Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 202

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VIII: Jaws of the Sarlacc

  1. #191
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,509

    Default

    Tahla leaped to the open cockpit of her Jedi interceptor without the use of a mounting ladder, and dropped in. She fastened the crash webbing across her chest, slapping switches and punching buttons. The control panel of the dagger-sharp craft came to life, and the engines kicked on, washing the wall behind her in a blue glow.

    the Jedi Master tugged at her headset until it was comfortable, and keyed the Luck’s frequency scrambled channel. “Ready.” She reported, as the canopy sealed, filled the cramped cockpit with a low hissing sound.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  2. #192
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,638

    Default Part II: Into the Sarlacc

    The others dashed to their ships, while Kenobi ordered his team to theirs in the adjacent docking bay. The jedi master reached out with the Force, searching his feelings. He then rushed towards the nearest TIE Interceptor at the will of destiny. The whine of repulsor engines filled the hangar as four ships blasted out to move towards attack speeds.

    The comm was ablaze with tactical distress. Apparently the only remaining enemy capital ship was an Imperial Interdictor cruiser. It had used its gravity field to yank the Super Star Destroyer out of hyperspace directly into the fray. Several converted bulk freighters were already destroyed or heavily damaged with no way to jump to safety. Shayle relayed sensor data showing their fighter squadrons as fully engaged defending what was left of the fleet. The stark voice of Garm Bel Iblis came over the comm.

    “Strike team, we see you on our scanners moving to engage. Our technicians have detected the structural damage to the Sarlacc Project’s hull. Its shields are down in that section. You are ordered to fly into the superstructure and detonate its main reactor,” he said among explosions in the background of the Peregrine’s bridge. Sensor data revealed that the Dreadnaught was taking a pounding with shields at third power. “Mr. Zrak, please fly cover for Colonel Wist’lya’s group on their attack run. If they fail, it’s up to you.”

    “Umm, that’s like, your opinion man,” Vordell broke over the comm.

    Zrak’s angry voice shut him down. “Cut the chatter Vordell, you’re out of your element! Roger that Peregrine Actual, we’ll fly cover.”

    Vordell’s Nabooian fighter and the Ace in the Hole formed up with the Jaded Trixster, moving ahead of the main group to take on any opposition as the the Super Star Destroyer dominated their collective viewports. It wasn’t long before two Skipray Blastboats found intercept vectors, the same patrol from before. Zrak and the others veered off to engage, wishing the main group luck. Kenobi’s Interceptor stayed along, watching their six.

    Shayle calculated the navigation vector needed to access the damaged section of the ship to draw the least amount of enemy fire. Emerald turbolasers exploded around them, peeling the freezing temperature of space. Coming about, the gaping wound in the ship grew larger by the second. Small specks flitted around it, looking like debris but revealed to be clusters of spacetroopers scurrying to repair the damage. Proximity alarms also blared as three TIE Interceptors moved head-on to block their way…

    OOC: Kenobi DC15 UtF to Search Feelings, can’t fail.

    Initiatives:

    Imps: 1D20(9) + 12 = 21
    Rebels: 1D20(11) + 11 = 22

    You guys are up!

    Space 1.jpg

    I=Kenobi's TIE Interceptor, J=Jewel of Coruscant, L=Beginner's Luck, O=Objects in Space, S=Spacetrooper Squad, T=TIE Interceptors
    Last edited by rogue; 11-08-2017 at 02:02 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  3. #193
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,509

    Default

    Tahla cut open the comm. “fighter escorts, on me. Let’s clear a path for the Luck.” She shoved the throttle lever forward with her left hand, and jogged the stick with her right. She tapped her right thruster pedal twice, and the Jewel of Coruscant dipped gracefully around the forked nose of the Luck.

    She tapped the control stick, and the lead TIE drifted into the center of her targeting reticle. The thin transparisteel plate of her Heads Up Display lit green, and she heard tone chime in her cockpit speakers behind her head. Staring straight at the eyeball-like viewport across the Black from her, she squeezed the trigger, sending a flurry of blaster bolts at the enemy.

    OOC: Move Action - 1 sq. W, 1 sq. SW, 2 sq. W. Standard action - Attack lead TIE Interceptor 1d20(16)+14=30. Possible Damage 6d10(3,2,1,8,4,10)=28x2=56.
    Last edited by SuperBall; 11-09-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  4. #194
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,638

    Default

    Red energy blazed through space. The lead Interceptor barrel-rolled to evade, but the Force was with the young jedi master. Intense blasts blistered the TIE's reinforced hull, scoring breaches in several places.

    OOC: T1 Pilot check to use Vehicular Combatto negate the attack: 1D20(5) + 18 = 23, failure.
    T1 takes 56 - 10 (DR) = 46 damage and is -1 down the track.

    Space 1.jpg

    So hey, when it's the Imps turns, I'll update the map with numbers. Let's just say the lead TIE is T1. Northernmost TIE is T2 and southern is T3.
    Last edited by rogue; 11-09-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  5. #195
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Alsia pushed the yoke forward to accelerate to attack speed. The Objects responded instantaneously, bringing Alsia nearer to the fighting. They had the jump on these imps and needed to make use of the advantage. Lining up the same TIE, Alsia wasn't as close as she needed to be, switching to missiles, she sent her first wave into the enemy.

    ooc: Move forward 4 squares, attack T1 with missile
    1d20(20)+11 (13-2)=31
    dmg 8d10(49)x2=98x2 (crit)=196 (whelp kind of a wasted roll against an already damaged enemy)
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  6. #196
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,638

    Default

    The Objects broke forward, coming to Tahla's nine. Waiting for a good tone, the targeting computer bleeped a firing solution, and the concussion missile blazed between two fighters to explode with lethal effectiveness. The mini-nuclear explosion vaporized them both in a blinding flash, crushing the opposition.

    OOC: So I'll be nice (again) and reiterate that concussion missiles have a four square splash. We'll say you aimed between T1 and T3. They dead. Good job Elder!

    Still ACE, Kadrien and Shayle to go.

    Space 1.jpg
    Last edited by rogue; 11-13-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  7. #197
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,885

    Default

    This was a bigger dogfight than ACE had ever been a part of in his illustrious career as a pilot and a smuggler. The magnitude of what they were doing here wasn't lost on the self-centered droid. Destroying this super-weapon was everything he and his companions had fought, bled, and been paid and been repaired for. Countless lives hung in the balance. All around ACE ships sparked and exploded. The lives of pilots and their valiant droid navigators and system engineers were snuffed out in the cold void of space in a carefully choreographed ballet of violent moments. If they failed today, they failed the Galaxy.

    ACE couldn't have been happier.

    As Alsia and Tahla obliterated the TIE-fighters blocking their attack run, the red and black plasteel fingers of ACE's smaller right hand drummed excitedly on The Luck's control panel while the big ones steered the ship. Someone may have undone his customized controls while his ship had been on loan to the Rebellion, but one thing hadn't changed. His favorite red button was exactly where it was supposed to be.

    “Strap in gentlemen,” he crooned over the ship's intercom. “Let go say hello!”

    ACE smashed that red button hard enough to break a man's nose. Fortunately, The Beginner’s Luck was made of sterner stuff than your typical meatbag. The droid screeched an old caustic screech as he felt the ship launch forward. His inhuman reflexes and suped-up heuristic processor expertly shot the gap between the two Spacetrooper squadrons as the customized freighter spun wildly towards the gaping maw of the Sarlaac Project. The pilot operated medium laser cannon thrummed with energy and ACE dismissively blasted at the remaining TIE-fighter in his wake.

    OOC -
    Swift Action: Increasing vehicle speed! Using his Full Throttle talent, ACE will take 10 on his Pilot check for a total of 26. That should bump The Luck's speed to 6 squares until the beginning of his next turn.
    Move Action: Six squares dead ahead! That should put us in the tunnel![I]
    Standard Action: Shooting remaining TIE fighter. Attack Roll (d20+5): Natural 20! Hah! Damage (4d10x2) =46 (x2 - for crit) = 92 possible damage.

    Take what shots you can jake, but I'm going to try and get to where we need to be pronto!
    Last edited by Tauren_Kai-Jere; 11-15-2017 at 11:27 PM.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  8. #198
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,638

    Default

    The Beginner's Luck surged forward in a trail of blue ions, guns ablaze. The scarlet energy pierced the nearest interceptor in half a dozen places, heavily damaging it. ACE was back with a vengeance!

    OOC: The Luck moves to current. ACE's attack hits, dealing 92 - 10 (DR) = 82 damage. T3 is -1 down the track.

    Just Kadrien and Shayle to go...

    Space 1.jpg
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  9. #199
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,695

    Default

    "If we make it out of this the oil bath is on me!" Kadrien said into his comm as ACE launched them forward. He waited for the perfect moment before swinging his laser cannons around at the nearby TIE fighter. Shayle fed him targeting data which he used to adjust him aim slightly and he fired. Out of the corner of his eye Kade could see the looming hulk of the Sarlaac project and hoped they could do enough to stop this thing.

    OOC:
    Per Ed, I'm going to assume that Shayle uses the aid another action: DC 10 computers check can't fail. Kade get's a +2.

    Attack:(19) + 13 +2 +2 = 36
    damage:(23) x2= 46
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  10. #200
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,638

    Default End Round 1 - Begin Round 2

    Kadrien followed up with another blast that destroyed the remaining fighter, opening the way forward. Mostly opening, anyway. Two squads of spacetroopers still made to intercede.

    “This is why I hate flying,” came over the com as Kenobi’s interceptor closed the gap to fire quad laser cannons. Out of range, the emerald blaze passed harmlessly, absorbed by the tough hull of Project Sarlaac.

    In the cockpit of the Luck, proximity klaxons blared against multiple missile lock warnings. Those troopers were carrying proton torpedo launchers! Two blue streaks soared towards the YT-1300, as ACE attempted a starboard bank to evade. The maneuver failed and two explosions buffeted the ship. Thankfully the shields and armored hull absorbed most of the damage, scoring a few secondary systems. Shayle watched the shields sink almost to two thirds charge. They couldn’t sustain constant fire like that for long…

    OOC: As discussed, Shayle makes a DC10 Use Computer to Aid Kadrien with his attack.

    Kadrien destroys T3.

    Kenobi moves to current and attacks S2: 1D20(4) + 17 – 5 (range) = 16, miss.

    Imperials turns:

    S1 attacks the Luck with portable proton torpedo launcher: 1D20(17) + 14 = 31, potential hit.
    ACE Pilot to evade with Vehicular Combat: 1D20(5) + 11 = 16, failure.
    6D10(33) + 2 = 35 x 2 = 70 – 45 (SR) – 15 (DR) = 10 damage, SR = 40

    S2 attacks the Luck with portable proton torpedo launcher: 1D20(15) + 14 = 29, hit.
    6D10(30) + 2 = 32 x 2 = 64 – 40 (SR) – 15 (DR) = 9 damage, SR = 35

    Your turns!

    Space 1.jpg
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •