced Danelle di Caela, a young Solamnic noblewoman described as wearing a hooded cloak and light chainmail was really a Plainswoman complete with braided hair, feathered headband and wearing buckskin clothing. Weird.

I've pretty much have read nothing but comic books the past two years. I caught the bug and haven't slowed down.

I recently learned that DC comics did a dragonlance series way back when. IDW has reprinted this series in three big trade paperbacks called Dragonlance Classics. I read first four issues last night. I really enjoyed it. I love the art from this era so that does a lot for me. The first four issues take place just before Dragons of Auntimn twilight. The story doesn't get every detail correct with the setting but you have to look past that. It does a good job capturing the feel of Dragonlance and the world.

I cant wait to read the rest of this book and I'll keep my eye out for a good deal on the other two volumes.
    "And me being strictly neutral I bashed everyone in sight!"

Finished Reign of Istar, now reading the Cataclysm

And now onto the Kagonesti.