Thread: Forgotten DragonHawk

Default Forgotten DragonHawk

Around … 2000? … there was a WotC April Fool’s Day gag about how they were going to merge FR, DL, and GH into a single setting. Anyone have any idea where to find it, or have any recollections?

Quote Originally Posted by Falconer View Post
    Around … 2000? … there was a WotC April Fool’s Day gag about how they were going to merge FR, DL, and GH into a single setting. Anyone have any idea where to find it, or have any recollections?
    I remember the joke from the late 90s that they were going to reveal that FR and GH were two sides of the same planet, on the old tsrinc.com site.
    Matthew L. Martin, Chronicler of the Martinian Canon, the Anti-Canon, Desolate Krynn and numerous other 'wrong' versions of Krynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconer View Post
    I kinda remember it. Wasn't there a map? Well, in any case, fans made newer maps. I'm a bit insulted for Ansalon on how small it is compared to other continents.
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/224/5...61ac34d3_o.png
    Fanwank
    Formerly from Wikipedia, circa 2006-7,
    A fanwank is [...] an attempt by fans of a work of fiction to explain or justify plot holes or continuity errors, often through convoluted contrivances...

Quote Originally Posted by Weldon Chen View Post
    I kinda remember it. Wasn't there a map? Well, in any case, fans made newer maps. I'm a bit insulted for Ansalon on how small it is compared to other continents.
    "Size matters not." And I speak as someone whose favorite D&D setting could mostly fit into Pennsylvania.
    Matthew L. Martin, Chronicler of the Martinian Canon, the Anti-Canon, Desolate Krynn and numerous other 'wrong' versions of Krynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Weldon Chen View Post
    Is that to scale? If so, wow is GH huge.

Quote Originally Posted by ITA_CRX View Post
    Supposedly. But then, I'm one of those guys who might say your mile and my mile may not be the same length. Just like a martian day is not the same length of time as a Earth day. but them I'm biased.
    Fanwank
    Formerly from Wikipedia, circa 2006-7,
    A fanwank is [...] an attempt by fans of a work of fiction to explain or justify plot holes or continuity errors, often through convoluted contrivances...

Quote Originally Posted by ITA_CRX View Post
    The biggest landmass on the right seems split between: the Known World from Basic/Expert D&D (the southern portion); Forgotten Realms's Faerun (the northwestern bit); and Greyhawk's Flanaess (northeastern bit.) If everything is to scale, the Known World is definitely bigger than Faerun and Flanaess.
    Last edited by Turambar; 08-30-2017 at 03:19 AM.
    It is the spirit of the game, not the letter of the rules, which is important. Never hold to the letter written, nor allow some barracks room lawyer to force quotations from the rule book upon you [...] YOU ARE CREATOR AND FINAL ARBITER.
    E. G. Gygax, Dungeon Masters Guide, 1979.