Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5e Dragonlance?

Default 5e Dragonlance?

When D&D 5th was released my understanding from Hasbro regarding default setting was that ALL settings are now considered default and the Planescape Great Wheel cosmology was making a comeback. Since that time their release of books has been depressingly dismal, as oppose to say FFG with Star Wars and aside from one adventure set in Ravenloft, the rest of the adventure books take place in Forgotten Realms. Since I've stopped buying 5e books is there anything they've done for Dragonlance 5e that I'm missing? Or for that matter any other classic setting? They might have well said Forgotten Realms was their default setting. I'm okay with that, but I feel somewhat deceived here.

Nothing official but some mentions here and there. We, however, made some.

http://dragonlancenexus.com/rulescat...s/dnd5e-rules/
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post

Hard to believe there is nothing official after all this time. Thanks.
    Last edited by Dragonhelm; 05-04-2017 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Fixed a formatting problem. - DH

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post

broken link?

Dragonlance gets a mention in the Tales from the Yawning Portal, and gives locations of the places where these dungeons can be found. Fairly good choices too, obviously made because someone is familiar with Sean MacDonald's map from Tasselhoff's map pouch.

I wouldn't hold my breath for an official sourcebook. The current theme is publishing module books, which contain some sourcebook info scattered in the book, not sourcebooks.

I'd look forward to it in 6th edition...

I'm about to start a 5E Dragonlance game. I was mentioning the idea to a group of friends, and one of them started jumping up and down shouting "Oh my god I LOVE Dragonlance it's been ages!" and the rest of them got drawn along by the enthusiasm. I've got a table of 7 who are raring to go for a 2E-feel.

Running a Chronicles-era game means dropping almost half the races/classes from 5E, but we're okay with this, because so far none of us have ever really understood the appeal of some of the newer-fangled stuff. If anyone wanted to review the changes/house rules/etc and comment on them (especially the thing where I'm trying to bolt Fate RPG-style Aspects onto D&D), I'd love to have the feedback.

With that many people at a table I'd be trying to keep the rules as simple as possible rather than adding a lot of house rules, but if you can handle it have fun.

I have found 5E to be a great system to run. I think they simplified all of the right things.

You'll have to post about how your campaign goes.

Seven is a lot, but I find that for me it's a sweet spot - my 7-player games go smoother than my 4-player games, and if I have players who routinely can't make it, I scale up to 8 or 9 nominal players in order to aim for 7 actually at the table.

As to whether I can handle juggling this many things - I don't know, but I'm sure as shinola gonna find out.