Thread: First Dragon War Timeline

Default First Dragon War Timeline

What was the reasoning behind moving the 3900-3550 PC date to 3500-3350 PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Awbauer View Post
    What was the reasoning behind moving the 3900-3550 PC date to 3500-3350 PC?
    A reasoning? I think it was because of the novel The Dragons. That started around 3811 PC, when good dragons fought the the evil dragons and ogres gathering their forces. 3500-3350 AC only dealt with when elves entered the war.

It's kinda saying that WWII started in December 8, 1941. Sure, Americans entered the war in December 8, 1941, but to the Europeans, feel it's 1 September 1939, when German invaded Poland. If you ask some old japanese and chinese veterans, the great war started in 1937 when they started fighting.

Edit: ARGH. Terrible typo. Corrected date of US entering WWII
    Last edited by Weldon Chen; 10-10-2017 at 09:09 PM.
    Fanwank
    Formerly from Wikipedia, circa 2006-7,
    A fanwank is [...] an attempt by fans of a work of fiction to explain or justify plot holes or continuity errors, often through convoluted contrivances...

Very interesting and makes sense, I like that answer. On the lexicon it says it was "changed in the Dragonlance Campaign Setting to better allow use of the Graygem.' How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Weldon Chen View Post
    A reasoning? I think it was because of the novel The Dragons. That started around 3811 PC, when good dragons fought the the evil dragons and ogres gathering their forces. 3500-3350 AC only dealt with when elves entered the war.

It's kinda saying that WWII started in December 8, 1942. Sure, Americans entered the war in December 8, 1942, but to the Europeans, feel it's 1 September 1939, when German invaded Poland. If you ask some old japanese and chinese veterans, the great war started in 1937 when they started fighting.
    US entered WWII in December 1941, not '42. The conflict in Asia/Pacific and Europe started seperately and merged into on single conflict we know now as the Second World War when the US and Germany declared war on each other. Unlike WWI in 1914 (in which the US also entered late in 1917) which was kicked off by a single act of terrorism in the assassination of the Arch-Duke of Austria, the way WWII came to be was more complicated.

But yes, there are understandably different points of view when chaos starts. Epecially if it is happening to you, you tend to forget others.
    Last edited by DaemonAngel; 10-10-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaemonAngel View Post
    US entered WWII in December 1941, not '42. The conflict in Asia/Pacific and Europe started seperately and merged into on single conflict we know now as the Second World War when the US and Germany declared war on each other. Unlike WWI in 1914 (in which the US also entered late in 1917) which was kicked off by a single act of terrorism in the assassination of the Arch-Duke of Austria, the way WWII came to be was more complicated.
    Ack. My mistake. Yeah. The day after the Pearl Harbor attack was in 1941. Don't I feel stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DaemonAngel View Post
    But yes, there are understandably different points of view when chaos starts. Epecially if it is happening to you, you tend to forget others.
    I wish I could look up my sources. Someone, please look up the timeline in the Dragons of Fury SAGA game book. There's a timeline in that book which should help us follow the dragons' perspective.
    Fanwank
    A fanwank is [...] an attempt by fans of a work of fiction to explain or justify plot holes or continuity errors, often through convoluted contrivances...

Quote Originally Posted by Weldon Chen View Post
    I wish I could look up my sources. Someone, please look up the timeline in the Dragons of Fury SAGA game book. There's a timeline in that book which should help us follow the dragons' perspective.
    Wings of Fury book states 3500-3350 PC as The Dragon War which is how the dragons saw it; the time that the metallics of Paladine and chromatics of Takhisis first discovered each others exsistance. According to the booklet, the Dragon War should not be confused with the All Dragons War which happeaned during the Age of Starbirth. Which I'm guessing was part of the larger All Saints War in which the dragons involved there were precursers too the later two catagories that Krynn would come to know.

Side Note: I couldn't sleep and I was bored when I did this post.

because of the novel The Dragons. That started around 3811 PC, when good dragons fought the the evil dragons and ogres gathering their forces. 3500-3350 AC only dealt with when elves entered the war.

Wings of Fury book states 3500-3350 PC as The Dragon War which is how the dragons saw it; the time that the metallics of Paladine and chromatics of Takhisis first discovered each others exsistance.

Now I'm confused lol

Quote Originally Posted by Awbauer View Post
    because of the novel The Dragons. That started around 3811 PC, when good dragons fought the the evil dragons and ogres gathering their forces. 3500-3350 AC only dealt with when elves entered the war.

Wings of Fury book states 3500-3350 PC as The Dragon War which is how the dragons saw it; the time that the metallics of Paladine and chromatics of Takhisis first discovered each others exsistance.

Now I'm confused lol
    Uggg. sorry for the confusion. The one problem with all by dragonlance stuff in moving boxes is that I can't get to them on occasions such as this.

Awbear, simply bear in mine that we have several timelines,
    Dragonlance Adventures c1987, (reprinted in Leaves from the Inn of the Lost Home)
    Time of the Dragon c1989,
    Tales of the Lance Boxed Set c1992
    Wings of Fury c1998
    Dragonlance Campaign 2003.

Somewhere in all that, is my own timeline which definitely says 3900 PC - 3350 PC.

Honestly I don't know if I was influenced by the 3900PC date or the writers of DLCS were influenced by me when I changed my timeline to the 3900PC date. It's very much like a "Chicken and the Egg."
    Fanwank