Thread: Dragonlance Canticle #96: Kender

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dragonlance Canticle #96: Kender

In this episode, the gang talks all things kender. So gear up, check your belt-pouches and swing your hoopak!

Hosts: Chuck, Ed, Tim, John, and special guest host Devyn!

Dragonlance Canticle #96: Kender
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Put me in the camp that was slightly disappointed to see Tas and Raistlin in War of Souls. Most of this comes from the fact that i was so interested with the new characters and plot lines, I didn't want to see them brought back. We already had some kind of closure with both.

And Dark Disciple did everything right IMO, both with Kender and the overall direction for Dragonlance in general.

As for Kender PCs you guys hit the nail on the head. Its bad players, not an overall issue with the Kender race. It just gives these kinds of players an excuse to act that way. If Kender weren't there they would just find another way.
    "And me being strictly neutral I bashed everyone in sight!"

1. Where is all that information about Hylo? I'm clearly missing some good source material on kender.

2. I really think bad kender play is on the DM. The DM simply needs to not allow the kender to be a klepto. If a player asks to steal from another PC, ask them if they are a cut purse. Its a huge insult to kender and proves they won't intentionally steal. Ask the PC if they are attempting to "find" things like kender do. If they say yes, give them crap kender would be interested in. An interesting shaped rock, a belt buckle, a loose button, thread, a 2.5 leaf clover, a bent spoon, etc. There is no reason to allow a PC to rob other PCs.

Also, a couple points. I could barely hear chuck this whole episode. Every time I would turn it up to hear him I would get blasted by the next persons voice.
    "And me being strictly neutral I bashed everyone in sight!"

When Chuck takes the red pill, he wakes up in Kendermore.
    "Here's to the successful end of another stupid and poorly planned adventure." Aram Anni-Padda