Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VIII: Jaws of the Sarlacc

Default The Last Stand of Nessa Soth

Regardless of the readiness, the large blast doors hissed open on their own accord; an invitation. Before entering, everyone heard Kenobi’s voice over the comlink.

“Master Tahla, we’ve secured the detention level. Bran is not here. I sense we’ve been dupe…kzzzkzzzzz”

As static flooded the channel, their comms went dead in a jamming signal. With no other way but forward, the rebels crossed the threshold. The auxiliary command bridge was lit by the eerie red light of the main reactor. Standing near the junction between the two chambers was the sinister form of Nessa Soth, her lithe dancer’s figure resplendent in Inquisitors robes. Stormtroopers stood at the ready throughout, and Imperial technicians seemed to work furiously at control panels throughout the chamber.

"Ah welcome, you’ve made it! But you're far too late," she said matter-of-factly. "Here we stand, all the Dejarik pieces on the table. If you throw down your weapons now, I guarantee a quick and painless death. As you can see, we are more than prepared for you."

A large display screen on the other side of the room flickered to life, revealing the stern, traitorous face of Adrian Verana decked out in a white Imperial Admiral’s uniform. "Inquisitor Soth, why aren't those tractor beams offline yet? We're losing valuable men out there."

Nessa offered a small smile.

"In a moment, Admiral, your ship will be free of the station, and I'll dispose of these traitors in plenty of time for you to crush their fleet."

“Well now, what will it be,” she asked after a dramatic pause.

OOC: No map yet. There is Nessa, two squads of stormtroopers and five Imperial technicians in the room.
    Last edited by rogue; 09-18-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Tahla's lightsaber shrieked to life, the white light of the blade pushing against the vermillion gloom. She felt the hilt shudder, and heard the moan of the plasma through the station's recycled air. If they surrendered, their rebellion would die in the throes of its birth. Tahla and the others needed to buy time for the fleet fighting for their lives outside. She heard Admiral Verana's articulate High Galactic accent in her mind, reading off the names of the dead on Polis Massa. She would honor their sacrifice, here and now.

"No." She said, raising her blade into a high guard. She would make her stand here. If the others joined her, she might survive. If they retreated, they might still complete the mission without her, and tying up Nessa would buy them, and the doomed fleet, time.

OOC: after conferring with the DM, Tahla will use this time to activate Serenity.
    Last edited by SuperBall; 08-16-2017 at 05:15 PM.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Somewhere deep down Kadrien had known for a long time that the two of them would end up like this. Brother and sister, light and dark; their confrontation had been inevitable. But that didn't make it any less sad or her any less deadly.

"I'm sorry, sister," he said, using plainer words with her than ever before. "I should have tried to save you from that place, all those years ago. I didn't think I could help you then and I probably can't help you now, either." He reached out to her in the Force and even though he knew it was hopeless, he poured his emotions into it. His childish fear and jealousy of her, his anguish at seeing her now, all of it. The connection was a dangerous one and he fully expected her to lash back at him through it. But who was he if he didn't try?

"The Empire isn't you, Nessa. It never has been. You're no Jedi, but I don't think you're a Sith either. I think I'm the same way. We can be something different, you and I together. Help us here and then let's run. Beyond the Rebellion and the Empire. We can figure out who we are, together." The pleading in his voice was obvious even if there was no real hope behind it. He said the words and he meant them, but he could also feel they were pointless. If he lived through this, though, he knew he would be glad he had said them. Had given her a chance.

OOC:
    Please let me know if any rolls are required here, Ed. I don't expect it to actually be feasible, so I didn't add any.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Alsia began priming her rifle. This wasnt going to end well.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

"You stand here, killing my men and thwarting my every plan to continue walking your supposed high road, dear brother," she called, pulling her own large blaster rifle off her shoulder. Everyone tensed, but no attack came. Nessa Soth just made ready "No, you are a murderer much as I am. Just on the wrong side of history."

"With this ship we will return order to the galaxy. The Emperor has it right. He is your master now, much as I meant him for you months ago before that idiot Draco ruined my plans. Submit or die. As some incentive, your friend Bran is under the Admiral's protection. Perhaps he'll live if you give up..."

"Bran doesn't fear death like you do, Nessa," Kadrien said. "None of us do. Death is just becoming one with the Force." He paused for a long moment. "I hope it brings you peace, sister." And with his final words, Kadrien fired.

OOC:
    I'll add an attack in, but I'm not sure if we get a surprise round or just roll for initiative. Feel free to disregard the attack if we don't get it.

Attack:(17) + 18= 35.
    damage:(20)+13=33.
    Last edited by jake; 08-17-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Default Begin Round 1

Time slowed. Kadrien brought his rifle to bear, noticing the other troopers and even his sister tense, grabbing for their own weapons. The gun spat emerald energy at his last living relative. He felt Nessa reach out with the Force, but no avail. The blast ate through her red robes, grazing her left abdomen. The Sith growled in pain, grasping the wound as the battle began in earnest.

OOC: Initiatives!

Rebels = (15) + 13 = 28
    Imperials = (1) + 14 = 15…hope that’s the last botch I roll this combat.

Kadrien’s attack = 35, potential hit.
    Nessa Soth UtF to Negate Energy 1D20(8) + 19 = 26, failure.
    Nessa Soth takes 33 damage.

Kadrien still has a Move and a Swift action.

Still everyone else to go.

Final.jpg

A = Alsia, K=Kadrien, S=Shayle, T=Tahla, N=Nessa Soth, S1-S3=Elite Stormtrooper Squads, 1-5=Imperial Technicians.
    Last edited by rogue; 08-25-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    "Bran doesn't fear death like you do, Nessa," Kadrien said. "None of us do. Death is just becoming one with the Force." He paused for a long moment. "I hope it brings you peace, sister."
    Tahla barely heard Kadrien's words. They lapped softly against her ears, muted, as though spoken underwater. The darkness behind her eyes was flooded by tenuous, serpentine tendrils of silver and gold as the Force took control. She felt cold rush into her limbs. Stars were born and died in the pit of her stomach. They young Master inhaled euphoria, and exhaled all thoughts of the present, lost in the ecstasy of all knowledge as she allowed the energy field that surrounded all life, and bound the galaxy together to pass through her.

Then Kade squeezed the trigger.

the blaster bolt destroyed the moment. A world of steel and light bled into her brain as her eyes opened. The shriek of controlled energy shook her ears awake to the churn of recycled air, the clip and thrum of a bank of computers, and her lightsaber's predatory rumble. Tahla lifted her arm, stabbing the air in front of Nessa Soth with a single extended finger. "The Living Force will judge what I cannot." She said, releasing the exploding stars inside of her directly at the Inquisitor.

OOC: UtF check to activate Sever Force - 20 from Serenity, +18=38. Nessa cannot spend Force Points for a number of hours equal to her DSS. Every time she uses a Force Power, she goes -2 on the CT.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Nessa screamed as she felt her whole world crumble, connection to the Force horribly reduced for the first time in her adult life.

OOC: Nessa UtF to Rebuke: 1D20(2) + 19 = 21. Failure.

Nessa can't use Force points and moves -2 down the track for each Force power used.

There goes that encounter. Sigh.
    Last edited by rogue; 08-18-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Alsia watched as the brother attacked the sister and in her minds eye, she was thrust back tens of thousands of years as Sith turned on Sith. It was so real that she almost felt like she was there. She was vaguely aware of the fighting and screaming around her and then the stillness in the force hit her. Although she was not the target, she could feel the open wound in the force that was created by the rebuke of Inquisitor Soth. The jarring feeling pulled her back to reality. Her instincts had already raised her rifle to her shoulder, all she had to do was find a target and fire. She lined up the Inquisitor and gently pulled the trigger.

ooc: Bryar Rifle +14 (3d8+6) or (4d8+6 w/ swift action build up)
    attack Soth
    1d20(16)+14+FP(8,5)=38
    4d8(7,8,4,2)+6=27

"It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain