Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Towers of High Sorcery Errata

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    Editors do their best to correct problems of content, and proofreaders do their best to address issues of grammar & spelling. While the two aren't mutually exclusive, this is generally the case.
    Oh...oops. I had those two backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    Also, remember that the final word on what does or doesn't maintain continuity with the current line of thinking in the setting is WOTC, and the licensees that act in WOTC's stead.
    Right...which is why, generally speaking, that while I don't necessarily like retcons and the like, I will accept them/get over them and move on. It's really the inner book continuity problems (where the book says one thing then contradicts itself in another place) that I have a problem with. (the DLCS had a lot of this, rules wise...but I think that was to be expected, what with 3.5 being worked on at the exact same time)

Anyway...I'll post anything I find. And I know, everyone at SP also wants the best DL product, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I just wanted to make sure everyone realized I wasn't trying to be an a** or anything...just trying to be helpful (even though I'm sure my suggestions were probably "no duh" comments anyway )
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

"And the words that you fear,
    Will always be, the words you hear." - Collective Soul, "How Do You Love"

Shouldn't Dalamar have the Master of the Tower template? I thought Jenna gave him control of Wayreth in Wizard's Conclave...I know that book was being written probably the same time as ToHS, but I didn't see it on here yet so I figured I might as well throw it out there.
    Friendly Nexus Rules Editor

Send me some rules so I can edit and post them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinrox
    Shouldn't Dalamar have the Master of the Tower template? I thought Jenna gave him control of Wayreth in Wizard's Conclave...I know that book was being written probably the same time as ToHS, but I didn't see it on here yet so I figured I might as well throw it out there.
    No, as far as we're aware Jenna's actually the Master of the Tower of Wayreth. Even with his help against the renegade sorcerers, I don't think the gods of magic are keen on giving Dalamar that role back.

Cheers,
    Cam

TaftButtonwillow Guest

Some quick questions:

The Tower of Palanthas makes no mention of the "Lair of the Live Ones." While this is mostly a novel and aritistic issue (making no previous mention in games), I was wondering if it truly existed.

The Bloodstone of Fistandantilus: The book makes no mention of whether this item exists, though it did in older books. It is not listed under magic items, nor under Fistandantilus's description.

Fistandantilus as a Demilich: although the description of Fistandantilus is one while he was alive, it makes no mention of him becomming a lich. Yet both the first and second edition versions of the Classic Adventures list him as a demilich (though he doesn't do much but float around for a few rounds).

While these are not imporatant issues, it would be nice to have clarification.

A Bone to Pick: I hope this won't be taken personally, but Sovereign Press seems to have some bad planning issues with the release dates of their books. Bestiary was slated for march, but set back twice before being released in June. Towers was originally slated for June, but set back to September. Both books I had trouble ordering or getting ahold of even after their release date. I have gone to order War of the Lance, but cannot order through my bookstore, and they have no details on the release of the book.

I live in Orange County, CA, and have only a few gaming stores at my disposal; these mostly support wargames over RPGs. I am not angry (anymore), though severly dissapoined at Sovereign Press, especially since the quality of their work is beyond exceptional (occasional gramatical error aside). Most buisinesses would have gone bankrupt for lateness on products.

I think Soveriegn Press is doing outstanding work, besides; and I hope this can be taken as creative criticism to fix the due date problem.

Ok, the Lair of the Live Ones is the the same as the Chamber of Seeing, it even says so.

The Bloodstone of Fist. better belongs in the book devoted to Legends, as does Fisty being a Demi-lich. Since these things weren't even supposed to be in the book, they don't belong in errata.

This is only speculation on my part, but I doubt Fistandantilus is going to be a demilich. I think it is going to be retconned that there is a remnant Fistandantilus left on this plane of after he was blasted into the Abyss.

This is just from my own observations of the Annotated Legends appendix by Tracy about time travel, and the new creature in the ToHS called a remnant.

We'll probably find out next summer for sure.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

TaftButtonwillow Guest

Default Legends?

Fistandantilus used the Bloodstone to extend his life. The item was originally mentioned in the Legends series, but also in the core books for both first and second edition (not mentioned here due to copyrights).

The demilich version of Fisty was listed in both first and second edtion versions of the classic adventures. Fisty would not need both the bloodstone and being a lich, as they were contradictory, but it would have been nice to see one or the other mentioned, especially since they gave stats for Fisty.

As for Legends, Raistlin broke all the rules in the Timereaver spell, as he changed history to accomplish his goals. Yet the High God set down the river of time not to be altered, so how did he do it?

I'd go into a rant on Legends, but not here. Anyways, just some thoughts of things that should be fixed.

Taft

Quote Originally Posted by TaftButtonwillow
    As for Legends, Raistlin broke all the rules in the Timereaver spell, as he changed history to accomplish his goals. Yet the High God set down the river of time not to be altered, so how did he do it?
    Just read Annotated Legends (most espeically, Tracy's appendix on time travel)...all will be revealed.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

Quote Originally Posted by TaftButtonwillow
    Fistandantilus used the Bloodstone to extend his life. The item was originally mentioned in the Legends series, but also in the core books for both first and second edition (not mentioned here due to copyrights).

The demilich version of Fisty was listed in both first and second edtion versions of the classic adventures. Fisty would not need both the bloodstone and being a lich, as they were contradictory, but it would have been nice to see one or the other mentioned, especially since they gave stats for Fisty.

I'd go into a rant on Legends, but not here. Anyways, just some thoughts of things that should be fixed.

Taft
    Fistandantilus used many means to prolong his life. The Bloodstone, becoming a lich, merging with Raistlin, ultimately they all failed him. It was event mentioned in Tanis: The Shadow Years that because he had so fully given himself to the magic that he had no physical body on the plane of death. Now I know most of the Preludes are considered by most to only be Kender Tales, but it does raise the interesting question of just how many remnants does Fistandantilus have? More importantly what would happen if all those remnants were brought together in one place at the same time, with the Bloodstone, and a suitable body to inhabit? It kind of makes you wonder.
    “There's always, always a choice. My options might really, truly suck, but that doesn't mean there isn't a choice.”

- Harry Dresden -

afterlife Guest

Default river of time...

i was told that the Masters of the Towers KNEW the spells of time travel for the very purpose of fixing "forks" in the river that werent suppose to be..hence if they can do that then Raistlin can affect time as well...thats just what i was told..