Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: War of the Lance Errata

Default War of the Lance Errata

Hi all!

This thread is for any errors that you may have found in the WAR OF THE LANCE campaign sourcebook which you'd like to submit to our list. This thread isn't for discussion of errors or errata, except in cases where clarification or even correction of whether something is an error or misprint or not is needed.

Also, before you submit an item, PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THREAD. There is a very good chance somebody else may have posted it earlier.

We may eventually move this thread to another forum under Gaming, but for now I'm going to keep it stickied up here. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Cam

Default Blue Crystal Staff Minor powers

I posted this last night in a different thread but it can go here also.

Just reading on the Blue Crystal staff in WotL and I found a possible weakness/abuse of the staff that players could have. Curing minor wounds, which heals 1 point of damage, can be used without using any charges. A savy player could catch onto this and say they're using that to heal 40 points of damage 1 point at a time, for example.

I think I would errata this that for evey 4 points healed this way it uses a charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Valharic
    A savy player could catch onto this and say they're using that to heal 40 points of damage 1 point at a time, for example.
    I don't see a problem there. During combat it's slow and in camp it's doesn't matter. How could it be too powerful anyway? It is Mishakals staff. The goddess of healing, you know.

Raistlin's hit dice are off by 1

(do you want game errata, or things like misspellings too?)

Quote Originally Posted by talinthas
    Raistlin's hit dice are off by 1

(do you want game errata, or things like misspellings too?)
    If you notice errors in spelling for place names, character names, that kind of thing, it'd be good to catch. General spelling errors as a result of mistyping can usually be caught otherwise.

Cheers,
    Cam

On page 79 under Adventure Ideas "Khalkist" Mountains should be the Kharolis Mountains.

Solamnia Map: misspelled Zeboim
    Blood Sea Isles Map: misspelled Lycanos
    Last edited by snifferdoo; 09-09-2004 at 06:28 PM.

This will be handy!

In the entry for 346 AC it says the Companions go their seperate ways. It also says Raistlin takes his Test and has the Brothers in Arms entry. We know the Companions leave in September of 346...and according to Soulforge Raistlin takes his test on the Seventh day of the seventh month. So, the Test and BiA must be in year 347 AC (since July comes before September).

The other one I noticed, in the write up for Throt, the terms Throt, Throtl, and Throtyl are all kind of used interchangeably (and all at least once for the same thing). The way I understood it was that the name of the region was Throt, the city was Throtl, and (according to TotL map) the mountain gap was Throtyl Gap. I noticed the regional maps in the WotL were right...but the write up was typoed.

The last thing was that the history of the Disks of Mishakal doesn't match the Kingpriest trilogy. Don't know if that's really errata worthy, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
    Last edited by Arek Brimstone; 09-02-2004 at 02:43 PM.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

"And the words that you fear,
    Will always be, the words you hear." - Collective Soul, "How Do You Love"

Yeah, i noticed that about the discs and the crown of power as well.

Quote Originally Posted by talinthas
    Yeah, i noticed that about the discs and the crown of power as well.
    See...that's what was weird though...the Crown write up at least mentioned the possibility that it was the Myceram (without using the name, I think). So I wasn't sure why Cathan's part in the Disks history was not hinted at or elluded to as well. <shrugs>
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone

Pg.64, 323 AC: Night of the Eye - This should be year 324 AC.

If you wish to read my calculations and reasoning for how I figured it is 324 and not 323, read below (I've been doing extensive research and calculations for Krynn's calendars...it was fun, and I've got a lot of spare time)

---Explination---

In order to determine which calendar goes where, one must find a year that they know an Ansalonian Night of the Eye occurs (15th of Tenthmonth). The best candidate we have for this is the Night of the Eye mentioned in Brothers Majere, by Kevin Stein. If we start at the year 346, we know that Raistlin and Caramon left Solace in Ninthmonth of that year to travel to Wayreth. Raistlin took his test of the 7th day of the Seventhmonth of the year (thanks to Soulforge, by Margaret Weis), so we know that it must have been Seventhmonth 7, 347 AC. Brothers in Arms, by Margaret Weis and Don Perin, continues this story and ends in the spring of the following year, 348 AC. Finally we come to Brothers Majere. Now, itís not specifically stated, but it flows rather well as happening in the mid to late summer right following Brothers in Arms. This book ends with a Night of the Eye. So this gives a decent guess at a Night of the Eye happening on Tenthmonth 15, 348 AC.

Subtracting a number divisible by 3 (348) and one gets the starting point for pre-Second Cataclysm calendars, 0 AC (there is no real year 0 AC, so this is just a virtual year). I chose 0 because it greatly simplifies the calculations. Another nice thing is that this means there was a Night of the Eye less than three months before the Cataclysm which I believe matches previous documents on the subject.

Since we know that the Ansalonian Night of the Eye happens exactly once every three years (thanks to the new DLCS calendar), we know that the year for the Night of the Eye that takes place in the book Night of the Eye, by Mary Kirchoff, has to be divisible by 3. 323 is not divisible by 3, but 324 is...and works rather nicely, I think.
    Tobin Melroy
    aka Arek Brimstone