Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 199

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VIII: Jaws of the Sarlacc

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,507

    Default

    Tahla sprang out of the turbolift car on the heels of Kadrien's attack. The Force flowed through her, enhancing her natural speed, and the chamber blurred by in her peripheral vision as she bared down on the gunner.

    OOC: Free action to activate Surge. UtF check 20 (Serenity)+18=38. +6 squares of movement. Move action 12 squares W.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,812

    Default

    Alsia closed her eyes for a brief second and focused her energies and will. When she opened them, she felt as though she was protected.

    ooc: spend a force point for damage reduction 10 for 1 minute.
    Last edited by elder; 06-25-2017 at 05:29 AM.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    Shayle watched as the jedi sprung into action and Alsia seemed to be channeling the force as well. He knew there was more than just one trooper and a lone cannon in this hall. He took up a defensive posture in the lift just in case something or someone popped around one of the corners he couldn't see.

    OOC: Standard to fight defensively without attacking.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,636

    Default Begin Round 1

    While the others prepared or bolstered defenses, Tahla barreled forward at a Force enhanced speed. The passageway opened up into the wider corridor, and three more stormtroopers and a towering battle droid were revealed to her left and right. The three-meter tall droid vaguely resembled a death’s-head Imperial armor design. A superheated blade protruded from its wrist with an accompanying rocket launcher emplacement tracking from its shoulder section.

    As the jedi master approached the downed gunner, she noticed the e-web blaster torn asunder on the deck, blocking her way. It seemed Kadrien’s connection to the Force had grown in leaps and bounds similar to her. Regardless of the distraction, there was still a split second edge to the rebels' surprise assault. They had the advantage for now…

    OOC: Everyone does their thing on the surprise round.

    Kadrien’s damage from Move Object basically destroyed the e-web cannon. Pretty cool! Superball, due to the blaster being in the way, I moved Tahla a little differently on the map. It’s considered difficult terrain.

    Initiatives!

    Rebels = 24
    Imperials = 21

    You guys are up again for Round 1!

    Rector Access Corridor 2.jpg

    K=Kadrien, P=Alsia, S=Shayle, T=Tahla, S=Elite Stormtroopers, Big P=Purge Trooper, B=Broken E-Web Cannon
    Last edited by rogue; 06-22-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,693

    Default

    Kadrien moved forward to where the hallway opened and got a better feel for the layout of their enemies. The troopers all had good cover and the large droid was clearly a threat. Focusing on one thing at a time, Kadrien focused on the threat of the troopers. He reached out again with the Force and gripped one trooper tight and attempted to fling him out of his hiding spot and into the other trooper.

    "One of you get into that covered position!" he told Alsia and Shayle behind him.

    OOC:
    Move action 4 squares west, spending a force point to return Move Object to my suite and then using it. Throwing the trooper in the SE corner into the trooper in the NE corner.

    UtF:(7) + 18= 25. Spending another Force Point:(1,5)= 30.
    dmg:(26) = 26.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,507

    Default

    Tahla barely had time to register the stormtroopers hidden in the compartment as she flashed past, too fast to track. Their activities in the hanger bay must have been noticed. It was the massive droid in the corridor that gave her pause. She didn't think that she'd ever seen anything like it. She skidded to a halt, changing her mind mid-stride. The Jedi Master knew that if that mechanical warrior entered the room, it might spell the end for all of them. She turned, and threw herself in its direction, lightsaber upraised, trying to put herself between it and the others."It's a trap!" She warned the others.

    She focused her mind, allowing herself to become a vessel for the Will of the Force. Her body seemed to move of its own accord. She heard the lightsaber murmur expectantly as it fell into position for one perfect attack...

    OOC: Knowledge (Galactic Lore) on the droid - 1d20(8)+13=21. Move Action - 2 squares NE, 1 square N. Acrobatics check to Tumble, avoiding AoO: 1d20(5)+14=19. Pass. Acrobatic strike grants a +2 to Tahla's next attack. Swift Action UtF check to activate Battle Strike - 1d20(3)+18=21. +1 to attack and +2d6 damage. Force point for additional +2d6 damage.

    Standard Action: Attack the Droid, spending a Destiny Point to auto-crit - 1d20(20-destiny point)=20+1(Battle Strike)+17(Rapid Strike)=38. Possible Damage, if Crit: 6d8(6,7,6,3,4,4)=30+18=48+4d6(5,3,2,4)=14+48=62. If not, 31.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Any jail cell of your local town
    Posts
    4,373

    Default

    Shayle watched Kade run out and knew he saw something. Suddenly a stormtrooper flew across the room as Kade reached back out to the force. Shayle would take advantage of that. He rushed out of the turbo lift past Kadrien and into the corner below the soldier. He saw the alcove the two troopers were now in and tossed his grenade into it. "Fire in the hole!" He warned Kadrien and covered his eyes from the blast.

