Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: DL 4 Dragons of Desolation; IC; Chapter 4

Default Rough

Has been his own version of delighted being able to partake in the hospitality of the dwarves. He is happy to trade and refill his flasks. He spends the time leading up to the council doing what he can to move among the dwarves and learn what he can from them, gathering information, sharing with them news of their cousins he has had so many years dealing with, what is happening in the outside world, and when he finds a willing ear, the return of the gods.

Once they are in council, he remains quiet and listens, but keep his mind keenly focused on the happenings, once more acting as a translator for his companions when necessary.
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse

"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

In the halls of Thorbardin, Somewhere in the Kharolis Mountains; Mid-Morning of 23 (October), 351 AC

While Thorn asks to be granted permission to return the Helm of Grallen to a resting place in the Valley of the Thanes and everyone else stands respectfully; forgetting for a moment of the 800 or so refugees they brought with them to Thorbardin; Maxavel clears her throat and mentions this; along with the trials and tribulations that brought them all to this place; to the Thanes in a polite manner, asking for their permission in keeping them in safety inside their formidable mountain fortress. The Thanes begin speaking with each other excitedly at this; with the Theiwar Thane CLEARLY not wanting any part of it, while the others are; at best; skeptical of the idea of bringing such a large number of a foreign race inside their lands. Eventually, Hornfel stands and with a gesture, he shushes the others....

"Thorn Stoneshield of the Daewar, you have our permission to carry the Helm of Grallen to his resting place in the Valley of the Thanes; my son Arman Kharas will show you the way and our thanks for bringing such a great artifact back to its rightful place of rest. As for your request for us to house such a large number of human refugees....well, the last time a large number of refugees came to our doors asking for such help, a terrible war erupted. However, we cannot let ancient hatreds or grudges rule us in this day and age. However, as some of my fellow Thanes have mentioned; there is no immediate way for us to know if your intentions are honorable or not; so I therefore a propose a test. It is said that the Hammer of Kharas; a weapon and tool of ancient times; blessed by the long-lost Clerics of Reorx himself; lies somewhere in the Valley of Thanes. If all that you say is true; it would seem that you are all quite capable of succeeding in such a quest to find this relic. If you do and return it to us; we will allow your people to stay here in Thorbardin and we will protect them and feed them as long as they are willing to help out to the best of their abilities. If you do NOT find the Hammer....well; I'm afraid your people will be forced outside of our Mountain Kingdom and left to fend for themselves. These are our terms." He sits back down and watches you all closely, awaiting an answer....

Maxavel

Max is visibly disappointed in the decision of the Thanes but tries hard to not let it taint her words. "This test, as you call it, seems a bit like a fool's errand." She stops and raises her hand to silence any complaints. "That said, if this Hammer of Kharas is the price we must pay for your assistance, then we will deliver."

"I only ask two things. First, allow the refugees to stay until we return.

Second, on a personal note, I would like the opportunity to speak with any newly found clerics within this mountain."

Thorn makes a friendly suggestion "How bout if ya aint happy ta let the tall folk live in the upper cave yah allow em ta settle down outside aint like any of em can open the secret entrance any way less they got one of us with em." however puzzling about the hammer and thinking it over plus listening to what Maxavel is saying ​"As fer the hammer it might be a fools errand but I'm up ta the challenge. Either way."
    True Treasure
    In life there are three real treasures: loving partners, true friends and your brightest dreams. The trick is to avoid losing them along the way.
    ~ Elminster of Shadowdale
    Runes on a Rock
    published in the year of the Morningstar

Default Gilthanias

Bows to the Thanes. Your honorable Thanes our intentions are most honorable. As I am the prince of Qualinesti, my father is Speaker of the Suns. My family is most honorable. We shall go in search of your Hammer. But may I asked how the hammer was lost?

Default Rough

Spends most of his time translating back and forth. Speaking for Max and the Elves as well to give the dwarves the benefit of hearing another voice that just Thorn. He does look at Max with a bit of alarm but offers her words as she spoke them, knowing dwarves expect what could only be called "pure honesty" so he doesn't misrepresent any the individuals either way. He is worried that they may be taken as making demands. He looks back and forth between the council and his companions, his brow raised as if to say, ​please, be careful here.
    Brett
    ~A.K.A. Bluehorse

"A trap is only a trap if you walk into it before you see it" ~Flint Fireforge

Rough Human / NG / Ranger lvl: 6 / Maxvale's Classic War of the Lance Campaign (DL Nexus)

Default Gilthanias

Seeing the worry in the ranger face. ​We only ask so that we may know what dangers we face.

Default Gerald

Gerald follows the conversation between his companions and the thanes. He is excited at the prospect of going on a proper quest.