Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Intercontinental Trade on Krynn

Quote Originally Posted by ITA_CRX View Post
    Teyr would need a port, and some sort of navy.

So, probably not Teyr. Minotaurs are more likely, they have a seafaring tradition and are abusive towards weaker races and slaves, so they tend to kill them quickly creating a large need.
    Yeah. I am clearly thinking about my personal timeline where Teyr successfully completed their flying citadels, and could conquer Noordmaar and thus had sea ports, spelljamming ports, and so forth. Nevermind.

Problem is, like Ferratus said, its far more probable that Taladas finds Ansalon.
    Then flip it. Personally, I think the Tarmak are the best probable group that would attack, and enslave Ansalonian, and Taladan villagers.

So, who in Taladas would start coastal raids to get slaves?
    Well, I avoided Taladas as the kidnappers, simply because Chris Pierson nearly destroyed everything. Thenol was defeated by the League. League was crushed by an earthquake. Northern Hosk's Hordes were killed. (which leaves the women and children ripe for enslavement). Armach elves were nearly killed off by the ghoulish Marak Kender. The Yaggol of Neron are severely hurt. The Rainward isles were partially nuked. the Gnomes of the Lava Sea were killed by the fire minions. I tend to think of the League is best group to do anything. They have minotaurs, and therefore the ships to cross the ocean. Individual faction leaders might invest in slaver ships, but I'm doubtful simply because the leader has to be rich enough to build the ships and defend against the other factions. But I guess the final survivor for the league's thrown can organize his nation into attacking Ansalon for slaves.

It seems like a trope, but in my 4e adventures, I had the newly reformed knights of Neraka properly organized to enslave both Ansalon and Taladas. In my adventures, they rebuilt their forces by enslaving islanders who built flying citadels. I'm sure the knights could raid a coastal village, transport the slaves to an island, and tell them to build. The slaves become reliant on the knights for food, tools, and equipment to survive, and build more ships.
    Fanwank
    Formerly from Wikipedia, circa 2006-7,
    A fanwank is [...] an attempt by fans of a work of fiction to explain or justify plot holes or continuity errors, often through convoluted contrivances...

Quote Originally Posted by Weldon Chen View Post
    Well, I avoided Taladas as the kidnappers, simply because Chris Pierson nearly destroyed everything. Thenol was defeated by the League. League was crushed by an earthquake. Northern Hosk's Hordes were killed. (which leaves the women and children ripe for enslavement). Armach elves were nearly killed off by the ghoulish Marak Kender. The Yaggol of Neron are severely hurt. The Rainward isles were partially nuked. the Gnomes of the Lava Sea were killed by the fire minions. I tend to think of the League is best group to do anything. They have minotaurs, and therefore the ships to cross the ocean. Individual faction leaders might invest in slaver ships, but I'm doubtful simply because the leader has to be rich enough to build the ships and defend against the other factions. But I guess the final survivor for the league's thrown can organize his nation into attacking Ansalon for slaves.
    This is what I was looking for and I think it fits even better with Ferratus' plan.

Ferratus' plan was for 100 years after Rise of Solamnia which fits perfectly with a 100 years post Taladas trilogy. If Taladas was wrecked, there is a power vacuum where a bunch of Despots take over individual areas. They would then lead the charge to get slaves to continue to rebuild and/or grow their power. The best part is the boats don't have to start as quality ships, heck, if 50% are lost at sea no biggie. It would fit in with the idea that Tyrants are running the place and would make the reward for bringing back slaves better.

Repost of mine from another thread The Accord of Two Emperors: The Minotaur Imperium (Ansalon) and the Minotaur League. (Taladas) agree to focus their respective expansion to their respective hemispheres. Setting the equator as the dividing line.

I can see the two powers coming to some agreement were minotuar slave traders agree to export their "stock" to each other's respective continent.