    OOC: Move 4 squares W and 1 square S. Tossing frag grenade into the square of the N stormtrooper.

    Attack 1d20(10)+13+1 (point blank)= 24 will spend a force point to make sure he hits 2d6(6,3) will take the 6 for a modified 30
    If hits damage 4d6(6,6,4,1)+6+1 (PBS)= 24 or 12 points if it misses
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,636

    Default

    Kadrien charged down the passageway only stopping to again propel an entrenched stormtrooper into another. Both crashed together landing on the deck. Shayle was right behind, tossing a grenade that pierced armor and the flesh underneath. Their brilliant teamwork had only grown over fighting together for so long.

    Meanwhile, Tahla changed course to engage the menacing Imperial droid. She’d never seen anything like it before, not during the Clone Wars or any other time in her now storied career as a jedi knight. Regardless, she closed the gap in a series of tumbles and pierced the droid through its chassis. While plunging the blade, she felt resistance, having to strong-arm the focused plasma into its innards. How was that possible? On closer inspection, she noticed the droid’s armor plating lined with a brownish, rocky looking metal. Cortosis, bane of any lightsaber! This would be a tough fight…

    OOC: Kadrien moves to present on the map.
    UtF, success. S1 is moved to current, and both S1 and S2 take 26 damage.

    Tahla moves to current on the map.
    Tahla Galactic Lore is an auto-fail. It’s a Knowledge Technology to know what the droid is.
    Tahla’s attack hits. Due to the droid’s cortosis plating, her attack is still subject to DR.
    62 – 10 = 52 damage to the Purge Trooper.
    Purge Trooper is -1 down the track.

    Shayle moves to current and attacks.
    Attack, success. Both troopers take 24 damage.

    Just Alsia to go!

    Rector Access Corridor .jpg

    K=Kadrien, P=Alsia, S=Shayle, T=Tahla, S=Elite Stormtroopers, Big P=Purge Trooper, B=Broken E-Web Cannon
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,812

    Default

    Alsia took aim at the trooper in site, at the far end of the hall. Bringing the launcher up to site it, "Ha!" She thought to herself, "I just need to be close." She pulled the trigger and let the grenade fly.

    ooc: attack the wall behind the trooper
    1d20(8)+13=21; 4d6(5,6,5,2)+6=24
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,636

    Default End Round 1 - Begin Round 2

    A *woomp* sounded, signaling the grenade that arced down the passageway. It impacted the blast door, peppering the downed gunner with mostly armor-deflected shrapnel.

    With the battle in full swing, the Imperials reacted. Three of the troopers took their feet, beading weapons on target. A crossfire of green blaster energy washed the entire area in light and explosion. Most missed the mark. With eyes on the large droid, a volley escaped Tahla’s lightsaber, scorching the small of the back with a smoking hole in her robes.

    Meanwhile the droid struggled against massive structural damage, swinging a superheated blade through the air. Sparks issued from the hole in its chassis, and the droid stopped mid-motion, almost overheating. Alternative power and redundant systems kicked in, and it recovered from the strange, blocky movement.

    OOC: Alsia’s attack misses to do half damage. Stormtrooper Gunner takes 12 damage.

    Imperials turn:

    S1, S2 and SG take move action to stand.

    S1 attacks Kadrien with blaster rifle: 1D20(9) + 16 + 1(PBR) + 1 (Comrade in Arms) = 28. Burns a Fore point (1,6) = 34, still a miss.

    S2 attacks Shayle with blaster rifle: 1D20(4) + 16 + 1 (PBR) +1 (Comrade in Arms) = 22, miss.

    SG makes a Perception check as a reaction: 1D20(13) + 11 = 23, success.
    Realizes his E-web is broken beyond repair.
    SG takes another move action to draw a frag grenade.

    S3 attacks Tahla with blaster rifle: 1D20(9) + 16 + 1(PBR) + 1 (Comrade in Arms) = 28. Burns a Force point (6,2) = 34, potential hit.
    Tahla UtF to Deflect/Redirect: 1D20(3) + 18 = 21, failure.
    3D8(21) + 5 = 26 damage.

    Purge Trooper attacks Tahla with purge blade using Staggering Attack: 1D20(1)…awesome.
    Foregoes any other actions this round.

    I changed the guys on the map to be more legible. Hooray Photoshop!

    Rector Access Corridor3.jpg


    K=Kadrien, P=Alsia, S=Shayle, T=Tahla, S1-3=Elite Stormtroopers, SG=Stormtrooper Gunner, Big P=Purge Trooper, B=Broken E-Web Cannon
    Last edited by rogue; 06-30-2017 at 04:19 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •