Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragonlance DM Screen Errata

Default Dragonlance DM Screen Errata

Hi all!

This thread is for any errors that you may have found in the DRAGONLANCE DUNGEON MASTER'S SCREEN and Resource Booklet which you'd like to submit to our list. This thread isn't for discussion of errors or errata, except in cases where clarification or even correction of whether something is an error or misprint or not is needed.

Also, before you submit an item, PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THREAD. There is a very good chance somebody else may have posted it earlier.

We may eventually move this thread to another forum under Gaming, but for now I'm going to keep it stickied up here. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Cam

On the screen itself...the monetary exchange table: along the top, Iron should be in the same column as Bronze.

Also, the moon tracking chart is still incorrect as far as moon phase terms and icons go (I'm sure the numbers and the chart itself can still be used). I can elaborate...but it's a long explination.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

"And the words that you fear,
    Will always be, the words you hear." - Collective Soul, "How Do You Love"

Ok, this is all known info, but here goes.

For all of the Knights of Solamnia, add one fighter level to each, adjust abilities and such accordingly. Or, in order to keep their CR where it is at, subtract a level from one of the PrCs, but adding a level of fighter would be easier, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedavias
    but adding a level of fighter would be easier, I guess.
    And necessary, I think, to meet requirements for the PrC levels that they have.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone
    And necessary, I think, to meet requirements for the PrC levels that they have.
    I was talking removing a level of the PrC and replacing it with a fighter level. But yeah, just adding a fighter level is easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedavias
    I was talking removing a level of the PrC and replacing it with a fighter level. But yeah, just adding a fighter level is easier.
    Oh, right...I see, my bad, I just wasn't quite getting what you were saying. heh heh
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

To fix the moon tracking chart (to match both logic, and the fact that Ansalon is in the southern hemisphere) the moon phase icons and names need switched around.

Full and New moon Icons and names can stay put, but the six apex icons on the left and right of the chart need to be swapped straight across...as do the names (Waning should be on the right, Waxing should be on the left).
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

Aslan THE WHITE Guest

Default moon magic chart and such

Ok this is no way a hack but to swap the moon chart is not required; ok hear me out. It is the same chart that was in the 1st edition, i know it dates me, but in a world where magic and gods walk the land you don't have to worry so much with the real world tech, as long as the suspention of disbelief is there if we start getting to specific then the real world becomes to much of the fantasy and ......Well the fantasy just gets mucked up. I say leave the moon chart you seem to be the only one if any problem with it soo just reverse it in your game if it irks you that much. Please once again not a hack just an observation.

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan THE WHITE
    Ok this is no way a hack but to swap the moon chart is not required
    Fair enough...but for me "it's fantasy, so real world physics doesn't apply" seems like just a cop out.

And if you want to get technical...the DLA was really screwed up (having Lunitari in the middle, but going around faster than Nuitari).

Anyway...it is wrong as far as physics goes...not only that, but the terminology is wrong as well. Of course it doesn't need to be changed...hell, the changes in no way shape or form effect the game play (as all rules stuff is correct and not changed). All the changes I suggest are aesthetic only...so whether someone wants to make the changes or not is up to them. It's not going to stop me from pointing out how to make it correct.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

TaftButtonwillow Guest

Unhappy Cave Lord and Divine Messenger

In the section on goblinoids (under monsters) it mentions a "Cave Lord" template that was to appear in the Bestiary of Krynn. Also in Celestial Outsiders a "Divine Messenger" is mentioned (but no source). Have these creatures been lost on the editing floor?