Thread: RIP Devildog

Default RIP Devildog

I just found out that a fellow Dragonlance fan has died. His name was Rob, and he used to post here as Devildog. I'm sure some of you remember him.

Rob was the very first person I met in the flesh from these forums. We arranged to meet at The Ram in Indy for GenCon. I waited and waited.... nothing. Then, just as I'm about to leave, I notice a guy wearing a DL hat. I summon my courage to ask if his name is Rob - and it was!

He went on to take one of my favourite photos, just after I got to meet Margaret and Tracy for the first time. If you look close, you can tell I've been crying...

Always thought we'd get the chance to meet up again and have a beer. Rest in peace, friend. xxx
    Sitting on Cyan...

Khaisai recommends: Film - Horns Music - The Beards Book - As You Wish

Very sad news.

Margaret

Very sad. I hope his friends and family are doing okay.

To you, Devildog!

Seriously; what's the point of being a minotaur if you're not going to skewer something, anything, on those beautiful horns....

Quote Originally Posted by Khaisai View Post
    I just found out that a fellow Dragonlance fan has died. His name was Rob, and he used to post here as Devildog. I'm sure some of you remember him.

Rob was the very first person I met in the flesh from these forums. We arranged to meet at The Ram in Indy for GenCon. I waited and waited.... nothing. Then, just as I'm about to leave, I notice a guy wearing a DL hat. I summon my courage to ask if his name is Rob - and it was!

He went on to take one of my favourite photos, just after I got to meet Margaret and Tracy for the first time. If you look close, you can tell I've been crying...

Always thought we'd get the chance to meet up again and have a beer. Rest in peace, friend. xxx
    Rest in Peace.
    Fanwank
    Formerly from Wikipedia, circa 2006-7,
    A fanwank is [...] an attempt by fans of a work of fiction to explain or justify plot holes or continuity errors, often through convoluted contrivances...

I didn't know Rob, but I remember when he used to post. The forum community was a lot more active in those days. Khaisai's story got me trying to remember who the first person I met in the flesh from this wonderful little community of ours was and I'll be damned if I can't remember. I've probably met a half-dozen folks or so from the boards since I joined up twelve (!) years ago and at least one of them I would count among my best friends. I'm not really sure where I was going with this. Appreciate the people you've got, I guess.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Cheers.

Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Its been too long. I recognize the name but man, whatever. Sad sad news. RIP, Rob. You sound like a great person.
    BŁndesphar | Mage-Slayer | Assassin for Hire | Spellslinger | Unaligned | Medium humanoid

"He Who Chases Death."

Semper Fi, Devildog. This is very sad. Does anyone know if he passed away on active duty? Man, life is so short. :(
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

I know I'm late to this, but my condolences to Devildog's friends and family.

It's sad when we lose one of our own. I'm glad that he was part of our Dragonlance family.
    Trampas Whiteman
    ---DragonHelm--->

Long Live the Lance!

"Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Dragonlance Nexus!"
    -David "Big Mac" Shepheard

Very sad news indeed. My sympathies to the family and friends.