Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: Star Wars DoD - Episode VIII: Jaws of the Sarlacc

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,529

    Default Star Wars DoD - Episode VIII: Jaws of the Sarlacc

    STAR WARS: DAWN OF DEFIANCE
    Episode VIII
    JAWS OF THE SARLACC


    The galaxy rests on a tipping point as the forces of evil have struck
    a devastating blow against the Alderaan Resistance.
    Yet all is not lost, and even now Senator Bail Organa
    has summoned allies and great heroes to take part
    in a daring attack on the Empire.
    As the fate of the Resistance hangs in the balance, a small band of heroes
    has a chance to strike a blow that will echo through the ages,
    and show others that even the mighty Empire can be defeated . . .
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,529

    Default

    Seven days passed in hyperspace as the Beginner’s Luck jumped into the Deep Core. All the rebels knew was they had the location of the Sarlacc Project, and nothing further. The Resistance had gone dark, sharing a simple set of coordinates well off the jump lanes. During faster-than-light travel, Obi-wan Kenobi shared the higher points of his career in the jedi knighthood and offered knowledge and training to those who took it. During their travel, the HoloNet was ablaze with the most recent breaking news. Dubbed the Antar Atrocity by the media, forces led by Admiral Wilfhuff Tarkin arrested or massacred millions of people on Antar 4 in punishment for its allegiance to the former Confederacy of Independent Systems. It was the first time the galaxy bucked against the Emperor’s war machine. On the seventh day, the Luck returned to realspace at the rendezvous point.

    Outside a massive nebula, a collected space armada of ragtag ships led by the Dreadnaught Peregrine amassed for their assault. Z-95 Headhunters flying patrol intercepted them, and escorted the YT-1300 in towards the capital ship. As they approached they noticed tramp freighters, modified bulk cruisers and more than a few Clone Wars-era ships making the motley assortment of the fleet. It was a stark juxtaposition to the pristine vessels of the Empire. The sensors even pinged the IFF transponder for ACE’s Winning Hand, the modified Republic vessel the droid used as his base of operations. Even Gavin Zrak’s stealth freighter the Jaded Trickster was parked out there, who surely had Vordell (the Dude) in his service. It looked like Senator Organa called in every favor he had up his voluminous sleeve.

    The Luck had instructions to park inside the Peregrine’s massive hangar, noticing Blue and Gold squadron housed there, and back up to fully crewed status. The fire of the Rebellion still burned. With General Kenobi in tow, they were escorted to the command center. Many of the crew stopped to thank or gaze in wonder at the assortment of heroes as they moved through the crowded decks.

    On the bridge, familiar faces waited upon their arrival in the form of Bail Organa, Garm Bel Iblis and Admiral Varth. Off to the side ACE and Gavin Zrak spoke silently to one another, looking a bit uncomfortable amongst all the formality and order. Organa nodded, striding over to Master Kenobi to shake his hand. Both men smiled fondly.

    “It is good to see you, old friend,” Organa said to Obi-wan silently. The jedi master only nodded expectantly, knowing that Organa had words to say and there would be time to catch up later.

    "My dear friends," the senator began, a gleam in his eyes. "You have done us a great service by bringing Master Kenobi here.”

    "I'm afraid we have little time for joyous reunions, though. Too many lives have already been sacrificed to stop our progress. While you were on Tatooine, the Bothan SpyNet brought forth very timely data. We have not only discovered the location of the Sarlacc Project above the planet Byss, but also obtained a full readout of the vessel's defenders. We know that the Sarlacc Project, while not yet complete, is within weeks of being so. Admiral Varth?”

    Gilder Varth came forward, his posture straight as an arrow.

    "What I have proposed is a mission to destroy the prototype. We have enough ships to distract its defenders, but we can't hope to beat them and destroy the ship—just survive,” he said. “What we need is someone to take control of their defenses and turn them against the prototype.”

    “The ship is docked and guarded by a Golan Defense Platform. Through the aid of Jaded Exports and DLF Trasportation, we have a number of Imperial transponder codes to disguise a small amount of vessels. It won’t stand up to visual inspection, but will fool sensors. We are asking your team to lead this mission. You’re our best and only hope.”
    Last edited by rogue; 06-09-2017 at 12:36 PM.
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    O-H-I-O!
    Posts
    4,593

    Default

    Kadrien nodded. "A Strike Team has a better chance of success than an army," he said. He looked to Ace and the other smugglers. "If you can get us in, we can handle what's inside." Or die trying were the words he left unspoken.

    He raised one hand and began rubbing his chin in thought. "What of General Kota? I know he is reluctant to join us directly, but perhaps we could get him to launch a strike at a nearby system and divert some Imperial forces?"
    Moderator

    Characters:
    -Loren Soth (LG Male Human Fighter 7/Paladin 3; Dragons on the River of Time)
    -Kadrien Soth (Zabrak Soldier 5/Jedi 2; Star Wars-Dawn of Defiance)
    -Victaria Grey (NG Female Cleric of Irori 5; Rise of the Runelords)


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,529

    Default

    Senator Garm bel Iblis came forward at that, apparently knowledgable on the jedi fugitive.

    "Master Kota and his militia are on their way here from the Outer Rim," he said. "He'll be in the fray, just a little late..."
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,849

    Default

    “I'm willing to fly the strike team in,” ACE volunteered, stepping forward to be heard.

    He took amused note of the skeptical and surprised expressions on the faces of the Jedi present, before barreling forward with his offer.

    “The Winning Hand is to big for that kind of tactical insertion, but if you haven't blown my ship up I'd be willing to take the Luck in and out,” he said eagerly to Tahla and the others.

    OOC -
    Okay, I'm throwing my hat into the ring! Can't...resist...blowing up...stuff, one last time!
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    5,406

    Default

    Tahla spoke up. "If I can have the deck crew prep my interceptor, I'll fly cover for the Luck." She didn't like the droid suddenly jumping up to take her seat, but now was the time to be a team player.

    OOC: Just roleplay, Dave. Really glad that you're back.
    Last edited by SuperBall; 04-14-2017 at 12:03 AM.
    Dragonlanceforums.com Moderater - To be one, ask one!

    Do you love the Dragonlace Forums? Do they provide you with hours of entertainment? Why not donate? Keep the hamsters running. Ask me how!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The Anvil of Time
    Posts
    18,849

    Default

    "There's a fleet of fighters to fly cover. I just assumed it would be easier to drop the entire strike team off in one vessel," he said. "Generals? How do you want your meat shields dropped off?"
    Head Moderator &
    Member of the Whitestone Council


    "Hey look! I'm the Code of Conduct! Check me out!" -The Code of Conduct

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ulgaard
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    Just like old times, she thought to herself, starting the mission with an argument. Alsia held her tongue as she could see advantages to both options.
    "It's not a game of Final Fantasy where you can step outside the plot for a bit and train up your stats, it's a potentially apocalyptic final chapter in an epic drama." - Brass Tiger Captain

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,529

    Default

    Admiral Varth addressed the question.

    "We suggest several ships, vice one. There may still be patrols. Our fleet will engage the defenders, but much farther off from the platform and Super Star Destroyer," he answered. "Thus if you do engage any defenses, there is a greater chance of getting a team aboard."

    Though Varth didn't address the chance for a high mortality rate, it was plain that this trip could be a one-way venture.

    "We have six transponder codes, and thus it's suggested two freighter types to house the strike teams, with four fighter escorts."

    Tahla, Kadrien and Alsia felt Kenobi dip into the Force, searching his feelings.

    "I'll lead one of the strike teams," a clarion voice came from Obi-wan. All gawked at the former jedi master. "It seems like the right thing to do."
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    12,529

    Default

    "-a-hem," they also heard from over next to ACE. "I volunteer my ship and uh...me of course fly in one of the strike teams. I'm in, thick as thieves," said Gavin Zrak. "I'll even do it free of charge. I don't need my business interrupted by some Imperial super-weapon."
    -Dragonlance Nexus Social Media Manager-
    GM - ICRP: Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •