Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Age of Mortals Errata

ArthurSilverblade Guest

Another question on "call undead":
    In "summon undead" on "spell compendium" there is write [Evil] near school spell, so good clerics can't cast these spells.
    ...In "Era dei mortali"(italian version)- "age of mortals" there isn't write nothing^^, so can good clerics cast "call undead"???
    ...and can cast good wizards-sorceres?

Thx for answer

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurSilverblade
    Another question on "call undead":
    In "summon undead" on "spell compendium" there is write [Evil] near school spell, so good clerics can't cast these spells.
    ...In "Era dei mortali"(italian version)- "age of mortals" there isn't write nothing^^, so can good clerics cast "call undead"???
    ...and can cast good wizards-sorceres?

Thx for answer
    Yes. Although if you're a good cleric or a White Robe mage you'd probably better have a very good reason for it!

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Default Spark Shield -- DLCS -- pg 111

So, the bit that I am wondering about is:

if they strike you with a metal weapon or are wearing metal armor or carrying a lot of metal, they take 2d4 damage plus 2 points per level (maximum +15)
    Now, this seems to be quoting from the previous bit which is 1d4 +1 per level (max +15). The thing is, it can never be +15. So, was the intent +14 to keep it at a general maximum, or something silly like +30 (15X2)?
    Many of you have sigs of depth
    an abundance with no little heft,
    mine is quite shallow
    and certainly not hallowed
    but of humor is not entirely bereft.

Quote Originally Posted by escherblacksmith View Post
    Now, this seems to be quoting from the previous bit which is 1d4 +1 per level (max +15). The thing is, it can never be +15. So, was the intent +14 to keep it at a general maximum, or something silly like +30 (15X2)?
    Looks like it will cap at +14. This is a standard format, so I imagine we just carried it over. Mathematically it doesn't occur, but you know.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Moderator | Member - Whitestone Council
    Visit Atlas Games for information about Gloom, Once Upon a Time, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Feng Shui, and many other card games & RPGs!

Just weird across the board. You have to be 7th level to cast the spell, so, the bonus to damage against highly conductive attackers can only be +14.

Then we can also get into fun discussions like, does mithril conduct electricity? and what constitutes a lot of metal.

but, I'll leave that up to the dm, I suppose. Thanks!
    Many of you have sigs of depth
    an abundance with no little heft,
    mine is quite shallow
    and certainly not hallowed
    but of humor is not entirely bereft.

Hey folks.

I put this one in the Gaming and now I think is more appropriate for here. How do the penalties the fallen ogres suffer after losing the titan template modify the normal CR and abilities of Monster Manual 3.5? Cos I just notice the fallen ogres should have negative Charisma according to the modifiers in Age of Mortals sourcebook.
    Last edited by daperdepa; 10-29-2010 at 05:31 AM.

p. 46, Col 2, Spellfilch Weapon and Armor Proficiency – weapons are no longer classified as small or tiny in 3.5 in this manner. The text could be amended to read as follows: “At 1st level, the spellfilch gains proficiency in one exotic weapon of her choice weighing 2 lbs. or less.”
    I don't have a 3.0 PHB or conversion guide handy--would it make more, less, or as much sense to change this to "one light or one-handed exotic weapon"? Thanks!