Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VIII: Jaws of the Sarlacc

Alsia has been sweating when she saw the gunboats approach, her little ship wouldnt last long against such firepower and when ACE sweet talked them through it she couldnt believe it. The droid always seemed to surprise her... except when he opened fire on the troopers that were filling the hanger when they approached, she new ACE would doing something brash like that.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

The Luck's medium blaster cannon swiveled and fired at the strange, large, robed thing. A wash of concussive energy filled the area as the laser cannon scorched not only the giant, but one of the storm trooper squads as well.

OOC: ACE kicks off the surprise round.
    ACE's attack hits Elite Stormtrooper Squad 1 for 38 -1 (DR) = 37 damage
    ACE misses Imperial Sentinel. 38 / 2 = 19 damage.

Initiatives: Heroes=20, Imps=14

You guys are up. Okay, so you are still in your ships. If you want to blow these fools up with ship weapons, I am cool with it. This was a poorly designed encounter, lol.

Alsia's ship looks like a Snow Speeder. Tahla's is the small thing next to it. Sorry about the scale, it's a large map and the boards don't allow me to upload big photos anymore. Also, there are no overhead photos available of a NovaSword. Just sayin'.

Bay 616 small.jpg

IS=Imperial Sentinel, S1-S2=Elite Stormtrooper Squad
    Last edited by rogue; 05-17-2017 at 05:15 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

A wicked grin crossed her face as she saw the troopers' mistake. She thumbed the laser canons firing switched and heated up the hanger with super heater plasma fully expecting the troopers and Imperial Sentinel to be vaporized.

attack S2 and IS with Ranged laser cannons
    1d20(17)+10=27
    5d10(9,7,5,6,9)x2=36*2=72
    Last edited by elder; 05-19-2017 at 07:02 AM.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

Another cannon salvo lit up the small hangar, burning through the armor of the Imperials.

OOC: Alsia hits S2 and misses IS
    S2 takes 72 damage and is -1 down the track.
    IS takes 36 damage and is -1 down the track.

Tahla jammed her thumb into the ingnition button, and toggled a pair of switches on the control panel. In response, the Jewel's engines reignited, and she felt the fighter hop up off of its landing struts, held aloft by manuvering thrusters. The Jedi Master tapped the right pedal with her toe, and the arrowhead nose of her interceptor swung to the right. Too close for her targeting system to track, she just let her canons drift offer the stormtrooper squad, and then squeezed the trigger on the ship's stick.

OOC: Standard - attack S2 1d20(12)+11=23. Possible damage 6d10(7,7,5,2,8,7)=36x2=72 total.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

Shayle watched as the ships unloaded their salvo into the imperial troops. He wasn't sure if the Luck's systems were capable of jamming communications or not but he was going to try. He began tapping in codes he had used before hoping he could somehow jam the comms of the imperials. If they could still somehow maintain their surprise he was gonna sure try to do that. This was their day.

OOC: not sure if he can but will try. Use Computer check 1d20(8)+19= 27, will use a force point 2d6(4,5). Will use the 5 for a modified 32
    Last edited by Spasseltock Nimblefingers; 05-23-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    Spasseltock Nimblefingers kender CN (with good tendencies) Rogue/13, Handler/ 8
    Shayle Wist'lya Bothan Noble 3/Scoundrel 1/Scout 3/Infiltrator 2 Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance
    Evelyn Morningory Aasimar Warpriest of Sarenrae 2 Wrath of the Righteous
    Virgil Halard Human Ranger 4/Fighter 2/Rogue 2/Knight of the Lily 1 Hourglass in the Sky

Another blast immolated a group of stormtroopers, their smoking bodies now littering the deck. Meanwhile, Shayle was sure no communications made it out of the bay.

OOC: As discussed with Superball, Tahla burns a Force point 1D6(3) + 23 = 26, hits S2.
    S2 takes 71 damage and is killed.

IS takes 36 damage.

Still ACE to go. One more blast should do it....

Bay 616 small.jpg

IS=Imperial Sentinel, S1=Elite Stormtrooper Squad
    Last edited by rogue; 05-24-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Pleased to see that the others adopting his strategy, ACE kept the The Luck's laser cannon blasting away at the remaining Imps in the hangar bay.

OOC -
    Targeting the big guy again.

Attack Roll (d20+12): 23. Force Point (2d6): 2 & 4. I'll take the 4 for a modified 27. Possible Damage (4d10) (x2) = 56.

I'm pretty sure I just missed, so naturally I rolled way better on the damage this time!
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council

"Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

A final blast from the Luck's pilot laser cannon, and the last of the Imperials were gone, the only remnants pieces of armor and equipment. Shayle noticed a fire control alarm sounding when the dust settled. It made sense. Heavy weapons fire in a small hangar was the bane of any space station. Someone would investigate soon...

OOC: I am being nice here again in saying you guys targeted both enemies. Heavy weapons typically have 2x2 or larger blast radius. How much easier do I have to make this? lol

ACE hits S1 and misses IS. The damage is enough to kill both.

XP is being posted for the encounter:

Docking Bay 616: 2 Elite Byss Stormtrooper Squads (CL 12), First Generation Imperial Sentinel (CL 16) = 1,600 XP per player.

The group disembarked their ships, meeting at the blast door that lead deeper inside the station. The alarm still blared and the door was locked and secure. A scomp link sat off to the side, beckoning Shayle.

OOC: Ok, Dave said he was going to take another break and let you guys handle the station. Dave, I'll let you fill in the details.

Spas, this is all you with the slicing. You don't have much information about the station.
    Last edited by rogue; 06-09-2017 at 02:26 PM.