Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VIII: Jaws of the Sarlacc

Once the blasting had stopped, Shayle gathered his things including his new security kit, he wouldn't be caught on cameras again. They've learned from past mistakes. As they got to the blast doors, Shayle pulled out his data pad and hooked up into the scomp link and began to do what he did best. First he had to gain access to the computer system so he tapped diligently into his pad trying to make his codes the access needed to operate the system. He knew it might take time but he would get it... he had to.

OOC: Begin slicing the system, turn off alarms, them surveillance systems.

Use Computer 1d20(11)+19= 30, Might use a force point... 2d6(1,6) will take the 6 for a modified 36
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 05-26-2017 at 09:43 AM.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Shayle expertly disabled the alarm and lifeform sensors after a moment of work. The Bothan noted that he made the correct decision as the scanning system was incredibly sophisticated. Luckily it was droid-monitored and his work went undetected for the moment.

OOC: DC31 check to disable alarms and sensor, success. This took about two rounds of time.

Spas, if you want information, you'll have to spend time Improving Access.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

"I'll stay here and keep the hangar clear of Imps," ACE said as Shayle popped the blast doors open. "When you're ready to make your escape your ships will be ready and waiting for you."

OOC -
    I've got to duck out again for a bit, but ACE will be back for the finale! Ed, I will stay in my ship and blast anyone who comes in here.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Alsia eases the Objects down and carefully pops out the back hatch. The area was clear. She shoulders her new grenade launcher and spray stick, with her blaster on her hip. It was time to move. She gave a final pat to the Objects and moved forward.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Shayle looked at the others once the alarm stopped. "We need more information about this place and the project. I'll need a few minutes here to try and hack the system. Everyone just be on the lookout." He started in again on his datapad, tapping furiously trying to hack his way through firewall after firewall. He knew this would be no easy task and hoped his skills were as good as he thought they were.

OOC: Use computer to change the attitude of the computer... I'm sure it's hostile. Not sure how many use Computer checks but he's aiming to make it helpful... I'll roll 4 just in case (Hostile to unfriendly, unfriendly to indifferent, indifferent to friendly and friendly to helpful)

1d20(17)+19= 36... burning a force point 2d6(5,1), taking the 5 for a modified 41
    1d20(13)+19= 32... another force point 2d6(1,4), taking the 4 for a modified 36
    1d20(13)+19= 32
    1d20(14)+19= 33

Or if it's easier... can I use a destiny point to automatically make it helpful after several minutes?
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Shayle loaded up a spike that temporarily overloaded the system firewall. From there it was easy work completely circumventing the security protocols.

OOC: Destiny points works perfectly. I will reduce it off the sheet. Sorry for the delay folks. Was out of town until last night.

The computer is Helpful. What do you want to know Spas?

Default Decisions...

Shayle found a wealth of information to absorb, but kept it high level. With parameters relative to the mission, he focused on seizing control of the platform. The most glaring bit of intelligence was the shutdown main command bridge. There was a control override to an auxiliary bridge near the main reactor. Security was tight there, but with no alarms going off, it was a relatively safe journey with the station on lockdown during red alert.

Another bit of information the Bothan gleaned were the override command codes locked by two individuals: High Inquisitor Nessa Soth and Captain Adrian Verana! In the peripheral, Shayle scanned the detention center prisoner list. Bran Kota’s name was listed in the maximum security area. The issue was the detention center and the main reactor were too far apart to hit both. They did have another team here, though…

OOC: Ok, what's the call? Go to the auxiliary bridge near the main reactor, or head after Bran in the detention center? Remember you have comms with General Kenobi's team.

I am ruling that Shayle shared this information with everyone to keep game open and going.

Talk among yourselves.

A look of concern comes over Alsia's face, "I dont think we have a choice. We must get to the control room." She glanced at Tahla knowing the inner struggle going on inside the jedi. "Master Kenobi could reach him..." She offered.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

"I agree," Kadrien said. It hurt to admit, but for the moment they had something more important than Bran. "We need to control this station as soon as possible. Sir," he said to Shayle, "We should continue on and advise General Kenobi to hit the brig. Any chance you could throw up some false alerts all over the station to try to clear both our paths?"

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

While Shayle relayed the information to the group, he had to agree with Alsia and Kade. He didn't like the fact they couldn't do both but he had to resign one of the tasks to General Kenobi and securing the station was their prime directive, he was worried Tahla would go off on her own though. He nodded to Kade and Alsia. "I have to agree, we need to get this under our control then if need be we save Bran if General Kenobi is unsuccessful. I'll see if I can through up a diversion, good idea Kadrien." He began throwing up false alerts on the computer showing two groups of rebels in far different areas of the station. "Lets hope that works. C'mon, we need to move."