Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the Lance Errata

QuentinGeorge Guest

If your calculations are accurate, and they look pretty solid, that means the Night of the Eye that occurs in Wizard's Conclave takes place in 40 SC.

That would make the book span (39 SC - 40 sC).

Sounds about right to me.

Well, unfortunately, because the moons are gone for 38 years...everything after War of Souls is off by a year (since when the moons came back at the end of 38 SC, they started in a High Sanction alignment). So the new starting point becomes 39 SC as being the year without a Night of the Eye, 40 SC has one happen "April" 15th, and 41 SC has one happen on "October" 15th...then it repeats with 42 not having one, 43 is in "April," 44...well, you get the picture.

Now, because of the way Nuitari moves so damned fast, there's no way that both sides of the planet would be able to see the actual alignment (as it happens in less than 2 hours) so I fudged things a bit and said that the one in "October" happens over the Western Hemisphere (where Ansalon is) and the one in "April" happens over the Eastern Hemisphere (where Taladas is). This is because they happen at opposite ends of Krynn's orbit around the sun.

Of course, that wouldn't be the case...because everything in Krynn's cosmos is so perfect now, both would happen over Ansalon, and Taladas would never see it. At least I think so, I figured out that the planet would actually revolve 337 times a year, even though there only are 336 days in a year...but I couldn't figure out if a moon's orbit worked the same way...but I'm pretty sure it does. (in that one revolution of Krynn would be not 360 degrees but is actually 361.07 degrees...earth is the same way...it's about 360.99 degrees) <shrugs> So, take from that what you will.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

"And the words that you fear,
    Will always be, the words you hear." - Collective Soul, "How Do You Love"

Here's a question for you, then. Assuming the Night of the Eye is all three moons lining up with each other, aren't there times when all three moons are full and in the sky and yet don't line up before they all cycle away again?

Cheers,
    Cam

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Banks
    Here's a question for you, then. Assuming the Night of the Eye is all three moons lining up with each other, aren't there times when all three moons are full and in the sky and yet don't line up before they all cycle away again?
    Not Full (as a moon needs to have 97% lit to be considered full...and due to line of sight, that can only happen to all three at the same time when they are lined up)...but, there are times when they are in High Sanction at the same time but not lined up:

422 AC
    "February" 15
    "July" 12
    "November" 12
    "December" 15
    "December" 16

423 AC
    "April" 15 (Night of the Eye) (maybe Taladas only?)
    "April" 16
    "August" 15

424 AC
    "January" 12
    "May" 12
    "June" 15
    "June" 16
    "October" 15 (Night of the Eye) (Festival of the Eye) (maybe Ansalon only?)
    "October" 16

Then it repeats from there.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

"And the words that you fear,
    Will always be, the words you hear." - Collective Soul, "How Do You Love"

Wow, I thought the Night of the Eye was something very very rare, the way all the novels talk about it, but it happens every year or so? Cool+
    Friendly Nexus Rules Editor

Send me some rules so I can edit and post them!!

Default Hamlet of Wheatly

Not seeing the hill dwarf hamlet of Wheatly marked on the map in Estwilde. Pg.92

Ariakas has an intelligence of 17, so he would not be able to cast 8th level spells that are listed. (Page 237)
    Pondering the Mysteries of Dragonlance
    Member of the Whitestone Council

Check out the Dragonlance Forum Chat. Right there next to Quick Link and Log Out on the top tool bar. See who's chatting too.

-SZ

Exclamation

This was brought up on the WotC boards by member Dragontooth:

the gold dragon, Pyrite, is listed as having an alignment of CE. This is highly unlikely, I'd put him at at least NG or LG.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedavias
    This was brought up on the WotC boards by member Dragontooth:

the gold dragon, Pyrite, is listed as having an alignment of CE. This is highly unlikely, I'd put him at at least NG or LG.
    Pyrite is LG.

Cheers,
    Cam

Dragontooth Guest

pg 158

Kalaman has 15,000 stl limit on items, yet the total assets of the city is 1,335 which does make since compared to the other cities.