Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 201

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VIII: Jaws of the Sarlacc

  1. #161
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,637

    Default End Round 8 - Begin Round 9

    As their leader fell, the remaining stormtroopers did not hesitate to act. Typical Imperials usually saved their own skin before going down with the proverbial ship. But these weren’t ordinary troopers. Trained on Byss by the Emperor’s retainers, the squad was a dedicated, elite cadre fiercely loyal to doctrine. It was fight or die. So they fought. More blasts focused on the weaker of the rebels, those with the most wounds. Those who bled. Alsia and Shayle became the targets of blaster potshots. Though Alsia ducked out of the way, the Bothan found himself again victim of a horrible wound to his back, burning through his uniform and thick coat of fur.

    OOC: Shayle moves to current.

    S1 takes a full-round action for a Double Attack on Alsia and Shayle:
    1D20(5) + 19 = 24, miss.
    1D20(18) + 19 = 37, hit on Shayle.
    3D8(20) + 5 = 25 damage to Shayle.

    Your turns.

    Final.jpg
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Deftly dodging the incoming fire, but knowing her luck would run out, Alsia hoped to make quick work of the remaining troops. They had bought the others the time the needed. It was time to leave, while she still could under her own power.

    attack S1 with Bryar Rifle +14-2 (3d8+6) or (4d8+6 w/ swift action build up)

    1d20(20)+14-2=32
    dmg 4d8(7,8,6,6)+6=33x2 = 66
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,637

    Default

    Alsia brought down one of the troopers, her shot deadeyed at the visor of his helmet.

    OOC: Alsia does 66 - 1 (DR) = 65 damage. S1 is -1 down the track.

    Still everyone else.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Kadrien momentarily ignored the unconscious form of his sister and focused on the next task at hand. Anger and sadness and elation mixed with in him but he knew he would have to deal with all of that later if they made it out. For now there was still a danger to him and his friends. Turning away from Nessa, Kadrien fired into the mass of troopers. He barely looked, trusting in the Force to guide his aim.

    OOC:
    Swift action to set the gun back to single fire, spending a destiny point for an auto crit to attack S1.

    dmg:(35) + 28= 63 damage.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  5. #165
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,637

    Default

    Another blast took down a trooper, the squad slowly falling.

    OOC: Kadrien does 62 damage with DR. S1 is -2 down the track.

    Still Tahla and Shayle to go.
    Last edited by rogue; 10-24-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,508

    Default

    Tahla was floating. She couldn’t feel her feet on the deckplates. Numb fingers gripped the near weightless blade of shimmering energy spinning in her hands. The sound of the blade seemed more like a far off wave, the stormtroopers’ blaster bolts muted motes of sound in her ears. Her breathing was quick, shallow, and glazed with a rush of sensation a hair’s breath away from pain. Her nerves raced, sending signals through her body like the chasing lights of the countertop gambling machines she’d seen on Bespin. The Jedi Master saw the tendrils of energy surrounding and flowing through everything, and heard the Song of the universe’s Creation echoing off the darker corners of her mind. Her skull rang with it. It set her teeth on edge. Tahla reveled in its noise: a choppy, ethereal reverberation, scintillating around the edges, and filled with promises. She would be the most powerful being in the galaxy. She would know everything, understand everything, if she just removed the obstacles to her ascension.

    It was the Force, at its purest form, before it was molded into being by the choices of mortals.

    Her hand drifted up before her, arm extended, seemingly of its own accord. Her wrist snapped to one side, sending a gale of power at the Trooper squad.

    - 1d20(12)+18=30. Spending a Force Point to increase the check by one size category, making it 35. Toss the squad into the pit.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,637

    Default

    The dark side of the Force tantalized. Aggression, fear and anger; all things contained in such power, but also passion, lust and dire want. Such an easy thing to access in times of grave danger, the jedi master let it flow over her. She swatted the remaining troopers like flies as they fell to their deaths at the bottom of the reactor core. It was only then did Tahla feel cold fingers grasp her soul, realizing the mistake she just made.

    OOC: Tahla DC24 UtF success. S1 falls to their death.

    Tahla receives a dark side warning.

    Combat is over, post at will! I am holding XP until we have resolution with the station.
    Last edited by rogue; 10-28-2017 at 02:46 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Kadrien could feel the cold grip of the dark side momentarily flow from Tahla, but now was not the time to discuss it. If they survived, he was sure they would talk about it later. He ran over to his sister and grabbed any weapons he could find, throwing them into the reactor core as he did so. He took out a pair of binders and put them tightly on her, though he was sure if she woke up they wouldn't stop her for long.

    Part of him was oddly euphoric but another part looked down at her unconscious form and had no idea what to do from here. She was deadly and dangerous. Could she even be held? What damage might she cause in the future? But was he the kind of person who could do what might need to be done? What would that do to him? Questions swirled around him and he tried to hold them off for now.

    Standing over the prone form of his sister, Kade turned his attention back to the vid screen. "Well Verana, there you have it. It's over. Put Bran on a ship this instant and we'll leave Nessa here alive. You can blame this whole failure on her and maybe the Emperor will let you live. Without her.....I don't think this ends well for you no matter what."

    OOC:
    Is a perception to search her necessary?:(11) + 14= 25.

    Let me know if a roll is necessary for discussing with Verana.
    Last edited by jake; 10-28-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  9. #169
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,637

    Default

    Verana scowled through the video screen, the bridge of the Super Star Destroyer visible in the background behind him.

    "Why couldn't you all have just died valiantly when the Fleet fell apart? At least you won't live to see me crush the new one. This makes twice that I've had to wipe out your little insurrection; how many other deaths are on your hands?"

    With that, Verana turned to speak behind.

    "I want all available turbolasers to target the anchoring platform and fire when ready. Helm, plot the microjump. I want us safely away from the wreckage before we engage. Let's end this rebellion."

    The platform rocked as turbolasers slammed into the station’s shields. The video display cut out abruptly, and they were alone with their prisoner…

    OOC: Nope, you find a credstick, her lightsaber, datapad, command code cylinders and utility belt.
    Last edited by rogue; 10-28-2017 at 03:21 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,508

    Default

    Tahla extinguished her lightsaber blade, tending and relaxing muscles that she suddenly realized were sore as reality bled back into focus. "Kade, we have to get back to our ships." She said. "If they break the shop free, it's all over. We've got to try to rally the fleet to destroy it."
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •