Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 204

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VIII: Jaws of the Sarlacc

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,509

    Default

    "The others are right." She said. The words turned to ash in her throat. She was so close, she could get to him easily, but there was more than one life at stake. Brave men and women in the ships above them were resigned to death at the hands of the Empire, and if the rebel force were overwhelmed, she would not allow them to die for her personal wishes. "We need to bring the defense platform under our control." She unclipped the hilt of her lightsaber from its ring on her belt and jabbed the activation plate with one thumb. A fiery, opalescent jet of light sprang up, thrumming and whining in the quiet hanger bay. "Let's go."

    At the very least, she would make Nessa Soth answer for her actions, Force willing.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,639

    Default

    As Shayle set up diversions, alarms sounded around the station. He also rerouted several groups of Imperial Security Droids. They had a clear path for now. The colonel relayed the information to Kenobi, who spoke to the group as a whole over the comlink.

    “Understood. We encountered resistance here as well, suffering light casualties,” the elder jedi master confirmed. “We’ll head to the detention center. Master Tahla…be on your guard. I have a bad feeling about this…”

    At that Kenobi signed off. The doors to the shuttle hangar hissed open, and they encountered abandoned passageways. Shayle used the map downloaded on his datapad to navigate the labyrinthine twists and turns of the main level, leading deeper into the station. As was consistent with commonly sterile Imperial design, the halls were burnished metal grey and black as the occasional light fixture gleamed sullenly overhead. Finding the main turbolift shaft, they descended down to the reactor level, the heart of the platform.

    When the lift indicator pinged the correct floor, Shayle kept the doors secure for the moment. Despite his best efforts to distract, this hallway was guarded. Once they entered, it would be a firefight. Best to prepare first!

    OOC: Kenobi UtF to Search Your Feelings. Can’t fail.

    Ok, no map yet, but with all the slicing you know this passageway is guarded. I am giving everyone a chance to prepare for the battle. Please post for drawing weapons or activating any powers etc.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,815

    Default

    Alsia did not want to waste time with a fire fight, what they needed was something that would clear the passageway quickly. Unshouldering the grenade launcher, she prepared to do just that.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,695

    Default

    Kadrien gripped his blaster rifle tight and expanded his sense of the Force beyond the door. There was not much he could do about what lay on the other side, but the Force could warn him at least. He once again fell into the Force as he readied for the door to open.

    OOC:
    Swift action to Sense Surrounding to ignore cover and concealment while making a perception check. UtF can't fail.

    Perception:(1) + 14= 15. Using my Zabrak ability to re-roll perception checks:(2) + 14= 16. LOL.

    Another swift to cast Battle Strike:(1) + 18= 19. +1 to attack and + 1d6 damage on next attack.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  5. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,639

    Default

    Kadrien opened himself up to the Force. A cloud of emotion hindered his connection. He knew there to be at least five enemies beyond the turbolift doors, but could not sense their exact locations. He chalked it up to battle angst.

    OOC: Jake, it's a DC20 UtF check to see guys with Total Cover, which is what they have since the door is closed. Sorry!
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    Shayle drew out his blaster with one hand and a frag grenade with the other. He watched Alsia draw out her grenade launcher and smiled, things were about to get messy. "When the doors open there's no turning back. Good luck and may the force be with you." He said as he waited in anticipation for the turbo lift to open.

    OOC: Draws blaster and frag grenade.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,509

    Default

    Tahla heard her lightsaber growling, its electronic warbling resonance blended with the thrum of the moving lift. Her eyes closed, and she opened herself to the Will of the Force, mentally preparing for what lay outside the doors.

    OOC: Tahla will use Serenity as a full round action. Her next attack roll or UtF check will be treated as a natural 20.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,639

    Default Reactor Access Corridor

    The lift doors opened, and a long, narrow corridor with bulkheads protruding from each side stretched before them. There were ample places providing cover for unseen threats.

    At the far end was massive blast doors; radiation warnings emblazoned on them denoting main reactor access. An E-Web heavy repeating blaster cannon was placed in front of the doors, ready to spew laser fire to deter anyone from entering. One strormtrooper sat at the controls.

    OOC: All you can see is the trooper with E-web blaster. You guys can kick off the Surprise round by taking one action: a Standard, Move or Swift.

    Rector Access Corridor.jpg

    K=Kadrien, P=Alsia, S=Shayle, T=Tahla, S=Elite Stormtroopers, Big P=Purge Trooper
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,695

    Default

    Kadrien's hand flew up almost by instinct and he pushed outward with the Force, flinging the E-Web blaster into the troopers face. "Spread out," he told the others.

    OOC:
    Kadrien will Move Object on the blaster, attempting to throw it into the trooper behind it.

    UtF:(16) + 18= 34. Spending a force point for an extra 2d6 damage for a total of 10d6.

    10d6:(35)= 35 damage.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,639

    Default

    The cannon flung at its operator, colliding to the deck in a knot of stormtrooper armor and gun metal.

    OOC: UtF success. Stormtrooper Gunners takes 35 damage and is -1 down the track.

    Still everyone else in the Surprise Round.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •