Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VIII: Jaws of the Sarlacc

Kade looked at Tahla and Nessa and froze for a moment. What would they do with her? Could they even manage to hold her? He set aside the thoughts as he switched his rifle to the lowest stun setting, pointed it at her unconscious form, and fired again. "Let's go." Was all he said as he took his sister from Tahla and slung her unconscious body over his shoulder.

OOC:
    Stunning Nessa to keep her unconscious a little longer. Let me know if you actually need damage. Otherwise let's blow this popsicle stand.

Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)

Nessa's limbs twitched reflexively as stun energy danced about her. When settled, Kadrien lightly threw her over his shoulder with ease. As he did so, the station jolted and control stations beamed warning of the tractor beam emitters being targeted by Super Star Destroyer gunners. It wouldn't be long until she was free. They watched transfixed as several of the beams failed, the stabilization at approximately 50 percent.

Then the unthinkable happened. The Super Star Destroyer micro-jumped away despite still being tethered to the station. The beams ripped a tremendous chunk of hull, roughly the size of a light cruiser, from the ship as it disappeared. The viewscreen showed debris and even bodies held in place as explosions bubbled across it. Verana showed desperation in sacrificing countless lives to enter the battle against their Rebellion...

OOC: Still waiting for replies from Spas and Elder. I need at least one more vote to move us along.
    Last edited by rogue; 11-02-2017 at 11:08 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

"s417!" She cursed, "We need to get moving." Limping along, aching from the blaster burns she retreated with the others.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

They left the control room, uncaring of who saw them or not. General Kenobi had also reported his team's progress back to the cargo bay with their awaiting ships. As they navigated the station passageways, all were awash with the bedlam of military personnel at their jobs responding to damage control or abandoning the station. No one paid them any mind. Both teams converged in the hangar, with the Luck's guns training on the team as they entered. ACE waved from the cockpit.

Kenobi regarded the fallen woman upon Kadrien's back.

"What shall we do with her," he asked.

As if on cue, Nessa Soth stirred to consciousness. She squirmed on her brother's shoulder in discomfort, but did not try to escape.

"Put me down brother...please."

OOC: XP is up for the encounter. Some of you leveled, I believe. Please check the thread of look below:

The Last Stand of Nessa Soth 3 Elite Byss Stormtrooper Squad (CL 12), Nessa Soth (CL 16) = 2600 xp per player
    Mission Bonus (Damaging the Super Star Destroyer): 1,000 XP per player
    Morality Bonus (Nessa Soth lives): 500 XP per player

Also, Dave you are fee to return at your leisure.

The moral dilemma that Kadrien had been attempting to put off was now before him again as his sister began to wake up. Killing her was wrong, he could feel the Force telling him that. But letting her go and risk her following them in a fighter was also bad. Hoping that the Force would show him the way, Kadrien looked around the hangar. If there was something unarmed like a shuttle perhaps he might be able to let her go...

OOC:
    Let me know what kind of ships we have in the hangar, ed. If necessary, perception:(17) + 14=31

Characters:

Kadrien spied a two TIE Interceptors undergoing maintenance, their own ships and several escape pod egress hatches.
    Last edited by rogue; 11-07-2017 at 09:54 AM.

"Of course, dear sister," Kadrien said, not trying to hide the sarcasm in his voice. Disappointed that he hadn't managed to find a shuttle, he instead made a beeline for an escape pod. He slapped his palm against the pad and watched the hatch open. He easily shrugged Nessa of his shoulder and placed her on her feet into the escape pod.

"Don't go back to the Empire," he said, looking into Nessa's eyes for the first time. "I don't care what you do, but you know they'll kill you for this." He looked at her for a long moment and then nodded. "Good bye, Nessa."

Characters:

Nessa said nothing as the hatch closed. She simply put up her hand, a final goodbye, as the pod shot away from the station.

Kadrien ran back towards the others and motioned for everyone to board their ships. "We're almost there people. Let's finish this."

Characters:

Alsia did not need to be told twice, she ran for her ship. It was time to make atmosphere and finish this.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain