Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VIII: Jaws of the Sarlacc

“Sometimes being the best is a curse,” the droid said wryly. Scanning the coordinates with his ocular sensors ACE steered The Luck's yoke towards the blip Kadrien had pinged on his radar. “Let's go get Tahla's meat-puppet.”

OOC -
    Flying towards Bran's pod!
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

ACE turned the Luck towards the craft and sped along at full speed. A few seconds later, the escape pod appeared showing damage to its thrusters, most likely sustained during the explosion. The crimelord initiate docking operations while Alsia flew cover. This was still an Imperial system, and small skirmishes between fighters and cruisers still exchanged none to far away. Within a few moments, the pod was securely connected to the Luck's port side, and none to soon.

"Fleet, this is Garm Bel Iblis. Secure all personnel, and make the jump to Rendezvous Point One. I repeat, ready to make the jump on my mark," came over the main frequency.

Even before Bran could open the hatch, Shayle was pinging away at the navicomputer. Checking the sensors, he noticed the fleet had sustained heavy losses, but that was nothing for what the Empire would reel from for years to come. Another Star Destroyer and their prototype crown jewel lay wasted, billions of credits worth of resources and manpower. The fire of a Rebellion would surge throughout the galaxy.

"Fleet, jump now!"

The stars tuned to lines, and they had an hour of down time.

OOC: Ok, so XP is posted on the thread, but you can find it below.

If you want to talk to Bran, you'll find him brooding in the lounge area of the Luck. Sorry Elder...you can't really RP being in a separate ship.

Sarlacc Super Structure
    3 Byss Defense TIE Fighters (CL 14) = 1,680 xp per player
    3 Point Defense Laser Turrets (CL 10) = 1,200 xp per player

Main Reactor and Escape
    3 Byss Defense TIE Fighters (CL 14) (evaded) = 1,680 per player
    Bonus: Destroyed Main Reactor = 3,000 xp per player
    Last edited by rogue; 01-05-2018 at 08:46 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Alsia ran the program with the pre-programmed coordinates. As the Objects stretched to meet light, she wondered what would happen if the Empire ever developed the ability to actively track ships in hyperspace.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Kadrien couldn't relax until they jumped to hyperspace. Every nerve in his body was on edge as he constantly scanned their surroundings and waited for more bad news. To his surprise it never came and he slumped back into his chair as exhaustion caught up with him. The fight with Nessa felt like days ago but it had barely been an hour.

He forced himself out of the co-pilots chair to go make sure Bran was okay. Excepting for Masters Yoda and Kenobi, who Kade was sure would soon return to their self-imposed exiles, Bran was the last of the Jedi. Kade walked into the lounge, falling into a seat surrounding the old beat up djark board.

"How'd you make it out?" He asked, trying to force some life into his voice.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Bran almost laid down at the lounge table that doubled as a dejarik board, his legs sticking out of the small booth. He was pale and malnourished, contusions evident through the tears in his prisoner's jumpsuit. Bran sat up as Kadrien's armored form heralded an entrance.

"Oh you know. Power surges kill the system, and a simple telekinetic blast from our blessing, slash, curse usually opens the way," he returned, masking pain with arrogance.

"But that's not so important..."

"No?" Kadrien asked. "Being alive seems pretty damn important. Especially after..." he stopped. Unable for the moment to say her name. His fist clenched again at the thought of her, but then he remembered her last moment. How peaceful it was. He forced himself to relax.

"You felt her, at the end?" he asked. "She was at peace, right? She became one with the Force." It was the only thing Kadrien was clinging to at the moment and he needed reassurance.

Characters:

Bran stayed silent a long moment. Stoic.

"No," he said finally. "I was...too busy saving my own skin. Classic me, huh?"

It wasn't the answer Kade was hoping for. But in a way Bran feeling sorry for himself forced Kadrien to stop doing the same. "Good. You don't think she would have wanted you to save yourself instead of focusing on her? That's who she was. She was strong and brave and if she saw either one of us here moping about her she'd kick our asses."

"Besides," he added, "she liked that skin of yours," he said with a rare grin. "She's at peace," he said, somber again. "When we rendevous with the fleet I'll prove it. We'll mediate together in the Temple. You'll see for yourself."

Kadrien stood up and grabbed some nutrition packs and a medkit and brought them over to Bran. He handed what passed for food to Bran and said "Eat. Any wounds?"

Characters:

"Wait. No, you're right. Just...how did it happen, become one with the Force?," he asked. "There was no pain?"

"I don't think so," Kadrien said. "She just kind of....accepted it all. Everything. Opened herself up to the world and the Living Force that flows through all things and left herself behind. A Jedi, Qui-Gon Jinn, mastered it and has appeared to her before. I think he must have shown her how."

"Believe me," he added, "I don't understand it all myself. We can meditate on it later, when you're ready."

Characters: