Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lifespans

Default Lifespans

what is the average lifespans of the various races of Krynn?

Im gonna make it a given on the human one...

but the elves, the Elven trilogy had the twin's Father's Life span in the thousand years or more, same with his wife.

none of my material has the racial age limits for the pc races, can anyone help me?

Sheen Vloorshad Guest

Well, Dalamar at age 90 was around 20 in human comparison... so I guess that making it a little longer 500-700 would be a nice elven age.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen Vloorshad
    Well, Dalamar at age 90 was around 20 in human comparison... so I guess that making it a little longer 500-700 would be a nice elven age.

heres the storyline, a Aging Kagonesti Tribal Chief who lived through the first Catacyclsm with his son refuses to relinquish his throne due to the fact his youngest Son, the Dreamer was taken by the Gods when they sweeped away the True Clerics from the land, and his eldest Son volunteerly surrendered himself to Local Wemics for inadvertantly starting a tribal war after the Catacylsm between the two races.

the Kagonesti Chief I was to make at lest 800 years. but I need his eldest Son Mahena to also have lived through the Catacyclsm and be mature enough to Lead War parties after the Event and during the first centuries of the new age.

Im ball parking a Middle age Kagonesti Elf to be ...maybe 400-500?

There are numerous cases where characters have far longer lifespan then what can be usually expected from the gaming stats usual for such races. Often these illustrious figures of such longevity are often exemption to the normal age progression of the long-lived races.
    Pondering the Mysteries of Dragonlance
    Member of the Whitestone Council

Check out the Dragonlance Forum Chat. Right there next to Quick Link and Log Out on the top tool bar. See who's chatting too.

-SZ

Sheen Vloorshad Guest

Hm... Well, then Dalamar was really young to take the tests! Then I'd ball park a venerable elf to be around 1700?

Given that Dalamar got thrown out of Silvanesti as a Dark Elf, taking the Test was one of the only path left for him.

Another case for age issues is Tanis, who if you follow normal half-elf aging would be a old age by the time Chronicle starts give he was born over a hundred and two years ago.

Check out the Dragonlance Forum Chat. Right there next to Quick Link and Log Out on the top tool bar. See who's chatting too.

-SZ

Sheen Vloorshad Guest

Yeah, but the reason he was thrown out waz cuz of his magic. And it was 3 years after his Exile that he went to Wayreth. He could have just denounced his faith in Nui. He was convicted cuz heyelled out his faith. Don't know if you've read Dalamar the Dark though so...

Elves grow physically and mentally roughly as quickly as humans due give a few years, usually however due to their environment their mindset does not often mature for a long period. So it is not unusual for an elf to be able to do things after only a two to three decades old, it is just that they are able to live quite a long time give the race a much long incentive to mature and grow slowly.

-SZ

Sheen Vloorshad Guest

U didn't really answer my post. U said it was the only thing he could do. It was what he wanted to do. It was why he got exiled.

Isn't there a chart or something in one of the manuals that gives a basic lifespan for most races? I seem to recall something like this... maybe it wasn't in a DL source book though... I think we used to use the AD&D Players Handbook for this information
    If you expect the unexpected, is it really all that unexpected? :p