Thread: Fate of the Device of Time Journeying

Default Fate of the Device of Time Journeying

Okay, so I'm trying to remember where the Device of Time Journeying was at the end of Dragons of Summer Flame. Presumably it was in Tasslehoff's possession when he got squished by Chaos, but does the novel actually ever say who had it or what happened to it at the end of the novel?
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

I suppose he had to have it on him, since he goes forward to the War of Souls until he finally uses it to go back to that moment to die. I would say you would need to either assume that it was destroyed by Chaos or, I would vote, that given the whole Raistlin/Gods aspect of his travelling that one of them probably snatched it up to either keep it safe or allow it to be rediscovered when it's needed. I don't think there's any indication in the novels one way or another though.

Note: It's been a while since I've read those books....

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

That's kind of what I thought too, jake. Also, given that its an artifact that tends to come and go on its own there's probably as good a chance that it vanished before Chaos stepped on Tas as it is that it got broken.

Basically, its open-ended. That's kind of the answer I was hoping for. For reasons.

Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Those "reasons" better have something to do with our game.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain