Thread: Nexus "Official" Conversion Guide?

Lightbulb Nexus "Official" Conversion Guide?

Hi there, Lancers all!

After hunting high and low for a the ideal system to play in our beloved setting... I've finally caved in to the wonders of 5E.

Now, here's the thing: although I appreciate the shout outs to DL in the PHB (and even in the playtest docs and UA), I think we're missing a few key pieces of the setting. And even though we have Kentti's fantastic work, I'd love to crowdsource this amazing community—as it was done with Pathfinder—so we can have a sort of "official", Nexus-approved conversion document for people who want to introduce the waves of new D&D players to the best setting ever produced for it.

So, anybody interested in working on something like this?

All the best,

Felipe
    Writer, editor & translator / Escritor, editor y traductor

I was looking at converting the draconians (as monsters only.) If I have time, I'll try and post my notes.
    It is the spirit of the game, not the letter of the rules, which is important. Never hold to the letter written, nor allow some barracks room lawyer to force quotations from the rule book upon you [...] YOU ARE CREATOR AND FINAL ARBITER.
    E. G. Gygax, Dungeon Masters Guide, 1979.

Count me in! I've made quite a few conversions by now, some of them already posted, so I'll keep submitting them.

It would be helpful to have a plan of what you think you need. Considering that we got more Dragonlance references in 5e than in any other version of the game, at least from my point of view the only thing that really needs addressing are monster stats for draconians and a few other dragonlance-specific critters, and PC stats for kender. Personally I am happy with the content of the core books and the SCAG.
    It is the spirit of the game, not the letter of the rules, which is important. Never hold to the letter written, nor allow some barracks room lawyer to force quotations from the rule book upon you [...] YOU ARE CREATOR AND FINAL ARBITER.
    E. G. Gygax, Dungeon Masters Guide, 1979.