Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Towers of High Sorcery Errata

Wolffenjugend Guest

Back to errata...

The Dark Dwarf Savant (DDS) table (p. 27) has the prc not receiving an arcane spellcasting level at 2nd, 5th, and 8th. But the Spells per Day/Spells Known contradicts that by stating they gain an additional arcane spellcasting level whenever they gain a level of DDS.

I'm assuming the table is correct and the text was just copied from somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffenjugend
    Back to errata...

The Dark Dwarf Savant (DDS) table (p. 27) has the prc not receiving an arcane spellcasting level at 2nd, 5th, and 8th. But the Spells per Day/Spells Known contradicts that by stating they gain an additional arcane spellcasting level whenever they gain a level of DDS.

I'm assuming the table is correct and the text was just copied from somewhere else.
    Not so much copied as it was originally going to have it work like the text and changed it to work like the table.

Cheers,
    Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    Not so much copied as it was originally going to have it work like the text and changed it to work like the table.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Sorry Cam, I have problems understanding your sentence. Which is correct? the table or the text? Should the Savant get incresased spellacasting at each level?
    Thanks!

Cheers,
    Antonio

Default Leciane do Cirica level

Hello all,
    the character level of Leciane do Cirica is wrong.
    She should be at least 9th level, since, as is described in Divine Hammer and in the same paragraph where are reported the character stats, she was able to cast Teleport.
    I wonder if the character description and the character stats were written by the same person...

Cheers,
    Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar
    Sorry Cam, I have problems understanding your sentence. Which is correct? the table or the text? Should the Savant get incresased spellacasting at each level?
    Thanks!
    The table is correct, in this case. There are a couple of levels that the savant does not gain increased spellcasting.

Cheers,
    Cam

Hello all,
    the character level of Leciane do Cirica is wrong.
    She should be at least 9th level, since, as is described in Divine Hammer and in the same paragraph where are reported the character stats, she was able to cast Teleport.
    I wonder if the character description and the character stats were written by the same person...
    In most cases, no - the stats are not written by the person who writes the background. The background serves as a guide for the writing of the stats, so in this case I goofed! Thanks for catching it.

Cheers,
    Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    In most cases, no - the stats are not written by the person who writes the background. The background serves as a guide for the writing of the stats, so in this case I goofed! Thanks for catching it.

Cheers,
    Cam
    Oh my! Would not it be better if the same person wrote it? Is there a reason for this? I might understand that perhaps the writing of the background is left to more "literary skilled" people, but then the risk that happens something like that becomes not negligible.
    Anyway, compliments for the stats! I guess it is a nice character, and it reflects quite well the "book character" (except for the level

Cheers,
    Antonio

Oh my! Would not it be better if the same person wrote it? Is there a reason for this? I might understand that perhaps the writing of the background is left to more "literary skilled" people
    I think you came up with the reason right there, to be honest.

Cheers,
    Cam

Fanty Guest

Hello....

Uh...Well i am new here.

Does anyone know when "towers of high sorcery" is reprinted?

my bookstore wrote me, after nearly a month of waiting, that they cant send a copy to me, cause its out of print. :(

Damm

TaftButtonwillow Guest

Just a quick question on Dwarven Savants.

The requirements give the needed feats of four feats (I forget the first feat, and don't have my book on me), three of which must be metamagic or item creation. Spellcasting must be of 3rd-level spells. This fits to taking the class by 7th level if a wizard (not counting the human racial feat), but 10th level if a sorcerer. Admittedly, the main arcane caster throughout DLs history has been wizard, but with sorcerers around now, is there any way to balance this out? Or do I just make a DM judgement to throw out the fourth feat requirement?

It seems to put the Dwarven Savant a bit off the power scale (I tried to make a villian for may WotL campaign, but he would have been too high for the party) or is this correct for the prc class?

Appreciate any answers,
    Taft

Edit: Okay. Thanks for the reply Cam! I was leading my characters through Thorbardin (during WotL), but they were only about 8th level, so I just made the Savant a straight sorcerer (this was before the clarification on sorcerers, I was going off of the older references, which called them sorcerers).
    Last edited by TaftButtonwillow; 11-23-2004 at 05:13 PM.