Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragonlance DM Screen Errata

Quote Originally Posted by TaftButtonwillow
    In the section on goblinoids (under monsters) it mentions a "Cave Lord" template that was to appear in the Bestiary of Krynn. Also in Celestial Outsiders a "Divine Messenger" is mentioned (but no source). Have these creatures been lost on the editing floor?
    The divine messenger may end up in Holy Orders of the Stars. The cave lord... no idea at this point. Butyes, this happens fairly often when you're editing!

Cheers,
    Cam

Question

Any more errata anybody has noticed?

Kind regards

from three years ago? probably not, at this point.
    Other people chronicle the setting. I chronicle the culture.
    --
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. " -Benford's Law of Controversy
    ---
    The ultimate DL fan is a bodhisattva-one who has transcended fandom and collection sizes, and yet stays in fandom to help the love of others grow.

Quote Originally Posted by talinthas
    from three years ago? probably not, at this point.
    Well, nobody finished addressing TaftButtonwillow's question.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    The divine messenger may end up in Holy Orders of the Stars. The cave lord... no idea at this point. Butyes, this happens fairly often when you're editing!
    Divine Messenger is in Holy Orders of the Stars - pages 151-152. There are three Divine Messengers:
    • The White Stag of Paladine,
    • The Grey Owl of Gilean and
    • The Black Wolf of Takhisis

I'm not sure about Bestiary of Krynn, but there is a Goblin Cave Lord on pages 60-61 of Bestiary of Krynn: Revised. I don't buy DM's screens, so I'm not sure if it is the same creature.
    David "Big Mac" Shepheard
    Visit my Yahoo links for: Dragonlance websites, Taladas websites and Dragonlance web enhancements
    (If I am not here, you can find me at the Dragonlance forum at The Piazza or the Taladas and Otherlands forum at The Piazza.)

Yeah, that's the same cave lord. It's just called a cave lord, though, not a goblin cave lord.

And there's a divine messenger for all the gods, it's just that we included those three as examples in Holy Orders.

Which reminds me, all of that section of the DM's Screen booklet was originally cut from the Bestiary, and then we added it back in for the Revised edition.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Somehow I am under the impression, that there is something worng with the statistics of the three knights of solamnia. They have too many feats, don't they? And why is the turning damage 2W6+5? Shouldn't it be 2W6+4?

Kind regards

"Full and New moon Icons and names can stay put, but the six apex icons on the left and right of the chart need to be swapped straight across...as do the names (Waning should be on the right, Waxing should be on the left)."

I'm not sure. But isn't that because of the southern hemisphere and therefore physically correct?
    Or is this really a mistake?

- Murmel

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sallis the Silver Blaze
    I was talking removing a level of the PrC and replacing it with a fighter level. But yeah, just adding a fighter level is easier.
    I don`t get the point. This doesn`t help. The stats are not right. Can somebody please check this once again?

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Frisindia
    I don`t get the point. This doesn`t help. The stats are not right. Can somebody please check this once again?

Thanks
    I haven't looked at this product in three years. Explain how the stats are not right. Thus far, the biggest problem is that the Knights do not have enough levels in fighter to even qualify for the Knight of the Crown prestige class. The solution would be to either add a level in fighter and subtract a level in the PrC, or just tack a level of fighter on.

This product uses rules that are out of date to begin with, since the Knight of Solamnia was overhauled and put into the Knightly Orders of Ansalon sourcebook.
    Sallis the Silver Blaze
    Member of the Whitestone Council
    I don't want to be the bad guy anymore.

Unfortunately I don't own "Knightly Orders of Ansalon".

P.2 "Typical Knight of the Crown":
    a.) Add 1 Fighter Level and reduce 1 Knight of the Crown Level (just adding 1 Fighter Level makes the stats not correct).
    b.) The Will Save is +2 not +1 due to the Wisdom Score of 13.

P.2 "Typical Knight of the Sword":
    Just adding 1 Fighter Level makes the stats not correct. The person still does not qualify as a Knight of the Sword due to the Base Will Save requirement of +4. One level of cleric should be added as well. Base Attack, Saves, Spell list should be changed accordingly. Further there is one feat too much.

Buy