Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Age of Mortals Errata

Quote Originally Posted by SimonCollins
    p. 156/7, Blister Nimblefingers
    · Alignment is in incorrect place in stat block
    · Type should read “Small humanoid (afflicted kender)
    Actually, it's still just "Small humanoid (kender)". Afflicted kender, like Qualinesti and Silvanesti elves, are just a subrace of the kender type.

Keep up the good work, Simon!

Cheers,
    Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    Actually, it's still just "Small humanoid (kender)". Afflicted kender, like Qualinesti and Silvanesti elves, are just a subrace of the kender type.

Keep up the good work, Simon!

Cheers,
    Cam
    Thanks Cam.

I suppose you're right, though I do feel that to just mention the subrace in the Type section would save space rather than listing out all the sub-race traits in the stat block. The whole point of a stat block is to give a shorthand reference to what can be found in the base books, so I think mentioning afflicted kender or Qualinesti elf in 'Type' would perform that function quite well.

Simon Collins

p. 159, Col 2, para 3 – should read “…strong enough to find them and survive the risks…”

p. 159, Col 2, para 7 – should read “Outcast dwarves in the service of the Knights…”

p. 160, Col 1, para 6 – should read “The Chamber of Takhisis is designed to be a place of worship…”

p. 161, Col 2, para 3 – should read “…the roar of a great dragon can be heard…”

p. 161/2, Laurana
    · Type should read Medium humanoid (elf)
    · BAB should be listed as +13
    · Melee attack with the short sword should be +18 (Weapon Focus (short sword) not accounted for)
    · Ranged attack should be listed as +16 (1d8/x3, longbow)
    · Height and Weight do not need to be listed
    · As noted previously, Laurana's ability scores are missing – could be Str 12, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 15, Cha 17: Str 12 would fit with the damage on the short sword, and the Attack bonus if the weapon focus feat was taken into account. It might possibly be 10 if the weapon damage is incorrect; Dex 17 fits with both the Initiative and the Reflex save; Con 14 fits with both the additional hit points and the Fort save; Wis 15 fits with the Will save; the Int and Cha scores are estimated based on the total number of skill points used and the total scores of Int and Cha based skills.
    · Possessions should be listed as +3 short sword, longbow, spear

p. 162, Col 1, para 7 – should read “Whenever Laurana is interacting with somebody from a different culture, race, political background or religion than her own…”

p. 162, Col 2, para 2 – should read “A legendary tactician can inspire courage in her allies…”

p. 162, Col 2, para 3 – should read “A legendary tactician gains a +2 bonus to her Leadership score, enabling her…”

p. 163, Col 2, para 6 – should read “…where her son, Gilthas, had been tricked…”

p. 164, Col 1, para 1 – should read “…especially Caramon’s son, Palin Majere.”

p. 164, Col 1, para 5 – should read “Her efforts were in vain, however.”

p. 165, Col 2, para 3 – should read “…served as the headquarters for the Knights of the Thorn, the gray-robed renegade wizards…”

p. 166, Col 1, para 5 – should read “A separate tannery was also built in the tower.”

p. 166, Col 1, para 6 – should read “…this spring rose from the ocean floor, to collect in this cave.”

p. 166, Col 2, sidebar – should read “Three times a day, the user of the Flames of the Storm…”

p. 167, Col 2, para 3 – should read “…open-air courtyards make the ruins a fascinating, yet dangerous place to explore.”

p. 167, Col 2, apar 4 – should read “…within the Wind-Dancer is the open-air yard to the north of the complex.”

p. 167, Col 2, para 5 – should read “…catches the mist of the waterfall and playfully tosses it about the room.”

p. 168, Col 1, para 2 – should read “…if the Grand Divide was always this way or if it was a casualty of the Cataclysm.”

p. 168/9, Ferilleeagh Dawnsprinter
    Base Atk should be listed as +9
    Grapple should be listed as +9
    Feril has not used anywhere near her full allocation of skill points, considering the bonuses from ability modifiers, and racial and feat bonuses.

p. 170, Col 1, para 4 – should read “…World’s Heart sits in the middle of ancient ogre ruins…”

p. 170, Col 1, para 5 – should read “Before the fall of Istar, the city had a population…”

p. 170, Col 2, para 2 – should read “Legend claims that captives were led to the ridge…”

p. 170, Col 2, para 4 – should read “At the center of the city is the fabled World’s Heart.”

p. 170, Col 2, para 4 – should read “…has continued to pulse, as it will until the end of history.”

Simon Collins
    Last edited by SimonCollins; 10-06-2004 at 03:40 PM.

conan22 Guest

Default Call Undead spell table is 3.0, not 3.5.

Any advice how to convert to 3.5 compatible list?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by conan22
    Any advice how to convert to 3.5 compatible list?
    Thanks
    There's a new table in Libris Mortis, I'd use that htere.
    Unlive long, and prosper

Spectre Guest

Default Spear of Divine Might/ Wrath

Shouldn't the saving throw for the Spears effects be Fort based?

After all it is a save or die spell and afaik such type of spell is nearly always Fort based.

Ad hoc I only know of 1 partial exception and that is phantasmal killer (Will AND Fort).

It has always been stated by WotC that save or die spells are the strong point of the fighters.
    This spell just is a fighter killer in an inappropriate way, IMHO.

Of course I can change it in my campaign (I did it already), but shouldn't this be official?

Spectre

Kishpa Guest

Maybe this next info wouldn'te considered an errata viewed strctly from the game perspective, but it's a discrepancy with the novels.

On Mina's stats in her cleric spells list doesn't appear the Divine Retribution spell wich we know she used against Khellendros in the War of Souls trilogy.

It's a 9th level cleric spell, and she can cast them.

On a similar note, and this thought came entirely personal, the spell Spiritual Horde (pg. 75) is listed as a cleric spell only, I remember reading at the end of Dragons of Spring Dawning Raistlin using that spell.

Well, I have no way to know if it really was THAT very same spell, but he used a spell with the same description, I actually tought when I first saw Spiritual Horde that it was inspired by this scene.

Anyway I was thinking that maybe a Wizard level could be added to the spell so that it could be available to Wizards as well, based on this.
    Last edited by Kishpa; 10-22-2005 at 10:31 PM.

WildKnight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sothus
    There's a new table in Libris Mortis, I'd use that htere.

Actually the one in Libris Mortis is *still* broken... Heroes of Horror finally got it right.

Should Palin really have a Challenge Rating equal to his level? He gave up the class feature that was the main source of his challenge.

Also, about Mina and Divine Retribution, she just doesn't have it prepared at this moment. Remember, Clerics have access to all the spells on their list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindolin
    Should Palin really have a Challenge Rating equal to his level? He gave up the class feature that was the main source of his challenge.
    I typically alter CR for non-spellcasting spellcasters so that only half of their spellcaster levels count towards CR, as if they were non-associated. So, yeah, he should have a lower CR than that.

Cheers,
    Cam