Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VIII: Jaws of the Sarlacc

Kadrien felt Tahla so strongly in the Force he didn't need to reach out to touch her. He smiled at her and quietly absorbed her presence. It was so familiar and just as peaceful as he had first felt. He put one hand on Bran's shoulder as Tahla faded.

"See, she's not gone," he said. "She'll always be with us. We just need to figure out where we go from here..." he trailed off as he realized Alsia was making her decision. He left Bran for a moment to offer her his hand to shake. "It's been an honor," he said simply to her. "Keep an eye on the bucket of bolts for us." He bowed his head slightly to ACE and smiled.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Though a bit crestfallen that Tahla disappeared as quickly as she came, Bran listened to the jabbering droid and brusque Bothan in contemplation.

"I'll take the commission," he said nodding to Shayle. "This rebellion needs jedi."

Bran finally grinned in his boyish way, the first in a long while.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

"And DLF Shipping needs you," ACE told Alsia, offering her a hand.
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

Default Mee jewz ju!

They agreed. Shayle and the jedi stayed, seeing ACE and Alsia off to the hangar before the fleet jumped away to their refuge on Polis Massa. They said no true goodbyes. Each knew the galaxy to be a big place, but sometimes small enough that paths could cross again. For now, the fledgling Rebellion won a major victory; one the Empire had no way to hide. Even now the Holonet brimmed with footage, some from the freedom fighters and others from the mercenaries and scoundrels they hired; but many just taken from the thousands of civilian traffic around Byss. Regardless, the fact that the construction of a super-weapon occurred right under the Imperial Senate’s nose served to irritate any more aggressive expansion, for the time being.

As the last of the ships left the Peregrine’s bay, Shayle, Kadrien and Bran watched their friends blast off towards separate destinies. And though unseen, Tahla witnessed the moment from the Force itself, even sparing a micro-second to consider her former life, before continuing an eternal journey at the whim of life itself.

No sooner had the ships left the bay, did the external doors close in expectation of their jump. As the stars turned to lines around them, all wondered just what else was in store for their collective struggle…

OOC: Ok guys, like I said feel free to post below to let us know what your character would do over the next 13 or 14 years. Have at it, and congrats and many thanks for staying with me on this journey. You are all the best players a GM could ask for.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Default Epilogue: Tahla

Tahla Joona has become one with the Force. She moved with the invisible current of energy that bound the galaxy together, feeling its ebb and flow with the seemingly constant loss and rejuvenation of life itself. It was difficult to avoid losing herself in its intoxicating nature.

In the years that would come, the former Jedi would manifest many times, to supervise Bran Kota’s climb back into the Light. She cloistered herself in meditation with Kadrien Soth, instructing him in the ways of the Jedi Master. Mostly, though, she moved unseen and unheard through the Fleet. She witnessed her band merge with larger forces, and establish safe havens on moons and planets far from the prying eyes of the Empire. She buoyed spirits, loaned courage, and sowed hope against the dark days to come when they would need it. Many in the Rebellion against the Empire wished each other well with the phrase, “May the Force be with you.” Perhaps, when some of her old shipmates that had survived the death of the Resurgence said it, they were talking about her.

OOC: Thank you.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!