Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VIII: Jaws of the Sarlacc

Default Tending the Wounded

The ragtag assortment of ships came out of hyperspace well off established travel lanes, literally in the dead of space. No planets or nearby stars were present, only cold vacuum. Here the Peregrine ordered any injured the chance to come aboard for medical treatment before the longer jump to Polis Massa, where long-term facilities were available. This would also be goodbye to the smuggler contingents like ACE and Gavin Zrak. As most everyone on the team found some type of injury, they all embarked to the Dreadnaught.

This would be the last time all of them were together, with ACE at the very least heading his own way. The droid was disappointed to find that he lost half his fighter contingent, but became oppositely delighted that Bail Organa would replace each one with a newer, improved craft. Before seeking out the medbay, Kadrien and Bran asked everyone to meet for one final goodbye. There was no Little Temple on the ship, but Senator Bel Iblis offered the remaining jedi a bank of modular multi-purpose compartments. It was four rooms with the ability to join as one for mission overflow and training, a welcome retreat well away from the busier sections of the massive ship.

As the docking operations to take on the wounded had another few hours to completion, the group met together in the disused space. Chairs and portable ops stations and screens were stacked haphazardly in several corners, at first pressing a slight feeling of claustrophobia. Bran quickly opened up the adjoining false bulkheads to increase the room size, then lowered the overhead lighting to something other than levels of medical sterility.

With all gathered, a long moment of silence blanketed their attendance. Feelings of melancholy pervaded the group of friends and allies. The loss of Tahla was all too real. The Bothan Shayle Wist’lya cleared his throat, breaking the awkward quiet.

“…I just wanted to share that Senators Bel Iblis and Organa wanted me to pass on news that they are promoting both Alsia and Kadrien to the rank of Major,” he said, emotion clear in his tone. “And I am to offer commissions to Bran and ACE if you want them at the same rank if your both interested. Congratulations.”

At that, Shayle clammed up again.

OOC: Ok, anyone can post here. Kind of working towards saying goodbye.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-08-2018 at 09:35 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Alsia has refreshed herself and had visited the medbay and although he was feeling much better on the outside, the turmoil inside was apparent on her face. As a Ranger, she had one job, and that was to protect the jedi from themselves and she had failed. And now she was getting promoted. It just didnt seem right. Since being on board the Peregrine, she had been told many times that it wasnt her fault. Including from her sponsor Bel Iblis. She knew they were right but the burn of this particular failure was deep and it would take her time to get over. So she was not excited about the news of the promotion, at the moment she wanted to blame Bran but Alsia knew that it was not his fault. In the end, she just nodded her head. Clearing her throat, she added, "And what of Master Kanobi?"
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

"Master Kenobi hitched a ride with Gavin Zrak back to the Outer Rim," Shayle answered. "He didn't want to make an issue out of his departure. The less who knew about his presence here, the better."

ACE was to busy laughing at Shayle's offer to hear whatever the Bothan was saying about the old Jedi from Tattooine. The droid was fairly certain he could find the withered meat-bag again if he – or any other paying folk – needed to.

“Alsia, I would make you a counter-offer,” the droid piped up. “You could take the military salary and all of the fancy bells and whistles and rules that come with it – or you could come work for me and my shipping company. I can guarantee that the pay is better and it will be way more fun!”

His ocular sensors fixated on her like a beady-eyed mechanical raptor. In the old days his head would have been listing and bobbling all over the place. ACE was far more than an old hermit's patchwork scraps of bad memories now.

“You're my kind of scum young lady,” he said good-naturedly. “Come! Join me and together we will rule the Galaxy!”

The droid struck a dramatic pose, lifting two curled fists on his right side towards the sky, before he sagged at the waist with laughter.

“Seriously though, you don't belong here. Although if any of you ever need my help again you need only ask,” he said. “And pay of course! What do you say?”
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Kadrien nodded at the news of his promotion, thinking about the cost they had paid for it all. Still, it felt good. He listened to ACE's bombastic speach, laughing to himself. It didn't anger him like it would have before. He saw now the Force working through even one such as ACE, and he believed that the droid would manage to bring some good into this galaxy, even if it was only for his own self interest.

He turned to the side and looked at Bran. The boy still bore the scars, both inside and out, of all his many trials. "Well, what do you think?" he asked Bran quietly. He didn't want to disturb ACE and Alsia but Kadiren needed to know what Bran had planned.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

“He’ll take it, if he knows what’s good for him.”

The voice was Tahla’s voice, albeit tinged with a hollow otherworldliness that seemed to bounce around the room. She coalesced in the conjoined compartments that the band had been given, a shade of translucent ethereal energy. She appeared in death much the same way that she had appeared in life: one long blonde braid draped over her shoulder, dressed in the layered formal robes of the Jedi Order.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Bran stood silent and morose through the pronouncements of promotions and posturings of smugglers. It was Tahla's voice and sudden strange appearance that brought him around. He rushed to her spirit-form body, hands reaching forward for embrace. Though they didn't pass through per say, to Bran Tahla felt less than tangible; made of the Force and not any type of organic matter. He hugged her anyway, the places where flesh met energy causing small pops of static electricity.

To ACE, it registered as an illogical supernatural amalgam through his heuristic processor. He'd seen this use of the "Force" and the strange accompanying occurrences, but this toppled the bantha.

"I...didn't want to believe it," he said, stepping back surprised. "Yes, I'll take it. But, how did this happen?"

Once he was done swearing, ACE deliberately approached “Tahla” from behind and attempted to tap her shoulder.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Tahla sensed the droid’s touch. “It’s me, ACE.” She returned Bran’s embrace, more for his comfort than anything else. She didn’t need physical touch to reassure herself of his presence, or his affection. She was one with the Force. She could stretch out across a galaxy’s distance to find him. If she allowed herself, she could sense his thoughts and feelings. She pantomimed her humanity here before them all. She was more powerful than any of them could possibly imagine. She had no need for eyes, yet she looked upon them. She had no need for ears, but she allowed them to speak naturally with their voices. She had no need for their questions, and yet, she answered them. “It is the Will of the Force, Bran. It can be learned, and it can be taught. You and Kadrien are brothers now. Look for others, and take apprentices. The Jedi Order loves through you. The Force will be with you, always.”

As she had appeared, she faded. A thousand pinpricks of light, like minuscule stars swirled where the edges of her shade had once been, and winked out.

OOC: I’m out! I love you guys!
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Alsia has seen some strange things in her life, and this ranked right up there with them. She inclined her hand in deference to the Jedi Master. After the shade of Tahla faded away, there was a pang in her heart as she new that she had failed her calling. However, in that same moment, she knew what she needed to. Turning to Shayle, "I appreciate your confidence in me. But I will be resigning my post with the rebellion and the Rangers." She eyed ACE.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain