Page 1 of 97 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Balstrong

Default Balstrong (Open)

OOC:
    Before I explain i have 2 notes...

1)this is a thread made for characters. It will take place in a small village known as Balstrong with a very small population. There will be no large events, no battles or wars, just the interactions of the few residents in the town. So if you wish to display your skills in writing battles, this isn't the place for you.

2) Quick posting is allowed so it is highly recomended that should you join, you are able to check up frequently

You can control one or possinly 2 character (if you really need to control 2 characters for a character reason PM me and I'll probably let you...) of any race, age, sex, status exluding goblins, ogres, and dragons. So to sum it up, Races available: Elves, Humans, Kender, Gnomes, Dwarves, Draconians (sivak, bozak, Baaz, Kapak but not Aurak) Your job is your choosing, and can be simple such as running a blacksmith, an inn, a general store, or simply farming. Or you could have a hidden stash and simply relax all the time!

Everyone in the town knows eachother fairly well (they know everyone's name and their general personality) People rarely, if ever, leave. They may have come from outside (perhaps a retired warrior or hiding renegade) but the village is pretty contained and is only left for short trips to sell goods, visit the outside worl, or something similar. Your character may have the mysterious-old-man-living-alone-in-the-dark-part-of-town personality if you wish, but you gotta come to town eventually or we'll come to you!

The time period is after the War of the Souls, no war is going on at the time.

For those who need more info on the town... It is in the centre of the continent, south of Solamnia, far North of Solace and Qualinesti. There is an inn (someone's character can run this if they wish) and the number of people in the town is the number of people who join this thread. So for a period of time while we are acumulating characters, we'll assume that we just haven't seen some of the people in town in a few days or some excuse like that... The shops and houses will again be limited to the characters you create. The town is in a clearing in a forest with a small dirt path leading south and north. For now, let us assume it is late summer.

All people are welcome to join, but make sure you can post frequently and if you have not roleplayed online before, ask myself or another member for a brief summery.

So if you wish to join, Post Message me with your character description and I shall inform you if your character fits the simple specifications. Until I do PM you please do not post in this thread.

-K.T.

Cast of Characters Thus far:

Played by: kendercommander
    Name: Acorn Thornpicker
    Race:Kender
    Bio: Born in Kendermore to a whole family of over 50 Thornpickers, named after his 2nd cousin twice removed, he wandered off seeking adventure. After exploring most of Krynn, he found a nice small village and settled in, building a small and ragged hut. Needing a source of income and food, he hired a woodshaper to quickly grow a small orchard of about 30 trees behind his house. Due to magic left behind, the apples always grow even in winter weather. The village of Balstrong all know the kender as he loves wandering around town chatting.

Played by: papytofu
    Name : Kerev Durtan
    Race : Human
    Class: Fighter
    Description : He's in his sixties but he kept himself in great shape and he is stronger than many man of the town. He have blond with strike of white hairs and ocean blue eyes. He was part of a squadron of proud warriors helping the knight of solamnia. A kind of mercenaries with honor and that only serve good causes.

Played by: Prevail
    Name: Velmin (aka. Velm)
    Race: Qualinesti Elf
    Class: Retired Assassin
    Bio: From the age of 18-26 (human years) he was an assassin for a wide selection of people. From his city's mayor to a whole town. He's had his part in the killing. Now sick of killing people that did nothing to him. Velmin has resided in a small town called Balstrong. He relies on the money he has saved up, enough to live off of for a couple years. Now a private fighting instructor that gets no buissness, he remains to himself trying to become more of a social person.

Played by: Midnightstrider
    Name: Kaylana
    Race: Half-elf
    Bio: Kaylana left Qualinsati when she realized half-elves would never be accepted in her elven homeland, so she moved to the town of her fathers birth, Balstrong. She did not like the common steriotype of of womens jobs or staying at home while their husbands worked. She bacome a blacksmith, makeing elven and human style weapons and armor.

Played by: DLancer
    Name: Lay Swanson
    Race: Human
    Descrip: Medium build. Medium height. Hazel Eyes. Lay seeks to run one of the cleanest, most prosperous inns on the continent.

Played By: Silverback
    Name: Aaril Kelenjor
    Bio: Aaril grew up living on the outskirts of town helping her mother to grow the herbs they sold in their shop. Her father had died in a farming accident when she was six. Just recently her mother passed away of the wasting disease, so Aaril has been tending the garden and shop by herself.

Played by: Gaberial Cross
    Name: Oratan Cyprus
    Occupation : owner and bartender of the Eternal Slumber Inn and tavern
    Bio: Oratan is a good man, running an honest Bar, and tavern, he doesn't accept riff raff at his place, he's built like a bouncer, and has a low gruff voice, short brown hair, green eyes

Played by: Gaberial Cross
    name: Tal
    sex: male
    Description: blonde hair, blue eyes
    Bio: wanders into town after his parents are killed by Ogres the night of the dinner

Played by: Splinter
    Name:Robert Sylack
    Bio: Wandering Person, will work anywhere, and just entering town.

Played by: Master_of_the_lance
    Name: Roxy Bluebird
    Race: Kender
    Bio: Runs a local pawn shop. He openned this becase he had an odd luck of things flying in to his pouch. It's not much of a store though... really just a small hut with shelves with **** on them. He is a very happy kender and has brown hair

Played by: Grimgor
    Name: Eric "Pawnbroker" Thornsson
    Job: Wandering merchant
    Bio: Eric has been coming to the town for decades, supplying it with outside news for nearly half a century. Keeping his age well, his rough lifestyle shows by his occasional scar and the rugged, unkempt look about him. He is known for three things: Being a filthy rich merchant (a lie,but most of his stops in the town is done when he is out of wares to sell and is at the top of his money), having news and not taking a bath if not specifically instructed to.

Name: Marcy Link
    Appearance; Mid. hieght and slender "from the back". She has long brown hair and a pretty face that kind of glows. Green eyes and always smiles.
    Bio. Marcy and her husband came to Balstrong about 8 months ago as newly weds. The settled into a small shake on the endge of town and Marcy's husband had no probles finding work. He was a carpenter. Soon after arriving her, the couple discovered they were expecting a baby. This great news was quickly spoiled when Marcy's husband fall from a latter while fixing the Inn's roof and died. Marcy took a job at the inn waiting on tables. Recently Oratan tryed to stop her from coming it to work, for her own good but without the income Marcy has nothing and refuses to take handouts.
    She is presently 8 months pregnant and rumer has it that there may be more than one baby for she looks like she is carring a litter.
    Last edited by kendercommander; 03-10-2005 at 08:47 PM.
    Na Zdraví!

Kendercommander (at) hotmail (dot) com

-K.T.

It's only free if your time is worthless - still pretty cheap ;-)

papytofu Guest

(Sorry didn't read the part where you asked that we didn't write here) :(

OOC:well, we have a good number now so we can start. If you still want to join, you can still PM me your character bio and join in the fun! So this village is very small. Not really a village but a small community. About 7 to 10 people right now and if someone else joins, we shall pretend he has been here for X amount of years and days, X of their choosing. We just hadn't got around to talking about them yet...

Note: Gaberial Cross is looking for someone to play a barmaid.

BIC: As the sun rose slowly, the rays of sun came down on krynn and a few rays passed over Balstrong. As a beam of light broke through the forest and past the wooden shelter through a crack, it passed over a pair of eyes. These eyes promptly opened and their body leaped out of a small wooden bed covered in cloth. "Good morning everyone!" Acorn chirped cheerily at the small wooden shack. To whom he spoke, among the suspected were the 2 small black cats, a bird in a cage, the 4 small mice or a raccoon which promptly waddled out the door. (Another theory is that he just wanted to talk) His home was not overly decorated, but it had essentials- a wooden bed, a table with 4 chairs, a bookcase with a few stories and guides, and several holes in the roof (holes? what? you mean my windows? They let in a nice breeze and lots of nice sunlight!) er... windows...

Acorn grabbed a small basket and stepped outside. He looked around. No one up...yet. With a small giggle and a grin a plan formed in his mind. As he picked some apples off one of the trees, he got a fairly good basket of almost perfect apples. He then decided that his friends would want some apples, too, he thought with a quiet munch of one. He walked a few paces in front of his house and drew in a large breath. "WHO WANTS SOME APPPLES!?" he bellowed at the top of his tiny lungs. "oops" he said quietly and with a quiet snickering sat down on a conveniant rock, waiting for someone to talk to while munching cheerily on a large red apple.
    Na Zdraví!

-K.T.

Aaril awoke to the chirping of the birds outside her cottage window. Wiping the sleep from her eyes she started her morning routine of tidying up. She didnt have much here, just a stout oak table with a few chairs. A small feather bed in the corner sat next to a closet. Smiling she went outside and headed to the small stream behind her cottage. The stream is how she irrigated her herb garden. Washing up a bit she heard a small voice closer into the village. Looking toward the village, "I see that Acorn is awake." With a slight skip she headed for her shop.

Seeing someone skipping along, Acorn got up and ran after the figure. "Good morning Aaril! How are you today?Would you like an apple?" he grinned up at her cheerily.
    Na Zdraví!

-K.T.

Smiling at the kender, "I would love an apple acorn." She accepted a bright red apple as she headed for the Eternal Slumber. "Would you care to join me for breakfast. Oratan has been kind enough to extend me a bit of credit since my mother..." she started to well up with tears but fought them back. "Anyway are you hungry, let's eat." Walking into the Eternal Slumber she looked around. Not many people here this morning. Waving at Oratan she sat down at a table with acorn and waited for someone to come over to take their order.

Acorn puts his apples on the table and looks at Aaril. "Well, the inn's pretty busy." His voice almost echoes in the virtually empty room. "So how are you fairing?" his voice is filled with compassion and quiet respect. While fun-loving, Acorn was known to have a great respect for life.
    Na Zdraví!

-K.T.

Looking around the inn she gave a small smile to Acorn. "Huh, service seems to be slipping. Must be a problem in the back." Taking acorns hands in hers, "I am doing ok," a slight pause," it is hard to do everthing on my own, but I will manage. My mother did it. I will be strong like her and persevere. Thank you for asking. You are very sweet." Picking up another apple, "almost as sweet as you apples" Grinning bigger she took a big bite out of it.

Prevail Guest

Velm laid in bed, now awake from what sounded like Acorn's yells. "Go to bed Acorn!" he was awake early four days out of seven this week alone. He hated living so close to the kender but he loved his house. It was nestled among four tress which gave good support. He had a huge bed that he loved, a table with two chairs that sat underneath a window over looking the village, his "treasure" chest, as he liked to call it and a bookshelf. Velm moaned as he rolled over and buried his face into his pillow. He got out of bed and saw Acorn talking to Aaril as they headed towards the tavern. Velm got dressed and walked out onto his very small porch. It was barely big enough for a chair, yet Velm found it comfortable. He stretched and climbed down the ladder and headed towards the tavern as well.

"If you ever need help you know where to find me! And I'll always have sweet apples ready!" Acorn giggled a little bit and took a second apple. He never got tired of the sweet juicy apples. But, he reasoned, he had to eat things from the tavern or else he'd turn into an apple himself. As fun as that would be...

Just then, Velm walked in. "G'morning Velm! How are you?" Acorn chirped cheerily.
    Na Zdraví!

-K.T.